Is it just me who doesn't have the SS's coming up, only the links to them??!! Weird!

Is it just me who doesn't have the SS's coming up, only the links to them??!! Weird!

Nope, it's not just you. I can see the links as well!

I just wanna say this is one of my favourite stories I've read on here so far, keep it going mate!!

I'm shocked that on your game that BARNSLEY got promoted and survived and Everton won the league...wtf???

Nope, it's not just you. I can see the links as well!

I just wanna say this is one of my favourite stories I've read on here so far, keep it going mate!!

I'm shocked that on your game that BARNSLEY got promoted and survived and Everton won the league...wtf???

ikr! It's been a weird but interesting save! Thanks for that means a lot!! :)

October- 2015
View attachment 419485
Im really not sure what to think about this tactic as somedays we will absolutely dominated the game (home or away) and smash the team we are facing then others we just won't be able to keep hold of the ball for ****. I don't change a thing! For example, at home to Notts Forest you would expect to control the game and make the opposition work! We did none of that! Infact this month we only had more than 50% possession in 1 of the games! Poor month to be honest.

VS Swansea
View attachment 419475
Just about beat Swansea after they had 23 shots to our 6. As well as having 56% of the ball. Not an encouraging sign for a "possession" tactic. I really think November will be a make or break month for this new tactic and whether i decide to stick with it.

VS Nottingham Forest
View attachment 419472
Eughh. I fully expected us to get 60/70 percent possesion in this game and beat them in a similar way we beat Palace and Norwich! But no. We couldn't keep the ball for some reason, despite being at home to a NEWLY promoted team. Poor. Worrying

VS Manchester City
View attachment 419471
A shining ray of hope in what was overall a poor month. Smashing City at home 3-1 although if you look at our record should we really be underdogs anymore? Our record:
View attachment 419470

VS Tottenham (CAP 1 Cup)
View attachment 419469
Closer than it looked but Tomas Kalas and Brad Guzan both having atrocious games. Even if it doesn't show on Guzan's ratings. He first dropped the easiest of freekicks to allow Tomas Carroll a tap in the he was beaten at his near post (x2). Then Tomas Kalas was constantly misplacing passes all night! And he capped it off with a dreadful backpass in which Soldado pounced and got their fifth.

VS Tottenham
View attachment 419468
I though that maybe having Eder Alvarez Balanta and making a couple of tweaks to the intructions as well as doing the opposition intructions myself would work in my favour and we could possible overturn our 5-2 defeat here just 5 days or so ago. It got off to an incredible start with Willie carving through the Spurs defence with a great run and even better finish. But from there it was downhill and this game was actually a better win for Spurs than Wednesdays. We offered nothing after that.

League Table
View attachment 419467Sitting in a ok 6th place around 1/4 of the way through the season. Europa League football is once again the target and i really do feel we can make it this season.

Next months fixtures
View attachment 4194663 games in which i expect to be winning if i am honest. I no longer fear Liverpool after their 2 consecutive 10th place finishes. The hardest test of the month will be against Newcastle. As i said before this is a make or break month for this new tactic!​

November- 2015
View attachment 418726
A mixed bag of results this month. Bad loss to Fulham followed by a good win to Liverpool followed by a bore draw at St.James'. Bendtner finding form this month and De Guzman continuing his impressive season with a goal.

VSFulham
View attachment 418725
Bad result away to Fulham in all honesty. We didn't desere anything but although it looked like we were set to get a point Ashley Westwood goes a lunges in studs up recieving a red card and the ensuing freekick they score form.

VS Liverpool
View attachment 418724
Job done against a really poor Liverpool side. I'm amazed that Luis Suarez has stayed with them. Bendtner and De Guzman first half goals settled the result despite some late pressure.

VS Newcastle
View attachment 418718
Just a really boring draw and not much more. Meh.

League Table
View attachment 418716Sitting as expected in the Europa League spots which are once again my aim. I will be really dissapointed if i miss out on them again this season especially after going so close last season!

Next months fixtures
View attachment 418713
Absolutely LOADS of fiture next month! Some easy games mixed in the some very tough games! Could be an interesting month!

