The Truly TIKI-TAKA - by kun

• Thread starter Thread starter kun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 677K
Hi Kun,
Thank you for this brilliant tactic :)
I've had a lot of success with it, winning the league in first season with spurs. Just some problems I have with this is, my strikers never do as well as the other 2 IFs. I have lewandowski and aguero there and they always get ~6.8-6.9 rating and never score any goals or assists. How do I make them perform better? I tried switching them to attack but it does not do much. I always see my midfielders and DM shoot at goal and miss, but never see the striker try to shoot. I instruct him to 'shoot more often' but he only shoots (and misses) when he receives the ball outside of the box, worsening his rating.

Also, most of my goals come from corners where the Left IF scores them all so it's getting a bit unrealistic. What can I do to start scoring during open play?

Thanks again!

LLorente not good for this style of play right Kun?

Not even close :P at least on reality. eh eh but you can put him, and he will score some goals, because he's a great header, and your Wing-backs do a reasonable number of crosses. :) But you may have to change his role. Try "poacher", but be sure that he have the instructions to move from his position.

Hi Kun,
Thank you for this brilliant tactic :)
I've had a lot of success with it, winning the league in first season with spurs. Just some problems I have with this is, my strikers never do as well as the other 2 IFs. I have lewandowski and aguero there and they always get ~6.8-6.9 rating and never score any goals or assists. How do I make them perform better? I tried switching them to attack but it does not do much. I always see my midfielders and DM shoot at goal and miss, but never see the striker try to shoot. I instruct him to 'shoot more often' but he only shoots (and misses) when he receives the ball outside of the box, worsening his rating.

Also, most of my goals come from corners where the Left IF scores them all so it's getting a bit unrealistic. What can I do to start scoring during open play?

Thanks again!

Ok, I had Messi and he made a lot of assist (not on corners), but ok... Is Messi. Try to change Complete Forward (mostly) when is Aguero Playing and the "support" role. If they mantain his rating (at least 5 games), try to put the role "attack". See what happens. With Lewandowski, he is also a good complete forward (not as good as Aguero), but if you prefer, turn the Polish man in "Poacher", but make sure that he moves from his position.

To be honest johnnydrama, I've finished yesterday night my 3rd season on Barcelona and was the most prolific season for Lionel Messi, but I don't have sure how many goals he scored... In your save he is the guy o receive the short corner?? :)

No. Neymar (SCL) he's the one who receive the short corner. As a SC, Messi scores at average about 40-45 goals a season.

Never seen like this before!

View attachment 417158

Only 4 goals? :P

Did just a few changes. Changed the defensive mid to an attacking mid, and made a few instructions on the AMC. Some player roles changed. First game of the season: 4-0 against Man Utd :)

Formation: 6f5ff9654a6c6e554e540ae0543c1c4b.png
1st game: c5d7670f55ab09e64de79dd87b61beca.png

Looks like the tactic is fantastic, and you can even tweak it a bit and still get amazing results.

It should be interesting if you post a SS of an entire season to see the results. Great tweak it seems :D

This tactic does not work with Tottenham / Chelsea.
I'm taking many goals and losing matches.
please fixx, xd

Have to wait for the tactic to be fluid, which takes some time. read the OP for more detailed info

View attachment 417425

My first game with England playing the tweak.. not 100 passes, but a rout nontheless. Formation is nowhere near familiar as well..

I'd like Rooney to have more play, might add play through the middle as well, but if im winning who cares? :p

Waiting for your tweaked to use it :D

Firstly, well done, a great tactic and very good job of presenting and sharing. My comments below are in no way a criticism of the tactic.

I'm massively frustrated with this so far, all of the goals I concede are identical, it's basically like watching the same replays over and over again, I'm close to quitting to be honest.

1. A long throw into the box
2. Corners
3. Free kicks
4. Crosses

It's driving me insane, no matter what I do in terms of set piece defending, it happens. Has anyone got any advice on defending these?

Also, my DLF is under performing pretty substantially to the rest of the team, any advice here?

