The worst signings in premiership history

Juan Seb Veron was a good player, he just wasn't suited to the premier league game. I personality don't really think he was a flop, he just didn't do as well as he could have done.

how about that Alfonso Alves the amazing brazillian striker from Boro?

Wouldn't class Jovanovic as one of the worst, I think Liverpool just need to give him game time.

Maybe I am being a little harsh, he has only been here 6 months, but not quite the expected impact.

Worst signings for money spent:
Kleberson
Djemba Djemba
Shevchenko

Worst player that was brought:
Andriy Voronin

Stan Collymore was probably the worst ever.
Liverpool paid 7.5 Million and tried to turn him into a target man to play alongside Robbie Fowler which didnt suit his style at all. The sad thing was they could of gotten Teddy Sheringham from Tottenham for 3.5m and he would of been exactly what they needed. sufficing to say Fowler and Collymore hated each other. Roy Evans got the sack.
Collymore was a depressive brought on by the fact he was juggling 4-5 full time girlfriends. Ulrike johnsson and Davina Mcall among them.
This incident spanned the joke
How does Stan collymore change a light bulb?
He holds the bulb in the air and the world revolves around him!

Massimo Taibi
4 matches played
11 conceded
Cost £4.5m
£1,125,000 per game (not including wages, fee's etc)

Jesper Blomqvist
25 matches played
Goals 1
Cost £4.4m
£176,000 per game(not including wages)

The guy should consider himself blessed that he got a Premier league and an FA cup medal.

Bosko Balaban. Didn't start a league game at Villa Park for over two and a half years.

in a sense hargreaves too, more desperately unlucky, has so much potential but injury has ruined such a promising career
For the fee paid, yes... it has been a shame, but not a terrible signing. He played well up until his first major injury and won the Champions League with us.

And I can't offer anything new suggestions-wise. Veron put in some good showings for us, but obviously never settled in the Prem. Shev was an unequivocal flop and gets my pick, though.

Shevchenko for the money they paid and his performances.

heskey to liverpool for 11 milion quid? best sale we ever made :D

as far as flops generally, shevchenko, phillipe albert, massimo taibi, sean dundee, djemba djemba, akinbiyi, collymore, kleberson, poborsky, luque, theres loads more!

Mascherano was for West Ham as was Marco Boogers. Played one match I think he got sent off then ran away to Belgium were he was found in a caravan.

Aquilani too. 20Million and never got going.

tbh mascherano was never given a proper chance. boogers haha forgot bout him!

Shevchenko, easily IMO. (Hopefully Dzeko too xD)