The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep expecting to see a transfer rumour, but instead I get ***** about Liverpool :'(

I don't see the point Scott is making here. Sure, maybe Dalglish said Babel was staying and was overruled, but I find it far, far more likely that he was just bluffing for whatever reason. Let me give you another example.

25th Jan: Gerard Houllier says that Curtis Davies will not be leaving.
27th Jan: Curtis Davies nearing completion of a move to Birmingham.

No deal can be tied up in two days, especially not when the player in question was deep in talks with another club. So one is left with a choice: either Houllier was forced into selling him by the owner (deeply unlikely, considering Lerner's investement) or he was basically lying (for whatever reason). I'm going to go with the latter, personally. It's the same idea with Kenny and NESV. Why would NESV force him to sell? They've got money, they don't NEED to trim the squad. More to the point, they're in it for the long haul, not to just milk the club like their predecessors. Hence, I am loath to believe any conspiracy theorists regarding this.

to be fair i think majority of PL managers dont get any say on who they want to sign or who they want to leave the club now days.

Well looks like that’s all over doesn’t it? After about ten days or so of blogging, newspaper stories and the constant bickering between Liverpool and Ajax staff, it looks like Luis Suarez will not be joining the Merseyside club.

In an interview with Dutch radio station, Radio 8 FM, Suarez said:

“I am very disappointed that I can not play at Anfield. And I feel cheated by the actions of the leaders of my club, because they refused any compromise to be made for this transfer.”

“Now I have a very small motivation to play for Ajax,” he added.

The recent sale of Ryan Babel to Hoffenheim may have given Liverpool a bit of spare cash to throw at the Uruguayan, but evidently it looks like Ajax are holding out for their asking price.

Speculation about the move has grown over the past few days as Suarez has looked desperate to join the Reds. However, cash-strapped Ajax are desperate to hold onto their star player until they receive their asking price of around £26million.

I don't see the point Scott is making here. Sure, maybe Dalglish said Babel was staying and was overruled, but I find it far, far more likely that he was just bluffing for whatever reason. Let me give you another example.

25th Jan: Gerard Houllier says that Curtis Davies will not be leaving.
27th Jan: Curtis Davies nearing completion of a move to Birmingham.

No deal can be tied up in two days, especially not when the player in question was deep in talks with another club. So one is left with a choice: either Houllier was forced into selling him by the owner (deeply unlikely, considering Lerner's investement) or he was basically lying (for whatever reason). I'm going to go with the latter, personally. It's the same idea with Kenny and NESV. Why would NESV force him to sell? They've got money, they don't NEED to trim the squad. More to the point, they're in it for the long haul, not to just milk the club like their predecessors. Hence, I am loath to believe any conspiracy theorists regarding this.

The fact liverpool fans use he stayed for a few hours is clearly bullshit....? The difference being Kenny is a caretaker( FACT) and Gerard is a full time boss( FACT) Villa dont have a comolli ( FACT). Maybe Comolli didnt see him in the long term future, hence advised NESV to sell him.

@cwarr07 Colin Warris
#nufc close to confirming another signing has just checked in at Jesmond
Newcastle usually house people in the Jesmond Dene hotel when they're here for talks, so some potential merit in this. Hope it isn't Ireland.

Luis Suarez’s January transfer negotiations have created a storm at Ajax with a back-up plan now being considered in which team-mate Gregory van der Wiel would be offloaded to either Manchester United or Chelsea if Suarez’s Liverpool deal falls through.

The Amsterdam giants are understood to be having minor financial difficulties and need to sell at least one player during the current transfer window.
Van der Wiel has been tracked by a number of clubs including Spanish giants Barcelona, but a preferred move to the Premier League continues to grow in popularity.
The 22-year-old Dutch international’s agent Hakin Slimani has said that all offers and options were being considered, but that everything hinged on the Suarez deal.
‘Anything can happen at the moment.’ Slimani said.

‘I think if one of the clubs want him, he would have to think about it. The main thing is that Ajax will have to make a decision about that.
MORE: Liverpool transfer news

‘But at the moment nothing is concrete, there is no offer on the table. He still has a contract for five years, so it all depends on Ajax and whether they are willing to let him go, and whether Luis Suarez joins Liverpool.’