Last edited:
This thread is back up a new update will be coming within the next 2 hours!!!!

December - 2015
View attachment 582362
So I would say December was a great month with only one loss. And even that scoreline doesn't tell the whole tale. While a disappointing draw against Barnsley overall we picked up form, especially in them last two home games! Benteke has been finding the net so often it's looking like he is returning to the form he produced in our first season. Great way to revive this save.

VS Hull City
View attachment 582364
Awkward win against Hull in this game. Scrappy game overall and one that certainly won't be going in anyone's end of season highlights. We survived despite the late scare from Nathan Baker.

VS Barnsley
View attachment 383172
Woeful, atrocious, describe as you will at the end of the day Barnsley should have taken all 3 points here. It was only for their poor quality finishing that they didn't. We simply didn't show up. Only one shot on the night as opposed to their 8 (only 1 of which was on target thankfully). Fuming after this one.

VS Stoke
View attachment 383161
Solid performance on the back of a horrible display against Barnsley. Benteke scoring after 8 weeks of shooting blanks (bit of sexual innuendo there ;). Jack Butland also helping us on our way. Great way to bounce back.

VS Arsenal
View attachment 383180
The scoreline really is unfair with a late, flukey Alex O-C goal putting some gloss on the result. It was a real contest throughout the whole game and i thought we could push on and win it after scoring at the perfect stage, late on in the first half. Sadly not, but at last Derby are next, in what should be a routine win.

VS Derby County
View attachment 383150
One of them "job done, move on" games. Got the points now i have to focus on more important matters ... like Manchester United and Chelsea in the next two games. Crikey Bendtner even scored.

VS Manchester United
View attachment 383138
Good performance you could say i guess. Scoring early one i never really expected us to hold on but at least we kept them to only equally our 1 goal. Nice confidence builder going into the Chelsea game.

VS Chelsea
View attachment 383137
Hard to say anything other than Chelsea were the masters of their own downfall. Giving away two goals through 3 stupid defensive errors. The first two came in one go when Ashley Cole gave a woefully bad pass to John Terry and Benteke pounced immediately only to be bought down by Terry in the penalty box. Benteke converts. Now it looks like it's heading for another draw, which i would be very happy with but no. Antonio Luna makes a darting run into the box only to be bought down clumsily and unnecessarily by David Luiz. Once again Benteke converts. I am delighted.

Transfers
View attachment 383131Steven Davis i believe will provide a little bit of experience and cover for our midfielders after rejoing us after a 10 year absence from Villa Park. Although i did accidentally give him a 3 year contract at least he isn't costing us much (only ?1 million per year).
View attachment 383129
This little but strong Mozambiquan will slot in perfectly and is already our best DM and comes in on only ?1.4million per year. These 2 free transfers will most likely be the only ones to come in during this January due to a lack of funds.

Next Months Fixures
View attachment 383094
An easier, and shorter month of February hopefully this is the month i can reel in the points and really kick-on. I mean 4 home games against weaker opposition, if i don't return 4 wins i will be very disappointed!!

Thankyou for reading! :)

Last edited:
January - 2016
View attachment 382988
I must have cursed it when i said we should win all our games. It has been anything but. Starting with West Ham snatching 3 points despite us dominating to Swansea absolutely destroying us. And in the middle of it all giving away 2 points against Southampton to a 84th minute goal. Positives, well the Palace win and my youngsters absolutely dominating Accrington.

VS Accrington

View attachment 382981
Benchwarmers and young talent made light work of Accrington. Nothing more to say than Justin Mitchell and Martyn Griffiths are developing very well.

VS West Ham
View attachment 382977
Humph!! Well what a **** game, just 2 shots hitting the target between oth sides, West Ham's one just happened to a way into the goal. **** what a ****** performance.

VS Southampton
View attachment 382975
AHHHHHHH! So close to making up for the lose against West Ham against the (at the time) league leaders. Only a jammy DANNY WELBECK goal salvaging them a point. Yup Southampton's new January signing was the same striker that scored 21 goals in 30 league appearances for us last season. ****.

VS Crystal Palace
View attachment 382974
Ahhh another late goal steals the win from us! Just after i thought we had surely sealed the points after coming back from 1-0 then 2-1 down. But no a flipping sweaty goal comes in the 80th minute. F you FM.

