Sinnott99

Reaction score

The Villans
View attachment 423756
Despite huge debts and a rather threadbare squad Villa are blessed with "Superb" youth facilities and "Top" training facilities. Not a bad place to start.
View attachment 423754So this is my starting tactic, yet to be used so we will see how it goes. I have so far never had any success with tactics that don't operate with wide men but i'm hoping this will be the changing of the tide. I have been a bit risky going for a possession tactic with a side like Aston Villa but seeing as we will have an awful lot of midfielders on the pitch at one time, as well as overlapping wing backs i see no reason why it can't work. Of course this is all in theory. I will probably know whether it is working or not by November.

The Squad

Well, it is very one dimensional:

Keepers:

View attachment 423753
Brad Guzan will be my starter with Jed Steer getting game time in cup matches and late on in the season (if we are hovering aimlessly in mid table, which is what i hope for now). As for Shay Given, he is way past it and the only way i can see him any first team action is if both keepers get injured somehow.

Defenders:
View attachment 423752A very nice set of wing backs in the form of Matt Lowton and Antonio Luna, especially Luna who can still develop has very handy stats. Joe Bennett, currently injured, will inject pace late on hopefully (all 18 of it) and Alan Hutton i will be looking to let go of next season and bring someone new in (disabled first season transfer budgets to make it more realistic).
View attachment 423750Nice set of centre backs, nothing really to talk about here as i haven't yet decided who will be my starting pairing and who will be warming the bench. The first set of games will decide that.

Midfielders:
View attachment 423747
My midfielders seem to fit in pretty well to my tactic (which was not made to suit their preferred roles and duties). I have already put Yacuba Sylla on a training regime to play DM. Due to my liking of Fabian Delph IRL he will be my starting DLP along with El Ahmedi and Bacuna supporting him in the midfield trio. Westwood will also be getting game time while Herd will just be sitting in my squad not doing much at all really.

Attackers:
View attachment 423740
Well 5 injuries all more than 3 weeks leaves me with literally no options early on, though when people slowly come back to fitness my favoured starting pairing would be Benteke and Weimann. I choose Weimann over Agbonlahor due to his superior technical and attacking stats but Agbonlahor in the latter stages of the half with his pace should have a great effect. One to watch for the future is Jordan Graham, 18, who has got great pace and 16 crossing.

So there's my first post in what i hope will be a long and successful Aston Villa career.
Next update will be a transfer round up (i can already tell you that there won't be much action), and a round up of pre season results. From there i will continue to do monthly updates.

Last edited:
Pre-Season

View attachment 423677
Pre-season in the end was a mixed bag. Some good wins and 1 disappointing defeat.

vs Sparta Prague

View attachment 423676
My first game in charge of Villa, at Villa Park, ended in a disappointing defeat. Though Christian Benteke's goal was a good one and it was scored in the exact way i wanted it to be, through good link up play with my 2 strikers. Though in general we did deserve to lose. I put the bad performance down to a number of things. Bad knowledge of tactics, bad starting team instructions, bad teamtalk and lack of fitness. Oh well, things can only get better!

VS Oldham Athletic
View attachment 423671
Good win, yes against a bad team but it boosted morale and also a crazy goal from Antonio Luna! A good double for Libor Kozak and we kept a clean sheet. Good day at the office.

VS Olympiakos
View attachment 423670
*Yawn* What a boring game. Nothing to report on other than a good defensive effort to keep Fulham's new striker at bay.

VS Amiens SC Football

View attachment 423665
Well! WHAT A GAME. 1-1 at half time before SEVEN second half goals. Thankfully 5 of them coming from us. Benteke and Agbonlahor both grabbing braces. Defense did look a little bit fragile though, which is a little bit of a concern.

VS Sparta Rotterdam
View attachment 423658We smashed Sparta Rotterdam, a dutch team in the Jupiler League, as expected and Gabby Agbonlahor carries on his fine pre-season form. I justhope it will carry on into the competitive season. We absolutely dominated them so a little bit disappointed to concede a goal but overall a good performance.