The Reds have been given until Saturday to decide whether they wish to buy Suarez for Ajax’s asking price of £21million after initially offering £12.8million for the Uruguayan striker.

Any possible move for Van der Wiel by either United or Chelsea would cost the clubs around £8.8million and Blues manager Carlo Ancelotti could use the Dutchman as an option if the David Luiz deal from Benfica falls through.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/footbal...#ixzz1CGaTsMwH

The fact liverpool fans use he stayed for a few hours is clearly bullshit....? The difference being Kenny is a caretaker( FACT) and Gerard is a full time boss( FACT) Villa dont have a comolli ( FACT). Maybe Comolli didnt see him in the long term future, hence advised NESV to sell him.

Who let Babel go then? Comolli? The same Comolli who is not in-charge of transfer negotiations?

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

You seem to have it in your head that Kenny is more then a caretaker manager..? I have said this before, I have found no quote from Henry saying anything different, If you can find me a quote from them, ( not a tabliod story) i might change my opinion, Yet Comolli was employed for the long term. So Comolli words hold more Value to Henry. And Kenny said he was staying, Wait he has left. And off all excuses that Liverpool fans could use, you use, He stayed for one hour, Give me a break. That is an excuse you expect 12 year olds to use in the play ground.

You clearly have not got a clue what you're talking about. John Henry is not our owner. Werner is our chairman, and is in-charge of what goes on at the club regarding the managerial side, and he said Dalglish could become permenant. You seem to think Comolli has the last say on everything, which just is not the case. .

Scott VM alex if you really want to persist with your "theories" lets put this thread back on the transfer rumou mill nly

Milan Jonavic turns down wolfsburg move breaking news on SSN

Don't know quite where else to put it put heard strong rumours around Everton today that we are on the brink of administration. I think this is an exaggeration, but who knows with the offloading of Pienaar and Yak, and not bringing in anyone to replace...

We would seriously struggle to stay in the league if that happened.. but the silver-lining would be the end of Kenwright, however much I like the guy, he is not enough for the club..

Come on, we need to sign players, stop ******* about.

ottenham star Niko Kranjcar is wanted by struggling German giants Werder Bremen - but he wants to stay in the Premier League.

The Croatian midfielder is free to leave White Hart Lane and Bremen are trying to take him in a £5million deal and want the transfer completed by the weekend.

However, Kranjcar’s agents were contacting clubs in England yesterday in a bid to find him a home on these shores.

Kranjcar would ideally like to join Liverpool, but he is not top of their wish list just now - although that may change if Blackpool star Charlie Adam is priced out of his move to Anfield.

Dunno why 'Pool would want Adam over Kranjcar. Kranjcar's more experienced, more versatile, a similar age and simply a better player than Adam.

Come on, we need to sign players, stop ******* about.

ottenham star Niko Kranjcar is wanted by struggling German giants Werder Bremen - but he wants to stay in the Premier League.

The Croatian midfielder is free to leave White Hart Lane and Bremen are trying to take him in a £5million deal and want the transfer completed by the weekend.

However, Kranjcar’s agents were contacting clubs in England yesterday in a bid to find him a home on these shores.

Kranjcar would ideally like to join Liverpool, but he is not top of their wish list just now - although that may change if Blackpool star Charlie Adam is priced out of his move to Anfield.

Why do liverpool NEED to sign players? They're squad is good enough and perhaps if these players actually spend time playing rather than continuously trying to sign new people.. Liverpool might get somewhere

Why do liverpool NEED to sign players? They're squad is good enough and perhaps if these players actually spend time playing rather than continuously trying to sign new people.. Liverpool might get somewhere

We've had very little change for a while. Skrtel, Agger, Gerrard, Carragher, Reina, Torres, Lucas, Kuyt etc have all been first team regulars for many, many years, they're used to each other. In the summer we bought Koncheskey who's leaving, Poulsen who's not being played, and Merieles who's gelled in well. Our squad hardly changes, we've needed a top class striker for 3 years, we have two strikers, Torres and N'gog. Our LB position's wide open, we need to sell some centre backs and replace them. Need a new winger, who can cross the ball, something none of our current ones can do.

When Paul Konchesky is playing at left-back, you need to sign players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back