VS Crystal Palace
View attachment 382971
At least we managed to win this one. Benteke scoring. I might just have rage quit if we had lost this. THANKFULLY we didn't.

VS Swansea
View attachment 382970God, wow! we had 20 shots 14 on target nd then they have 11 shots with 6 on target. PISSS OFFF! So frustrating and it is looking like unless we pick up frm we won't make Europe again.

Next Months Fixtures
View attachment 382964
Well once again i am hopeful of picking up some points during this month, though i said that last month, this save is proving to be very unpredictable but also very fun!​

Last edited:
February - 2016
View attachment 583159
Overall i would say this was a good month, certainly better than last ones. Tottenham grabbing a fortuitous 3 poitns with an early goal (their only shot on target) going in. Advanced in the FA Cup, which is always good, against a tricky Palace side. Ending the month with a great win over Fulham.

VS Crystal Palace
View attachment 583164
We progress to the 5th round of the FA Cup after that breathtaking game at Selhurst Park. This is the 3rd time playing Palace in about 11 days! Balanta and Johnson get the job done.

VS Norwich
View attachment 583169
The side showed real character coming back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 Christian showing up with his Bentekers (if you pardon the pun) in the 87th minute thankfully.

VS Nottingham Forest
View attachment 583173It's as if Balanta's red card was a blessing in disguise. As soon as i went ultra defensive to safe guard a 1-0 lead with just under 40 minutes left to play we let Forest have possesion until we struck devastatingly on the counter to score a 2nd and it should have been 3 had Benteke not missed again. Another show of great character.

VS Rotherham
View attachment 583176
Youngsters did the job against league one side. I rested Benteke as well as a couple of other familiar faces for this one. Though still got a good performance and solid 3-0 win.

VS Spurs
View attachment 583177
Simply put we should have won this one. They had 1 shot on target from some jammy low near post corner ad ERIK Lamela scores a tap in. Fuckkkk. We had so many hances. The fact that all the highlights (in extended mode) were coming our way meant i thought we were certain to score but that elusive goal never came. So frustrating to watch.

VS Fulham
View attachment 382785Great win over Fulham. Dominated from the off this time and didn't let in any silly early goals. Once again they only had one shot on target. If it weren't for a Steve Davis own goal we would have had a clean sheet as well. I guess you can't have everything then.

Next Months Fixtures
View attachment 382782After 2 months of plain sailing the fixture list as really bitten back, and hard. I intend to rest the squad against Arsenal as i don't really think we can win it (ALL the big teams are still in it) so i am going to focus on the important City and Liverpool games. If we can get draws against them two then i will be more than happy. I expect to win against Newcastle at home as well.

Also next month we have our 3rd(?) youth intake. Hopefully it will be a good one and here is some updates on our current good regens coming through:

Connor Lofters-Desport
View attachment 382777
Ciaran Clark has been mentoring him for quite a while, this was simply to get his determination up, but i don't think it is working. While he still does have the potential to become a "star Premier league left back" whether he will be determined enough or not i don't know.

Martyn Griffiths
View attachment 382759

Our young striker, not as promising as the other 2 but still with a lot of potential. Scored a double against Accrington in the FA Cup this season. Although he hasnt performed in his other two appearances.

Justin Mitchell
View attachment 382748

This guy is by far our most promising youngster. My scouts/coaches predict him to go on to be a world class right back. He has played well in the games i have chucked him into and has a very desirable stat of 19 Determination. Really looking forward to seeing this guy develop.

For some reason my regen pictures arent working. I have no idea why not but yeah. Those 3 i just showed you are all regens.​

Youth Intake - 2016
View attachment 382738Huge disappointment if I am honest. I was expecting a better bunch than this especially after last years intake. But i will have to make do with what i have got.
The more promising ones:

Jonathan Masters
View attachment 382737
Decent lad i guess, i can see him being developed well and then possibly making the first team (or just being sold for a couple million)

Greg Ryder
View attachment 382734
Meh nothing special. Just in general a poor crop of youngsters.

