The 'What Team Should I Go?' Thread

Gregor

like a (super) mod
Reaction score
Ask away.

Please state what sort of a challenge you want, in what country, what sort of finances you want etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
A team with an average squad with one or two quality players.
Not in the Premier league.
A team which can attract young talent such as Luca Tremolada, Davide Santon etc.
Finances- A decent transfer budget but nothing ridiculous like man city.

Thanks,
Jay-_-91

lol Jay, you stated the perfect football manager club xD Be interesting who Gregor comes up with.

A team with an average squad with one or two quality players.
Not in the Premier league.
A team which can attract young talent such as Luca Tremolada, Davide Santon etc.
Finances- A decent transfer budget but nothing ridiculous like man city.

Thanks,
Jay-_-91

Celtic :p ?

lol Jay, you stated the perfect football manager club xD Be interesting who Gregor comes up with.

And anyone can feel free to suggest teams

Thanks for the suggestions I am liking Celtic or Wolves

Thanks for the suggestions I am liking Celtic or Wolves

With Celtic youd be expected to win the league or run it closley which isnt hard. Celtic have decent money/rep as well so you can buy good youngsters and play them in the SPL to get them ready for the CL which would be youre main goal

Celtics isnt tht good because once u hav once the league it gets a bit boring cus u r never going to win the champions league. You should be Qpr becuase u can try and get them promoted and then finish as high in the prem as possibe.

QPR, you get 12 mil to spend and there are some great players at the club. Ive only bought Helguson and Gladkyi for strikers with Balanta as my super sub.

Balanta is an ace sub. Came on scored for me on countless occasions:D

Celtics isnt tht good because once u hav once the league it gets a bit boring cus u r never going to win the champions league. You should be Qpr becuase u can try and get them promoted and then finish as high in the prem as possibe.

Nah the CL is winable on FM.

Just buy up all the good young players at the start, just focus on youth with maybe a couple of veterans and build a team over 5-6 years.

alri bud! i need a team dat wins nd can attract goalscorers!
already ive went barca nd man u but it just aint workin out
help plz?

Hi guys.

Right here is the challenge i want. I want to manange a team that in their day were the top dogs but now they are rubbish ( mid table or relegated from top division) i want to return the team to their former glory.

not bothered by the country but would like reasonable finance (i.e. not going into administration :p):p

Last edited:
Hi guys.

Right here is the challenge i want. I want to manange a team that in their day were the top dogs but now they are rubbish ( mid table or relegated from top division) i want to return the team to their former glory.

not bothered by the country but would like reasonable finance (i.e. not going into administration :p):p

Not exactly top dogs, but Newcastle could fit that bill maybe. Even though the media insists on saying us fans believe we're still a "top team", NO MEDIA, WE DON'T THINK THAT. Sorry. Rant over.

Or Notts Forest?

hmm, notts forest sounds good, they won the cl twice lol. i will get nott. forest back into the prem and make them dominate europe again! :D

i started a game with leeds, good starting squad and easily won league1 in the 1st season,

not much money to spend got a couple of free transfers and 1 or 2 signings which hepled me to finish 2nd in championship in 2nd season,

1st season in the prem and got 31mill to spend and needed major strengthning to be able to compete at this level, again got bout 5 really good players and ready for my assault on the prem now, 1st game away to man utd then home to liverpool, so not an easy start

however i feel i have a good young squad which i reckon will finish midtable hopefully top half, media prediction 17th, tho last year in the championship it was 12th and i finished 2nd,

all in all i think leeds are a great team to start with, they have a few good young players in delph, howson and beckford who will all cut it in the prem as they all improve a lot, plus Leeds have a good stadium and fanbase, so im hoping after a season or 2 in the prem i should be able to challenge for champs lge spots and push on from there.