The UK Politics Thread

If you can't get a job ahead of Igor round the corner then you need to re-evaluate your life. A company can't just take on someone over you because they're Polish and you're English. There are laws and acts preventing this. He's got more to offer to the company than you have. If it is high skilled he'd got more qualifications then you. If its low skilled he's probably still got more to offer than you.

When I worked 30 hours over a weekend a job I worked with mostly Poles. Whenever I mentioned this to people they'd say "******* poles!" as if they shouldn't be working there.

The simple sad fact is that the majority of the English don't want to work the hours unless it's cushiony and easy, where as the poles do. It's simple basic principles. As well as offering to be flexible, to work more hours, they're probably better workers than 80% of the nation. Companies are going to go for better productivity every time, and you can't blame them.

It's sad but true.

Even taking this all into account doesn't solve the issue of over-population and immigrants taking up not only jobs but housing, benefits and everything else that comes associated to living here. It makes it more difficult no matter which way you look at it and will only continuously get worse unless it is controlled better.

Except in the world wars current EU members fought each other. The sole reason EU was born, was to tie us all together economically to such an extent, that a disaster like WW2 never occurs again. It's easy to forget that part, because it worked, and we've had 70 years of peace. The world is becoming a chaotic place, and it worries me deeply to see countries going into isolation again. Isolation turns into hostility given enough time, might not even be in our lifetime, but it's gonna happen eventually.

Anyhow, might be right decision to leave, because EU is a mess and needs an impulse to rethink itself. But even a right decision can be made for wrong reasons. What amuses be about Brexist, is how gung-ho it's political supporters are. There's like, no plan whatsoever.

"Let's leave, we can govern ourselves again!"
" Sounds good, but what's our strategy for when we leave?"
"We'll figure that out later".

How much money evaporated on the stock market just today? And it's not just mega corporations losing out, people have ******* pensions relying on investment companies, how come nobody predicted that's exactly what's going to happen? After couple of decades in the EU, it's all tightly connected now, the businesses, the politics, the legal systems, trade and commerce. It's a massive organizational and logistic undertaking, and things are guaranteed to get worse before they get better. If they get better. Seems like whole lot of risks taken for benefits that are both uncertain and vague.

And lastly, few words to the lass I saw on TV complaining about Poles taking jobs.

Lady , if a guy from Poland comes to UK, doesn't know the language, doesn't have any connections, and he takes your job on the first day...you're **** at your job.

That's a big trigger for me, when people place immigration as the sole reason they can't get a job.

Some people, as already mentioned, need a kick up the ****. My main job has been office administration/call centre work, as it's the job I'm the most suited too because of my qualifications and experience. But I've also worked for Royal Mail, done warehouse work because I was prepared to step outside my comfort zone, and because I wanted to work. I've been applying for a f***tonne of jobs, from working in McDonalds to working for British Airways because I'm not prepared to whine and ***** about other people taking my jobs.

Although I've not been as lucky just yet, the effort has been made. There are jobs out there-some people just won't put the effort in and take the easy route and blame others.

You've listed plenty of people who we may deem credible in some capacity, but like I say, a lot of the arguments for remaining were littered with scare-mongering and many arguments people like me didn't agree with. Or perhaps felt so disconnected from things getting worse because things are already seemingly very bad.

How am I coming across as insane just because you mentioned a few at the top of the chain who were for leaving doesn't mean the majority of Conservative wasn't for remaining. EU vote: Where the cabinet and other MPs stand - BBC News

Why do you assume I am not helping people or getting involved to make a difference just because I vote out of EU? I am well aware of what people have fought for in the past but it would be a different story if they were battling not only their own consistency but also one from elsewhere. Fighting change is hard enough when you are doing it from those above you but also in different places. Even if one agrees the other can still block it because it has control of the rights. It would of been much harder for someone like Martin Luther King to make the change he did if he was living in a time where these rights were being implemented from elsewhere as an example. All hypothetical and opinion of course.

EU played a part because they helped fund the move to Slovakia for the factory, I'm not looking after myself only in politics, I have taken my experience and circumstances and made me realise what other people are going through. In terms of healthcare, employment and everything else. At least I am actually going off experience and proper circumstances rather than a scare-mongering agenda that both sides have done.

In all honesty the change that comes could be worse (hard to argue when we don't know what the future holds), but like I say, if even this means the EU has a shake up, fixes some of the problems and we eventually re-join then in my mind that would be positive.

Last edited:
If you honestly believe you will fare better on your own, then try to act surprised when you'll realize it's not the case.
Don't get me wrong, I am not saying it will be worse for UK from now on, far from it, but better? Not likely.

Your government is covering for their incompetence, and picked the easiest way to do so: blame everything on the EU.
The EU does not have the right to force anything on it's members, unless said countries agree so.
Just look at the recent refugee crisis. How many of them said no to the quotas and have yet to receive a single refugee to this date.
Your leaders lacked a backbone to stand up for you when it was in your interest, and they act all innocent now, and run like rats from a sinking ship (sinking ship is not the UK, no metaphor here).

This is simply my opinion on the matter. You can agree or not, I don't mind, but I won't get dragged into a debate. So sorry, just wanted to vent out my frustration on the matter. Guess I'll be needing a passport again, if I ever come to the UK :D

You've listed plenty of people who we may deem credible in some capacity, but like I say, a lot of the arguments for remaining were littered with scare-mongering and many arguments people like me didn't agree with. Or perhaps felt so disconnected from things getting worse because things are already seemingly very bad.

How am I coming across as insane just because you mentioned a few at the top of the chain who were for leaving doesn't mean the majority of Conservative wasn't for remaining. EU vote: Where the cabinet and other MPs stand - BBC News

Why do you assume I am not helping people or getting involved to make a difference just because I vote out of EU? I am well aware of what people have fought for in the past but it would be a different story if they were battling not only their own consistency but also one from elsewhere. Fighting change is hard enough when you are doing it from those above you but also in different places. Even if one agrees the other can still block it because it has control of the rights. It would of been much harder for someone like Martin Luther King to make the change he did if he was living in a time where these rights were being implemented from elsewhere as an example. All hypothetical and opinion of course.

EU played a part because they helped fund the move to Slovakia for the factory, I'm not looking after myself only in politics, I have taken my experience and circumstances and made me realise what other people are going through. In terms of healthcare, employment and everything else. At least I am actually going off experience and proper circumstances rather than a scare-mongering agenda that both sides have done.

In all honesty the change that comes could be worse (hard to argue when we don't know what the future holds), but like I say, if even this means the EU has a shake up, fixes some of the problems and we eventually re-join then in my mind that would be positive.

ZZ you keep mentioning scaremongering, but was that not the full stategy of the out campaign? Scaremongering about how the EU forces laws on us from unelected people ( it does not btw), immigration and how we are forced to pay 350 million to fund fatcat lifestyles and get nothing back? Pretty sure that was the full tactic of the pretty much Fascist Farage and Gove?

plus will have some 1 in number 10 that no 1 voted for sept some tory assclowns

As far as it stands with football, British clubs - or Premier League in particular - will soon lose the right to exercise Article 19 of FIFA's Regulations on the Status and Transfers of Players. All international transfers are only permitted if the player in question is 18 or older. That becomes exempt if you're an EU or EEA member. Then it's between 16 and 18.

So in all, clubs cannot sign the Januzajs, Lukakus, and Fàbregases of this world once we have formally left. But demand for homegrown players increase to meet quotes and values rise rapidly.

No offense to you guys but please try and understand the mindset of those who voted to Leave. If we had made an effort to understand their grievances and address their concerns instead of dismissing them as idiots for the past 6 months with this debate going on, we would not be in this position now.

No offense to you guys but please try and understand the mindset of those who voted to Leave. If we had made an effort to understand their grievances and address their concerns instead of dismissing them as idiots for the past 6 months with this debate going on, we would not be in this position now.

Who the **** do you think you are, being so level headed and sensible on such a sensitive subject on the internet?!!

View attachment 142905

But yeah, the near future is going to get tough. Be very interesting to see what happens now and in the future

I completely understand it the anger and bitterness its just directed in the wrong place. I just hope now the majority of the country have become involved in politics that they take the opportunity to become more educated about it. The way Farage, Boris et al are being labelled as some kind of national working class heroes that needs to change and fast

You've listed plenty of people who we may deem credible in some capacity, but like I say, a lot of the arguments for remaining were littered with scare-mongering and many arguments people like me didn't agree with. Or perhaps felt so disconnected from things getting worse because things are already seemingly very bad. .... .

Total, if semi related aside .....

Reading you, and whilst I don't totally agree with some of the stuff you're saying, I fully respect your right to that view and it's always interesting seeing another POV.

But I have to ask .....

When it was explained why the L'pool as a City has such a disconnect from the Country and London, and subsequently why we don't do England, you went into a real rage rant over a lack of patriotism etc. Yet when the shoes on the other foot, in this case over a political vote, you have no problem using an argument on similar lines. Which is naturally fine as it's true and we read and acknowledge your view point accordingly.

What's the difference? ..... Exactly. There isn't one. Maybe afford other posters a differing view on things you don't agree with hey mate before you fly in next time?

Ok, continue on. Again, interesting reading a different take on this.

A lot of us here that were involved in the vote do understand. It's when some people take a highly serious and complex geopolitical issue and instead try to minimalise it is when it becomes, unsurprisingly, ugly.

17 million people cannot all be wrong. There are valid points to each side, but it has been a small number from both camps that are influencing what is perceived to be the general consensus.

Total, if semi related aside .....

Reading you, and whilst I don't totally agree with some of the stuff you're saying, I fully respect your right to that view and it's always interesting seeing another POV.

But I have to ask .....

When it was explained why the L'pool as a City has such a disconnect from the Country and London, and subsequently why we don't do England, you went into a real rage rant over a lack of patriotism etc. Yet when the shoes on the other foot, in this case over a political vote, you have no problem using an argument on similar lines. Which is naturally fine as it's true and we read and acknowledge your view point accordingly.

What's the difference? ..... Exactly. There isn't one. Maybe afford other posters a differing view on things you don't agree with hey mate before you fly in next time?

Ok, continue on. Again, interesting reading a different take on this.

Surely though there is a difference, even though I feel a disconnect to my country I still support it. The way we were talking the other day it is like you totally have no value for your country at all. If we start to think like that I think we become to live in a very sheltered life.

Surely though there is a difference, even though I feel a disconnect to my country I still support it. The way we were talking the other day it is like you totally have no value for your country at all. If we start to think like that I think we become to live in a very sheltered life.

How the heck did you read that and completely and utterly miss the point I was explaining to you?

Whether you agree or disagree, the very least you can do is what you're expecting others to do here. Afford someone to have a differing POV without going off the deep end and claiming a superior stance because you don't agree. Which you did.