Last edited:
March - 2016
View attachment 382702
Sadly this month went rather as expected with no real surprises. My youngsters got smashed by Arsenal and we had to narrow losses to big sides, both of them goals coming from ****** set pieces. At least we had a good start and end of the month.

Table
View attachment 382701

Things are hotting up in quest for European football. That Newcastle win gave us a great boost after the slight slump. Let's hope we can keep up the pressure and sneak in at 6th or potentially 5th then build from there for next season.

VS Everton
View attachment 382700
Great win albeit a little it lucky with 3 Evertonian mistakes gave us our 3 goals. 2 fouls and a dreadful backpass. But you don't see me complaining.

VS Arsenal
View attachment 382697
Well by backups got royally destroyed by Arsenal. Like it was woeful. i know they are young and most of them haven't had many appearances this season but you would expect them to at least put up a fight. Only 3 shots and 34% possession shows that they didn't. I guess there is a reason that they are only backups.

VS Manchester City
View attachment 382696
Well it was close and a 4th minute corner goal from Matija Nastasic was in the end the decider. Can't fault them though they put their all in, in attack and defence. Just need to be a little bit more clinical in the attacking department.

VS Liverpool
View attachment 382672
Another close game that we just lost out on due to a set piece. This time Steven Gerrard's boot sent the ball flying past our "wall" and into the net past Jed Steer (still playing due to Guzan's injury). In all honesty Liverpool did deserve the 3 points despite us mounting considerable pressure in the last quarter. With Agbonlahor having a goal disallowed.

VS Newcastle
View attachment 382661
Great bounce back ability from the boys as they recovered from the streak of hard game to win reasonably comfortably against Newcastle. Benteke bagging his 21 goal of the season, equalling his tally for the 13/14 season.

Next Months Fixtures
View attachment 382660

So tricky away days in April especially against Stoke who can beat anyone on their day and finishing the month with a difficult game to Arsenal, at least it is at home. This month is make or break really, i want European football so bad this season!

April - 2016
View attachment 382354
View attachment 382353

Due to some fortunate fixture scheduling our game with Arsenal got shifted back two days so it could be shown on TV so it meant that we played them 2nd May instead of the 30th of April this meant that i was dead set for the accolade without having to play that tough fixture. Even though we still collected 12 points out of a possible 12 points which is great, and at the best time of the season! Leandro Bacuna having a strange run of scoring.

Table
View attachment 382349
So long as i have worked it out correctly, which i am pretty sure i have, we should be garunteed a Europa League spot no matte what despite Tottenham finishing in 8th since the final of the FA Cup is between Manchester City and Arsenal, both of which are already in the Champions League and Europa League spots respectively. Seeing as we have a game in hand over Newcastle i think it is in our hands! Great stuff all in all. After all my objective for this season was to make it into the Europa League.

VS Hull City
View attachment 382344
Comfortable, in the end, win over Hull. Despite pounding away at their goal we could only ever find one goal, which left us on the edge at all time, though we never lost focused and secured the 3 points. All good!

VS Barnsley
View attachment 382328Booooooyaaa! I have been waiting for one of these in the league all season! We absolutely durbbed them! Bacuna scoring an excellent hatrick with Nicklas Bendtner even nipping in with a penalty at the end! All round brilliant performance. Couldn't be more pleased.

VS Stoke
View attachment 382324
First banana skin avoided (y). Even if we did leave it late, the result is all that matters.

VS Derby County
View attachment 382321
Second banana skin avoided (y). Once again left it late but Agbonlahor contributing his FIRST and SECOND goals of the season. Yes that's right, in late April Gabby Agbonlahor has scored his first two goals of the season.

Next months fixtures
View attachment 382317
The two penultimate games of the season could not get much harder could they? Next update will be end of season round up from all the leagues and cups. I intend it to be a big one due to lack of coverage of the world in my updates.

