The update is out. Hopefully this still works.

here are the details to the new match engine updates:
MATCH ENGINE (v1555)

- Fixed issue where players would sometimes not make an obvious challenge for the ball
- Fixed bug making saves too difficult at certain heights and angles
- Fixed keepers not punching balls they can’t hold at certain heights
- Improved goalkeeper reactions after an initial save
- Fixed bug where fifth official moves onto the pitch over the course of a match
- Fixed bug with physio walking across the pitch
- Made first time kicks a little harder
- Improved link between first touches and player attributes
- Fixed bug where keepers sometimes hesitate on sweeping up ball behind defence
- Fixed instances of free kicks being taken with wrong foot
- Improved wall position at some free kicks
- Improved marking and positioning at some throws
- Made players run more directly with ball when on counter
- Increased likelihood of players attacking space with ball at feet
- Fixed some issues with close range finishing
- Fixed a couple of bugs with player reactions to long kicks
- Improved defensive positioning of support duty strikers and attack duty AMCs
- Fixed bug causing defences to push up prematurely
- Prevented d-lines from pushing up too quickly when ball with opposition
- Made teams get back a bit quicker when ball changes hands
- Fixed bug in dribbling speed that overpowered certain dribblers
- Fixed some instances of centre halves engaging ball player and breaking their defensive line
- Reworking of when players should look to commit fouls
- Fixed some issues around reactions to rebounds, saves and deflections
- Fixed high defensive lines at wide free kicks
- Improved the balance of Goals Per Game in low CA leagues

Last edited:
USMNT, 5,71 goals per game! xD you are really advanced in your game 2025?! Odegaard, 89 goals!? I made similar records on previous FM, when I was on 2027, more or less xD

USMNT, 5,71 goals per game! xD you are really advanced in your game 2025?! Odegaard, 89 goals!? I made similar records on previous FM, when I was on 2027, more or less xD

Ya it was a crazy tactic. It was a 4-3-3 3 striker formation. But all of that was on 15.2, so idk if it works on 15.3 lol. I need to go home and try but I am stuck here at work for another 6 hours.

can't download the latest patch . It's auto download on steam:(

can't download the latest patch . It's auto download on steam:(

Restart Steam. Auto download has nothing to do with it. Sometimes it just gets stuck. Exit your game and restart steam.

Kun, or any other person who can answer this question. In the OP, Kun lists the key attributes for each position. For FB's, CD's and wingers, passing isn't listed as a key attribute. But for tiki, passing is the most important, and you pass the ball 600-800+ times a game. So shouldn't very good passing skills be an absolute requirement for every position on the field?

Ya it was a crazy tactic. It was a 4-3-3 3 striker formation. But all of that was on 15.2, so idk if it works on 15.3 lol. I need to go home and try but I am stuck here at work for another 6 hours.

Ofc, but your team must help. You must have all of best regens on your game, so... Now is a bit easy. If you wanna try to take it to a new level, try now with only guys from your youth academy :)

View attachment 781268
Still working well after the patch! Opposition still only need 1 shot on target to score though XD

LoL, nice result. I suppose that you are on 2020+ lol But nice game ! :') and about the fact that they only need one shot... well, there are things that never change. xD

Kun, or any other person who can answer this question. In the OP, Kun lists the key attributes for each position. For FB's, CD's and wingers, passing isn't listed as a key attribute. But for tiki, passing is the most important, and you pass the ball 600-800+ times a game. So shouldn't very good passing skills be an absolute requirement for every position on the field?

USMNT, yes, it's important but for some positions isn't that important, like on defenders. If they have good passing attributes, obviously it's better ;) But I have to agree with you on the wingers, on this formation and with this new player roles, the wingers must have great passing attributes. But, talking a bit about the defenders, the most important thing is to tackle balls from the oposition, even if they do tons of passes per game, but the passes of the defenders are too short, so they don't risk to much.

Ofc, but your team must help. You must have all of best regens on your game, so... Now is a bit easy. If you wanna try to take it to a new level, try now with only guys from your youth academy :)

I got Sturridge to score 66 the first year lol. He consistently scored 60+ league goals. Then sold him once Odegaard was developed enough to take over. But ya, as you go on it does get easier. The approach of only using players that came through my youth and not purchasing any players is an approach I am going to take. Going to also start an Athletic save where you can only sign Basque players.

USMNT, yes, it's important but for some positions isn't that important, like on defenders. If they have good passing attributes, obviously it's better ;) But I have to agree with you on the wingers, on this formation and with this new player roles, the wingers must have great passing attributes. But, talking a bit about the defenders, the most important thing is to tackle balls from the oposition, even if they do tons of passes per game, but the passes of the defenders are too short, so they don't risk to much.

Makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

I got Sturridge to score 66 the first year lol. He consistently scored 60+ league goals. Then sold him once Odegaard was developed enough to take over. But ya, as you go on it does get easier. The approach of only using players that came through my youth and not purchasing any players is an approach I am going to take. Going to also start an Athletic save where you can only sign Basque players.

Wow, love the idea! I also create in every single FM a save in Athletic! :) that is a big challenge! :) Dominate Spain and Europe! :'D And, even with that restriction of "Only basques", they are (only with Barcelona and R. Madrid) the only team who never have been relegated! :'D

Wow, love the idea! I also create in every single FM a save in Athletic! :) that is a big challenge! :) Dominate Spain and Europe! :'D And, even with that restriction of "Only basques", they are (only with Barcelona and R. Madrid) the only team who never have been relegated! :'D

Ya, that is a crazy fact about Athletic.

I also want to bring the Tiki to the BPL. Has there been a team in real life to run the Tiki in the BPL?