Thanks, again, the above isn't a criticism of the tactic, I think you've done a great job.

1 - works like corners. check more info in number 2
2 - i have changed the defensive corners because it does not work. Too many upfront. Put CBs and DMC to target taller guys, FBs on posts and CMs and STC in the box. one winger outside the box and the other upfront for counters.
3 - Well, what can i say, the same as 2 if its not direct free kick. If it is.. nothing you can do
4 - As Kun said, you can change the FBs role from automatic to support. It works for me

Also i have in match prep, defending set pieces.

How much will it affect the tactic if I change the DLF - Support to Attack? My ST's aren't scoring very many (I'm still winning) and I'd like him to score more :)

You have to check the best role for your striker. If he does not like to play with the role the tactic has set, change it and see the results. For me, Pizzaro will go and Mandzukic also, as Muller plays better and Lewandvoski is coming.

Final match for today:View attachment 417794

I had to do some unexpected changes, even more unexpected when we are facing a UEFA Champions League Final!! The reason was: all my FB were unavailable to play the final (3 injured + 1 suspended). Solution: I made a new tactic, only for this Final. Conclusion: Massive domination against Jos? Mourinho's Chelsea!! If I was expecting that?? Not at all, even more because the new system isn't fluid, ofc. (was made 3 days before the final).

Time to bed. (Tomorrow morning, I'll put the final SS of my 3rd concluded season!)

Just changed the players in the pitch or did you changed roles?
Someone in the forum told that 3 CBs cover better than using FBs, because of the crosses bug.

Should post here for testing :D

LLorente not good for this style of play right Kun?

Have you tested him? Results?

Just changed the players in the pitch or did you changed roles?
Someone in the forum told that 3 CBs cover better than using FBs, because of the crosses bug.

Should post here for testing :D

Some positions, I've just moved into the new ones. But other I've created new roles, for sure. :) And it went good!! So **** good! :O

I was expecting to lose the final to be honest. Crosses bug?? What bug ? :x

Outstanding start!! But in England you must have to face (beside Man City and Arsenal), Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham, so could be great season, but be careful :)
View attachment 455214
There's some more games :)

So far in the EPL only lost to Stoke and Cardiff, but beat Liverpool, Tottenham, and drew with Chelsea, Manchester United. No big teams left until second half of the season so I'm comfortable now.

And check out James McCarthy.. 16 appearance 16 assist. 8.55 rating.

Maybe he will win World golden ball? hahaha.

View attachment 455213

But goalkeeper Tim Howard isn't performing well in the sweeper keeper role... what keeper do you suggest for Everton? I have low transfer budget and nearly into January.

Last edited:
View attachment 455212

I'm playing Tottenham, won 5/6 in my group...Meanwhile at the bottom of the SS, Barce came 4th! They need to play these tactics, won 2/6 :) Thanks Kun!

View attachment 418212
There's some more games :)

So far in the EPL only lost to Stoke and Cardiff, but beat Liverpool, Tottenham, and drew with Chelsea, Manchester United. No big teams left until second half of the season so I'm comfortable now.

And check out James McCarthy.. 16 appearance 16 assist. 8.55 rating.

Maybe he will win World golden ball? hahaha.

View attachment 418215

But goalkeeper Tim Howard isn't performing well in the sweeper keeper role... what keeper do you suggest for Everton? I have low transfer budget and nearly into January.

Ok, very good 1st half of season! :) to be honest mate, I'm not at home, so I don't have any idea which GK is cheap and also good with the Sweeper role. ;) Very good James McCarthy :D I guess he is taking the "short corners" eh eh

View attachment 418217

I'm playing Tottenham, won 5/6 in my group...Meanwhile at the bottom of the SS, Barce came 4th! They need to play these tactics, won 2/6 :) Thanks Kun!

And your group wasn't easy :o nice job, mate!! And that Barcelona... Just made me laugh! xD

Congrats for your success and thanks for the words! :D

Very good tactic. The only one that constantly keeps possession and plays beautiful football. I also like the way you respond and interact with the people who comment, so kudos for that!

I have one quick question. Something I don't like to see is when my fullbacks (wingbacks) and IF's manages to dribble to the byline, but instead of making a pass or hard cross to a player in the middle, they try to score from an impossible angle. This, or they just pass it back to the DM who is just ahead of the half way line. Is there any way to change this by adjusting any settings? I think a lot more goals could be scored if they did like what I wanted to. Besides, that is what Barca do a lot!

Magnificent tactic Kun!!!! Came second in the Premier Leaugue (behind Man U) and beat Man City 4-2 in the FA-cup final! I`m Newcastle. 1. season! Bought only Will Hughes and loaned Depay-Salvio! Won 14 out my 15 last matches!

Last edited:
Very good tactic. The only one that constantly keeps possession and plays beautiful football. I also like the way you respond and interact with the people who comment, so kudos for that!

I have one quick question. Something I don't like to see is when my fullbacks (wingbacks) and IF's manages to dribble to the byline, but instead of making a pass or hard cross to a player in the middle, they try to score from an impossible angle. This, or they just pass it back to the DM who is just ahead of the half way line. Is there any way to change this by adjusting any settings? I think a lot more goals could be scored if they did like what I wanted to. Besides, that is what Barca do a lot!

Hi Qonny. First off all, thanks for your kind words! :) I made this tactic expecting that guys like you that like to play with it, to appreciate the game! So, is very pleasant to see guys like you enjoying it! About the question...: I also would like to change it. xD sometimes, the inside forwards just made some "stupid" shots, for example when on the right, goes to the bottom line and shots with his right foot from there... result: "save from the goalkeeper" or "outside of the net". I don't like this also. LOL, And I guess I have all the instructions to restrict those "stupid shots".

Magnificent tactic Kun!!!! Came second in the Premier Leaugue (behind Man U) and beat Man City 4-2 in the FA-cup final! I`m Newcastle. 1. season! Bought only Will Hughes and loaned Depay-Salvio! Won 14 out my 15 last matches!

Nice one then!! :) Glad that you are enjoying it! Impressive your "final sprint": 14 wins in 15 games... Congrats mate!! :')

Tactic

The best tactic for me :) I never think that it would work like it works for me? total domination!!!

PS: Como portugu?s tenho orgulho em ver um portugu?s com uma das melhores t?cticas para o fm14 ;)

Continua o bom trabalho Kun

cumps

Hi Qonny. First off all, thanks for your kind words! :) I made this tactic expecting that guys like you that like to play with it, to appreciate the game! So, is very pleasant to see guys like you enjoying it! About the question...: I also would like to change it. xD sometimes, the inside forwards just made some "stupid" shots, for example when on the right, goes to the bottom line and shots with his right foot from there... result: "save from the goalkeeper" or "outside of the net". I don't like this also. LOL, And I guess I have all the instructions to restrict those "stupid shots".

I found if you have one of your midfielders with an arrive late in the oppo area PPM, they full back will cut it back to them arriving on the edge of the area.

The best tactic for me :) I never think that it would work like it works for me? total domination!!!

PS: Como portugu?s tenho orgulho em ver um portugu?s com uma das melhores t?cticas para o fm14 ;)

Continua o bom trabalho Kun

cumps

Hi psycadelik! :) Works with you?? GREAT!! :') I think that this tactic have a % of success around of the 85/90% (regarding only with results), which is better than my initial hopes! :) So, every post with a positive feedback is really motivational!! Thanks a lot for that.

PS:
Portugues: E como portugues tenho orgulho em receber elogios de rapaziada "tuga" por estes lados. A tatica tambem esta no cmportugal, mas nao passo la tanto tempo, prefiro estar por aqui (mais gente).
English: (and as portuguese, I'm very proud to receive kudos from "tuga boys". This tactic also is on cmportugal, but I don't spend a lot of time there, I prefer to be here [more people]).

hey kun, i have a small question? what kind of players do you use as your front 3? i am liverpool and my front 3 keep getting low ratings, i play lamela/ince on the right, suarez in the center and sterling/vitinho on the left.

Back