May - 2016
View attachment 381695
So... the last day of the season i was really hoping that we could secure European football against Arsenal, and we nearly did until Mesut Ozil struck a free kick into the top corner of our net. I was "rather" unhappy to say the least! So that left us lingering in 5th going into the final day of the season and the table look like this...
View attachment 381693

Yep it's a tight one a very tight one. At this point i could come between 4th and 8th. As long as i don't come 8th i am happy! So here it is .... the final day of the season!!
KICK OFF!
Benteke (4) Aston Villa VS Manchester Utd

Cisse (11) Newcastle VS Southampton

Verratti (13) Arsenal
VS Derby

Douglas Costa (17) Arsenal
VS Derby

Kagawa (18) Manchester Utd
VS Aston Villa

Mandzukic (21) Arsenal VS Derby

Benteke (23) Aston Villa
VS Manchester Utd

Ola John (24) Newcastle VS Southampton

Lennon (26) Tottenham VS Nottingham Forest

Welbeck (28) Southampton
VS Newcastle

Danny Graham (34) Nottingham Forest
VS Tottenham

Tom Carroll (41) Tottenham VS Nottingham Forest

Van Persie (48) Manchester Utd
VS Aston Villa

Luke Shaw (58) Southampton VS Newcastle

Juan Mata (65) Chelsea VS Stoke

Charles Aranguiz (68) Newcastle VS Southampton

Vertonghan (69 ;) Tottenham VS Nottingham Forest

Van Persie (74) Manchester Utd VS Aston Villa

Cisse (75) Newcastle VS Southampton

Giroud (81) Arsenal VS Derby

Rooney (82) Manchester Utd VS Aston Villa

Ozil (83) Arsenal VS Derby

Oscar (87) Chelsea VS Stoke

Guzan OG (87) Manchester Utd VS Aston Villa

So there it is. All the goals (in the games important to us or Manchester Utd) on the last day of the season. Let's have a look at the results if you cannot be bothered to work it out from the above.

Results
View attachment 381666

Yup, they were the results on the final day of the season. And they couldn't have gone worse for me. The fact that we lost, badly i might add, and Arsenal, Newcastle and Spurs ALL won means that the table stands like this:

Table
View attachment 381665
Basically we drop 3 places and don't get Europe, Newcastle will they just have to wait because the game for some reason won't confirm that the FA Cup final has two teams already qualified for European competitions until it has actually taken place. The worst possible ending to the season. The thing is as well that we took the lead not once BUT TWICE! We should have held on, we really should have. Plus Southampton were meant to beat Newcastle anyway but instead they got smashed and Tottenham predictably beat Forest and Arsenal unsurprisingly smashed Derby.
Now i know some people might kind of get a little bit frustrated at the lack of progress but i kind of like it to be honest. I mean our squad is only really capable of achieving 5-8 at the moment and that's were we have been finishing. I personally am really enjoying this save, also the fact that i won't be winning the Premier League 10 times in a row anytime soon means i won't get bored of this save.
AND
As long as the views on this thread keep going up and up then i will keep up the updates :).
Next update will be a round up of all the leagues etc etc. Just basically everything i haven't shown you so far.

Last edited:
Around the Leagues

Sky Bet Championship
View attachment 381615
View attachment 381614

FA Cup
View attachment 381613
Capital One Cup
View attachment 381611
Community Shield
View attachment 381610

Ligue 1
View attachment 381609
View attachment 381606

Ligue 2
View attachment 381605

French Cup
View attachment 381604

Coupe de la Ligue
View attachment 381603

Champions Cup (Community Shield)
View attachment 381602

Bundesliga
View attachment 381601
View attachment 381600

Bundesliga .2
View attachment 381599

German Cup
View attachment 381552

German Super Cup

View attachment 381555

Serie A
View attachment 381546
View attachment 381543

Serie B
View attachment 381538

Italian Cup
View attachment 381534

Italian Super Cup
View attachment 381517

Scottish Premiership (no surprises)
View attachment 381514
View attachment 381511

Scottish Cup
View attachment 381506

League Cup
View attachment 381504

Challenge Cup
View attachment 381500

Liga BBVA
View attachment 381498
View attachment 381490

Copa Del Ray
View attachment 381489

Supercopa
View attachment 381487

Champions League
View attachment 381484

Europa League
View attachment 381483

World Cup
View attachment 381480

Best Player in Europe
View attachment 381469

European Golden Boy
View attachment 381468

World Player of the year
View attachment 381466

World Golden Ball
View attachment 381465

Barclays Premier League Awards
View attachment 381462
Golden Glvoe
View attachment 381459
Footballer of the year
View attachment 381454
Manager of the year
View attachment 381452
Players player of the year
View attachment 381451
Players team of the year
View attachment 381450
Top goalscore (3rd season in a row won by me/my players (H) )