VS Benfica (SLB)
View attachment 423650

Annoyed more than anything about this match. I went into it thinking it would be a close game which either of us could win and that's exactly how it transpired but it was the manner in which we lost it! We conceded TWO penalties, one is bad enough but two is just awful. You just need to look at Jores Akore's and Ron Vlaar's rating's there and that explains everything. Luckily it was just a friendly.

Transfers

View attachment 423649
Absolutely F--- all happening. Nearly got Anderson on loan from Manchester United but he declined the offer after United accepted which is quite frustrating. Though i'm happy that my tactic is suited to the current playing squad.

Upcoming Fixtures
View attachment 423645

August
View attachment 423638

Summary

A disappointing month in general. We started off well but mistakes cost us in the following 3 games which i will come onto.

Transfers:
View attachment 423635Bought in Joe Bryan in on loan because of injuries to other members of the squad. It is only a 3 month deal so just a good little bit of cover.

League Overview (transfers)
View attachment 423632Liverpool doing the usual, sell Lucas then go buy Matic (though they usually buy Yacob but he was obviously pinched buy Chelsea, reminds me a bit of real life).

VS West Brom
View attachment 423631Really chuffed with this win, a close game in general that looked to be heading for a bore draw but a long ball through to Benteke slices the Baggies defence open and Benteke makes no mistake.

VS Swansea
View attachment 423630
Poor performance adds to a awful result. What was worse is that we where the creators of our own downfall. Gifting them two goals. Ron Vlaar with a poor touch in the area giving Bony a tap in then Sylla giving away a stupid penalty making it even sweeter for them. Though we were thoroughly outplayed. Annoyed.

VS Burton Albion (Capital One Cup)
View attachment 423629
Great link up play from Agbonlahor and Benteke creates two goals both time Benteke the provider with Agbonlahor the finisher. 3rd goal was a mistake from the opposition keeper. Still another mistake, this time from Brad Guzan, costs us a clean sheet.

VS West Ham
View attachment 423628
Another poor performance where mistakes cost us with them taking the lead through a penalty. We then managed to take the lead and started to dominate and with me sensing a victory i went for it, it horribly backfired. I guess this one has to be partly put on me.

League Table:
View attachment 423627
WOW!
View attachment 423625That is the first time i have ever seen a PERFECT score, and for that 5 goals in one game! As well as an 8-1 scoreline! What a performance from Chelsea and more specifically Demba Ba

Last edited:
September
View attachment 423603
Sorry for not putting this months upcoming fixtures in the last post, bit of a schoolboy error from me but this is only my first story. Anyway a waywayway better month! We got our 2ND away win against West Brom to progress to the 4th round of the Capital One Cup where we will play Brighton at home. A disappointing loss to Crystal Palace in a game that we should have won considering the chances we had but a cheeky Chamakh near post header earned Palace the points. We then beat Norwich surprisingly comfortably with them grabbing a 90+2 minute consolation.

VS Crystal Palace
View attachment 423601
Frustrating to say the least. In a way we didn't deserve to win this simply because we didn't take our chances at all! Ultimately we payed the price, arguably Guzan should have done better at his near post but oh well.

VS Sunderland
View attachment 423599
Well we got there in the end. It took a half time hair dryer from to for the boys to kick into gear after a fortuitous Sunderland managed to score with their only shoot on goal. One thing that is pleasing is that both of my strikers are firing on all cylinders currently. Although i did say at the start of the season Weimann would be my primary AF Agbonlahor as been UNDROPPABLE!

VS West Brom (Capital One Cup)
View attachment 423598
I have only been Aston Villa manager for 8 games but i have already beaten the baggies, our fierce rivals, twice at the Hawthorns. At this rate shouldn't be long before i'm a legend ;)! Once again a close game but once again Benteke proves to be the differance. One a header the other a cool finish after a one on one.

VS Norwich
View attachment 423597
A game that looks close on paper but there was only really ever one team in it - us. We created 5 clear cut chances compared to their 1 and while most of our shots came in the box and hit the target only 3 of their shots ever made it to the keeper (including their late consolation). Benteke and Agbonlahor continue to flourish both with 5 goals in 8 games.

Squad Summary
View attachment 423593
Benteke and Agbonlahor are unsurprisingly storming ahead as my top performers with them being my top two providers AND scorers. Ron Vlaar and Jores Akore performances dramatically improved this month being rock solid in defense.

League Table
View attachment 423589
We are currently sitting in a comfortable 9th 4 points above the relegation zone so although it is still early days if we can keep this form up we can hopefully put some distance between us and 18th.e

Next weeks fixtures...
View attachment 423587
Ahhhhh ****, Chelsea, Arsenal and Everton in a row! Not too optimistic about this month though hopefully can pickup a point at home to Arsenal and away to Everton as well as progress to the last 8 in the Capital One Cup.​

Last edited:
October
View attachment 423369A horrible month of fixtures with an especially annoying result away to Everton with us taking the lead only to lose it in injury time! We played pretty well against Chelsea but ultimately they took their chances when we didn't and that's what cost us. Though a poor performance against Arsenal was a little disappointing but at least we managed to secure passage into the Capital One Cup quarter finals.

VS Chelsea
View attachment 423368
Writing this had just reminded me that i also have an away tactic as well as the one mentioned in the opening post, i will put a screenie at the end of this post though. Anyway i decided to go with my normal away tactic for this huge encounter and while the scoreboard and stats make it look an easy win for them i honestly believe if we took our chances the game could have been completely different. We had 3 CCC's compared to their 2 so rather unlucky but i wasn't to let down as i was never really expecting anything from this game. At least not yet ;)

VS Arsenal
View attachment 423367
Going behind after 5 minutes really didn't do us any good after i took a gamble in trying my away tactic at home because i though a more counter attacking game would be better against big teams, even if we are at home. Obviously not as Arsenal had about 3 chances in the first 10 minutes and scored through a Moreno corner. After switching i think we were more competitive but Arsenal just had the better players. Fortunately Luna wasn't out for very long. You may be wondering why Benteke is on the bench and the reason is simply that he was on 90% fitness and my fitness coaches said he needed a little rest so i gave the opportunity to the moaning Liber Kozak and he really offered very little.

VS Everton
View attachment 423366
Such a frustrating result! We took the lead after a great through ball from Westwood for Agbonlahor to finish coolly only for Joe Bennett to go give a flipping give away a penalty ONE minute later! We then looked more threatening by shutting up shop and counter attacking viciously Agbonlahor missing a golden opportunity to take the lead once again as well as Benteke having a free far post header which he nodded wide. Everton most of the game just passed it around our box looking for a way through and most of their shots were from long range. It looked like we had sealed a decent little point after the clock went red (only 1 minute of added time was given, typical FM) only for Mirallas to whip in a cross that gives Nikica Jelavic a tap in. Felt like a huge kick in the balls!

VS Brighton
View attachment 423358We just about did the job against a spirited Brighton side very obviously keen to make it into the quarters of a major cup for the first time in ages. Agbonlahor grabs another goal with Antonio Luna deservedly awarded MOM, his passing was spot on and didn't miss a tackle. Solid.

League Table
View attachment 423356
So after 9 games we are 3 points above the dropzone though not too disappointed considering 3 of our losses have come from teams competing for European football. Rock bottom are Norwich who yet to even pick up a win and storming away unbeaten so far are Chelski

View attachment 423349
This is my away tactic that had been working pretty well so far. The aim is to sit back and stay solid at the back before breaking really quickly with long through balls through to Benteke and Agbonlahor. Simple enough.

Next months fixtures
View attachment 423347
Manchester United first of all at home but then 3 very winnable games which i expect to be getting at least a point out of all of them. The next update should be up in a couple of hours so "stay tuned".

Capital One Cup quarter final draw
View attachment 423344
So we have drawn Everton at home, i have to say i am quietly confident about this match, especially after our performance against United (tiny spoiler), rest to come when i reach the end of the month ;):D

November
View attachment 423332What a month! Not only unbeaten but we didn't even draw a game. 8 goals and only one conceded. We have been performing madly! Creating chances for fun and just soaking up anything that's thrown at us! We performed out of our skins against United and did what FM usually does to you (you'll see what i mean in the later screenshot). We hammered Southampton in a game where we could have scored 5,6,7 we were that good, they offered absolutely nothing going forward and rarely gave Guzan anything think about. Despite this great month Jose Mourinho still managed to tip me to the Manager of the Month award. Oh well not to bothered anyway.

VS Manchester United
View attachment 423328View attachment 423327
A special 2ND screenshot just for this game. 1 shot (on target), 1 chance, 1 goal. Benteke i love you. They absolutely dominated us! I was just watching it waiting for them to score but we just wouldn't budge. Ron Vlaar and Matt Lowton leading the shutout with great performances!

VS Southampton
View attachment 423325
What a performance, 19th place Southampton were no match for us! We scored 4 but created 6 clear cut chances and another 3 half chances. They had the lion share of possession (54%) but didn't know what to do with it as our defence once again held firm. Christian Benteke continued his fine form scoring 2 and setting up Gabby Agbonlahor. Luna also chipped in with his first goal of the season. This raised us out of a minus goal difference. Needless to say Pochettino got sacked 3 days later. :)

VS Hull City
View attachment 423324
Just about got there in the end, although it did take a El Ahmedi penalty to get us the 3 points. Hull defended resolutely and seemed to be happy to let us play the football and them try and counter us. Thankfully their strategy did not pay off although their sit back and contain very nearly did Harlee Deen spoiling what would have been a good performance with what look to be a handball (that's the only thing i can see it being given for in the replays) and gift us the 3 points. A rare game where Benteke nor Agbonlahor get on the scoresheet

VS Cardiff City
View attachment 423323
A rather unconvincing win over the bluebirds. A pretty boring game in all honesty and wasn't many points of interest after the 3 games except for a couple of Cardiff chances but we got the win we wanted and head back to the midlands very pleased with a great month all done and dusted.

League Table
View attachment 423303
Sitting in a very nice 7th place only 3 points away from possible Europa League qualification, providing the end of season top 4 win FA Cup and CAP 1 Cup (or even me). 12 points clear of relegation, really pleased with how this season is going so far!

Next months fixtures
View attachment 423300Very busy December with key games being the 3 day Merseyside turnaround then Tottenham and City both at home. Hopefully a couple of surprises in them 4 games. Hopefully! Everton would be great to win as it would see us into a cup semi final in my first season and if Derby beat Chelsea and Burnley beat Liverpool then maybe i stand a chance.​

December
View attachment 422807
I would say quite a good month with 3 wins 2 losses and 1 draw in the premier league and disappointingly going out in the Cap 1 Cup despite going ahead twice. Not to disappointed with the two home losses as they came against 2 very good sides and we also got a great win against Liverpool at Anfield as well as a win against Fulham which looks closer than it was.

VS Stoke
View attachment 422795
Poor performance against Stoke with Benteke latching on to a through ball from his strike partner, Gabby Agbonlahor. Brad Guzan really did save our blushes here today with his 7.1 performance as we struggled for some reaason to contain the Stoke attack (they had 4 CCC's). Their wasteful shooting though also gave us a helping hand.

VS Fulham
View attachment 422783
A very topsy turvy performance that i feel would have been a routine win if Yacob Sylla had 1) not gave away a penalty and received a yellow card 2) not argued back so much as to go and get him sent off. They took an early lead after Ant Stokes fired a low shot into the far corner after lacklustre man marking around the area though a quickfire doule from Agbonlahor quickly gave us the lead. Then came the penalty and sending off and that's how the teams went into the changing rooms at half time. We came out of the blocks raring to go and Agbonlahor got another quickfire double to give us a comfortable 4-2 lead. They did grab a 67th minute goal giving me a nervy next 23 minutes but we managed to hold out.

VS Everton
View attachment 422779
We were on the wrong end of a 4-3 this time though and i think i have a right to be frustrated as we played out of our skins for the 90 minutes of normal time creating chances left, right and centre. Scoring some great goals but we just couldn't hold a lead and Leigton Baines miracle goal gave them a 3-2 lead after we had led 1-0 and then 2-1. We did however manage to claw it back but in extra time we fell to pieces and Everton eventually got their 4th goal. I'm not too disappointed as my main focus was always on the league though would have been nice to at least make it into a final in my first season.

VS Liverpool
View attachment 422778
A great smash and grab win against Liverpool as Brendan Rogers was the second manager to lose his job after receiving what i like to call "The Sinnott Treatment" ;). We had 40% possession and half their shots but once again we took our chance as Leandro Bacuna profited from a poor touch from Martin Skrtel. Another good win against a "big team" though the way they were performing in the league i was quietly confident we could come away with a win.

VS Tottenham
View attachment 422777
One of the best things about our performances all season has been our ability to create and finish chances today both were missing as we only managed to create 1 CCC and we managed 0 shots on target (out of 8) and to compound our profligacy Nathan Baker gifted Tottenham a key 3 points (they are currently our rivals for top 6 finish this season) not to downhearted about this loss as it still left us only 2 points away from top 4 after 18 games. Ridiculous to think we could get Champions League football first season! To be honest though i don't even want it yet! My squad is to thin and not good enough to compete in both Premier League AND Champions League.

VS Manchester City
View attachment 422767
Basically same as the Spurs game with Surgio Aguero. Not much to say really, just unlucky in defeat at the end of the day, little bit annoying as in both of these defeats we have been played very well but just not managed to find our clinical side

League Table
View attachment 42275420 points above the relegation zone is definitely not where i expected to be in my first season 20 games in! Infact we are only 2 points off Champions League qualification which as i have mentioned before not really want i want so early. Though Europa League football next year will be more than welcomed!

Next months fixtures
View attachment 422740

Accidentally went 1 game into January without realising but who still don't get to find out 'till next month. I really do expect to win every single game this month and will be hugely disappointed if we lose a game this season. Hoping for another unbeaten month! :)

Some random stats!
View attachment 422745View attachment 422743View attachment 422744

I think them stats speak for themselves!​

Last edited:
January
View attachment 422077Another great unbeaten month, and to be honest i believe going out of the Capital One Cup at the quarters have been a blessing in disguise as i feel we would not have done as well this month with them two games as well, fatigue is already getting pretty bad.

VS Swansea
View attachment 422074
A game that the Swans dominated (28 shots 69% possession) yet we held firm and took our chances with Benteke and Agbonlahor grabbing goals either side of half time.

VS QPR
View attachment 422073
Bit closer than i would have liked but Westwood got the goal in the end and progressed to the 4th round, job done.

VS West Brom
View attachment 422072
3rd win in one season against our fierce rivals The Baggies, Craig Dawson gifting us the goal and the 3 points. We keep up the pressure on 4th place!

VS West Ham
View attachment 422064
We managed to reverse the early season 3-1 defeat at Upton park to claim a comfortable 3 points Benteke and Okore getting a goal either side of the half time whistle. West Ham didn't get a sniff at our goal.

VS Derby
View attachment 422062
Libor Kozak and Andi Weimann proving to me that they don't deserve to start non important games, wasteful as ****! Great performance from promising keeper Jed Steer after a less than convincing game against Everton.

VS Crystal Palace
View attachment 422060
3 shots (on target), 3 CCC's and 3 goals. Lethal performance and our FIFTH clean sheet in a row.
League Table
View attachment 422055Sitting in 6th but only by goal difference and one slip up from me or them could cost us dearly which is why it is so important to keep the form up! 28 points clear of relegation (H) .

Next months fixtures
View attachment 422054A pretty difficult month with Chelsea and Arsenal to play but hoping we can pick up points aginst Chelsea who have only lost one all season (to Arsenal). Though must get points against Norwich and Sunderland.​

February
View attachment 421969Poor, poor month. Only managing 1 win in the league and then that 2-0 loss to Derby it seems has triggered some bad form. Though saying that, two draws against Chelsea and Man Utd aren't bad results the Sunderland loss most definitely is. This run of form has also caused us to drop down to 7th which puts us out of ALL the European spots which is not really what i want anymore.

VS Norwich
View attachment 421958
Solid win, dominated really all the way until the end and the John Ruddy own goal (which should really have been a Agbonlahor goal) set the result in stone really.

VS Derby
View attachment 421940
This really has confirmed that we do struggle when without Benteke leading our strikeforce with Libor Kozak and Nicklas Helenius both being poor when they have been given starts and Gabby Agbonlahor also seems to struggle when not partnered Christian. Awful performance we deserved to lose this.

VS Chelsea

View attachment 421939
Managed to nick a draw against league leaders Chelsea. After taking an early lead through a Jores Okore near post corner header. My hopes were quickly killed when Demba Ba and Juan Mata struck in quick succession. I honestly thought we were down and out before Gabby Agbonlahor gave us a small chance and then 5 minutes later Okore's second corner goal gave us a point!

VS Sunderland
View attachment 421936
Arghhhhh, I thought this was going to be a complete rout! When we went two goals up inside 20 minutes only to completely switch off and almost gift them 3 points only for Guzan to save a poor penalty.

VS Arsenal
View attachment 421934
Poor performance partly because of Matt Lowton's 26th minute sending off and giving away of the penalty. In hindsight if he had not been sent off then maybe we could have won but no, it wasn't to be. Our two goals were really our only chances and apart from them we didn't really threaten.

League Table
View attachment 421931
Humph! 5 points clear of 8th but we are now 4 points away from Champions League places and not even sitting in the Europa League spaces. Hopefully we can start winning again and we can regain our European spot.

Next months fixtures
View attachment 421930
I feel we really can pick up points against Everton, Southampton, Cardiff and Hull. We may or may not have picked up points against Manchester United, you'll just have to wait to find out. ;)

Unlucky last month. .you should defo beat hull and cardiff...get draws against Everton and Southampton but unfortunately may lose to United. .but hope I am wrong and u win them all

Unlucky last month. .you should defo beat hull and cardiff...get draws against Everton and Southampton but unfortunately may lose to United. .but hope I am wrong and u win them all
Cheers mate you're the first person to reply to this story so big thanks for that. I'm just about to start the Southampton game and i recently had my youth intake. Really pleased with the season so far though

Youth Intake
View attachment 421901
Absolute jack all in this years youth intake. Hopefully next years will be better!

Ollie James
View attachment 421900This years best youth prospect.

George Barrett
View attachment 421899
Don't hold much hope for this guy at all despite supposedly being the 2nd best prospect, simply because of his AWFUL determination. He i can tell you will never get anywhere. Though to be fair he has some decent stats

Last edited:
March
View attachment 421549Adecent month that i think to be honest could have gone better after a late winner for Man Utd coming from Nemanja Vidic header. Then it was our turn to grab a late winner as we overcame a 2-0 deficit to draw the game. The Southampton game we should have won considering their league position.

VS Manchester United
View attachment 421542
We really shouldn't have even had a draw from this case, as has been the case for many games this season to be honest. We only had 6 shots compared to their 39 but all our 6 were on target yet only 12 of theirs were. In the end we just couldn't hold on though.

VS Everton
View attachment 421529
A close game and a draw was to be honest the fair result with mistake from both teams gifting the other goals.

VS Southampton
View attachment 421520Went into this game hoping this was the one that could end our winless streak of 6 games (in all competitions) but it didn't get off to a good start when Luke Shaw is brought down by Kieron Westwood. Gabby Agbonlahor and Christian Benteke bough us a half time lead, but it was one we could not hold as Rodriguez scored another late equaliser.

VS Cardiff
View attachment 421513
This looked set be a 4th straight draw until Matt Lowton finally managed to take the lead with a finish into the bottom left corner. Agbonlahor then managed to make it two and thank god he did otherwise i would be sitting here talking about ANOTHER draw.

VS Hull City
View attachment 421504
Jores Okore secured a vital win to keep pressure on 4th place, and regained our Europa League spots.

League Table
View attachment 421503
Sitting in 6th place only two points away from 4th but also only two points above 7th. Going to be a tight last 6 games!

Last 6 games
View attachment 421502
Next update will just will be the last 6 games of the season as there are only 2 games in May. Talk about a tough end to the season!

Last edited:
End of season
View attachment 421400I've got one screenshot that is needed to describe the end of season:
View attachment 421398

VS Stoke
View attachment 421395
Job done! We moved on to the more important games after a solid win to Stoke.

VS Newcastle
View attachment 421379View attachment 421375
TROLOLOLOLOLOL. Christian bringing out his Bentekers.
VS Fulham
View attachment 421374
Smashed Fulham in a game we dominated! Hutton, Agbonlahor and Benteke all getting a goal each.

VS Tottenham
View attachment 421373Ah. We got dominated from the first whistle till the last. Poor performance, it looked like we were going to get a draw but Tottenham justly claimed the 3 points coming from arguably our best defender this year, Jores Okore.

VS Manchester City
View attachment 421372
I would like to thank Manchester City for not turning up at all this game to allow us to secure an unbelievable Champions League place. Like they didn't even dominate at all. They played absolutely *****. Astonishing but we'll take it.

VS Liverpool
View attachment 421371
I think my players wre still celebrating 4th place as well as the fact that i started a couple of plaers that hadn't got game time during the season. A pretty irrelevant game for both teams as Liverpool had an awful season finishing TENTH in the end.

End of season table
View attachment 421370
Wowchers. Sunderland only managed TWO wins all season, we got 4th place and Liverpool came 10th... a pretty boring Premier League season then ;)

Stats - League
View attachment 421369
Benteke proving how much of beast he is. 7/10 of his shots hit the target, I mean that is crazy! Agbonlaho and Benteke leading the goalscoring charts and they scored 42 of my 63 goals. Benteke also storming away with the amount of Key Passes 13 morethan Olivier Giroud. Though Agbonlahor with more assists. Suggesting that Benteke is proabably more clinical, but we all knew that anyway.

Squad Perforances
View attachment 421367Squad performances were overall very good. 6 players getting average of 7 and up. None of our back-up strikers performed which is worrying considering Agbonlahor or Benteke could have been injured at anytime. Matt Lowton and Jores Okore would be my two stand out performers, being rock solid at the back providing the base for our famous victories over City, United etc.

Awards

Player of the year - Juan Mata
Golden Glove - David De Gea
Goal of the season - Jonathan De Guzman
Manager of the year -
Jose Mourinho
Players' Player of the year - Eden Hazar
Team of the year - View attachment 421366Players' Young player of the year - Oscar
Top Goalscorer -
Christian Benteke (on amount of games played)

Transfer targets

Basically wanted to strengthen all over the pitch. My main goals ( if i am handed a good budget) will be: another striker, a right back (most likely for cover), a DM.
Going out will be Chris Herd (despite being a valuable player in the end), Nathan Delfouneso, Gary Gardner, Enda Stevens and Jordan Graham who will all be leaving when their contracts expire. I will also be looking to offload Libor Kozak, Andi Weimann and Nathan Baker/ Ciaren Clark if possible.

Next update will be end of pre-season!

I skipped most of your updates (sorry!) just to tell you that determination improves GREATLY with tutoring. You can easily get it to rise by 5-6 points in 6 months if you give him a tutor with a high det. I think "mentoring him off the pitch" works better than the other option but both go a long way when trying save a player who looks great but whose determination sucks.

I skipped most of your updates (sorry!) just to tell you that determination improves GREATLY with tutoring. You can easily get it to rise by 5-6 points in 6 months if you give him a tutor with a high det. I think "mentoring him off the pitch" works better than the other option but both go a long way when trying save a player who looks great but whose determination sucks.
I take that into consideration but as he isn't old enough yet I will wait until he is!

Pre-Season
View attachment 421001
Didn't pay the pre-season games much attention just leaving them on commentary only as i was busy focusing on other things ;).

Bad News
View attachment 421000
Benteke will be injured for the for around the first 5/6 games of the season. Though not to worry i have signed a more than abl replacement who goes by the name of . . .

Nicklas Bendtner
View attachment 420997He may be awful irl but in game he's at least a little bit better and will be great cover for Benteke especially now with Champions League to consider as well. I mean c'mon, his stats aren't too shabby.

Other Transfers
View attachment 420993View attachment 420992

My two new midfielders, coming in from Norwich and Villareal respectively they will boost my midfielder after Chris Herd leaving after his contract expired. De Guzman however will miss the start of our season (against Everton) after bruising his head in pre-season.

August Fixtures
View attachment 420986
The Best Placed Playoff draw has been favourable to us considering among the other teams we could have faced are: Bayern, Juventus and Marseilles. We start off away to Everton in what should be an interesting game then play newly promoted QPR, a game we should win.

Will come back to you at the end of the month​