Transfers
View attachment 381443
None so far, but this is the original budget set by the board, i definitely think i can work with that! *licks lips*

Hopefully this update gave you a good spread of the rest of my FM world.
Want to see any screenies of any specific players of things then just ask and i will post them! Next update will be after pre-season

Christian BenTEKKERS goes close
View attachment 381429

Carlos ****** Tevez just pips our main man! The awards are stacking up for him, shame the trophy cabinet isn't yet though!

Last edited:
Aston Villa - Pre season update
View attachment 381398
It was inevitable yet it doesn't make it any better, he only had one year left on his contract and he was already making noises about moving to a bigger club, he didn't even want to negotiate a new deal so i just offered him out and Real Madrid came in with a good ?16.75 million pound offer. Accepted and then out he went, the one thing that did make me think is how come he hasn't taken a major wage hike. He is still earning bascially what he was earning here. Odd. Now it is just a question on how i redistribute the money through the squad, I have already signed two players and now with Benteke gone i will need a new strong target man striker. Luckily i have scout at least 1000 players in 3 positions (RB,CM,STR) so i am well covered in terms of knowing who i can get.

Also...
View attachment 381397Noice one board (y)

Good read this mate, looking forward to further updates :)

Cheers man. I'm really enjoying this and have made quite a few good signings this summer. Hopefully I will be able to update this tonight if not, then, tomorrow

Pre season - 2016/2017
View attachment 381039
Meh, not to bothered. You may look at that 8-0 loss to HSV and think wtf. Well basically i had a threadbare squad after the Euro's so i decided to basically pitch youngsters... and let me assistant take charge of it because i simply could not be arsed. That was the result. Ouch.

Transfers

IN
View attachment 381038
Absolutely over the moon with the signings i made over this summer, i really think i invested well. Here are the player profiles.

Steven Simpson
View attachment 381037
Took a punt on him on the regen youth intake and paid 1/2 million compensation. Not my best signing ever but i am sure we will be able to make a profit on him later.

Richard Williams
View attachment 381036

Promising youngster from Hibernian. New Scottish Gareth Bale?... Hopefully.

Telmo Maciel
View attachment 381035

Most expensive and the signing i am most excited about. I am certain that this boy will become world class. He has had two great season in Porto, albeit with their B team. Also got an awesome moustache. His value has already gone up to 11.25 million. My predicted signing of the summer.

Francisley Zubar
View attachment 381032

Another one from the DOF

Elvis Dzafic
View attachment 381031

New back up keeper after Jed Steer demanded 2 million per year to be back up keeper. No way, this guys only on 650,000 a year.

Harry Kane
View attachment 381030

Planned long term replacement fro Benteke, very similar type of player to Benteke as well as a cheap price. Very happy with this signing.

Wim de Graaf
View attachment 381029

Another one from the DOF, will be good cover.

Papiss Cisse
View attachment 381028

He may be old (31) but i am still happy with this deal. Cisse is very similar type of player to Benteke with a porven track goalscoring record. 56 goals in 130 games for Newcastle is not a bad record to have.

Out
View attachment 381027
Benteke the only major outgoing, a lot of deadwood was released. Nothing to spectacular other than that large Benteke transfer.

New tactic
View attachment 381026
New tactic i will be using this season, i was using a 4-5-1 last season with mixed results. As you can see this tactic is more possession based with the striker meant to be feeding through to the inside forwards and the FB's bombing up offering width. With the strikers i signed this year i feel this tactic will work very well.

Next months Fixtures
View attachment 381025
We open the season in the DW Stadium, with a nice easy draw in the CAP 1 Cup our only tough game this month should be Arsenal. Where we got smashed 6-0 last season.

Note: Spain won the 2016 European Championship with England only managing to get to the 2nd round.​

Last edited: