**TheBetterHalfs Tactic Sets**Including the SPLIT 451** A total of 67 Tactics !!

Knew it! I'm so done with this game! I'm going back to my FM13 Newcastle save in 2030 where I'm the king of the world! :)

View attachment 458829

View attachment 458840 View attachment 458841 View attachment 458843

Ok, got a ugly trashing from Swansea. But if I'm not even able to win Norwich at home what's the point of continuing. It's ridiculous that the AI team seems to be fluid on their tactic from day 1!

View attachment 458832 View attachment 458835 View attachment 458837
Mate, If you are going to have the slightest chance of getting results, you need to understand what the different approaches in FM does. In those matches, I would never have started out with the quick counter approach. Have a look at the decription of that version and see what it actually does.

When I recommended Quick Counter over Really attacking, it was as one of the 3 chosen versions, not be used differently than in the description. Swansea away, I would have gone for Wide & Stretch , Norwich Control.

Last edited:
TBH, three best tactics for Bayern - yes, them, the world conquers :D - within this sets in your opinion please...

Hi, I am using split 451. My AMC's are not performing well. I tend to rotate Mata and Oscar. I use Hazard as AML. Mata and Oscar both have the ppm "moves into channels" which should be good. They both also have "comes deep to get the ball". Any ideas how I can get more from them?

What is currently the best of your tactics for patch 14.2?

Which tactic, from this thread ofc, should I use on Schalke? Haven't made any change at all! I would like to play an attacking game and probably a control if I need to hold on that result.

Hi TBH.. Im thinking about starting a save with PSV. and been looking at some of your tactics...
I thought I should go for the Deep 4-2-3-1 with Control for Fav Home and wide and strecth if underdog..
Does that look ok? or would you have a diffrent setup maybe..?

And do you favor the Split 4-5-1 or the deep 4-2-3-1.. since the normal 4-2-3-1 doesent seem to work proporly

Also I have a training question. I like my players to have Great Pace. Can I train My team with Ex. Physical? and Attacking movement?

Hi TBH.. Im thinking about starting a save with PSV. and been looking at some of your tactics...
I thought I should go for the Deep 4-2-3-1 with Control for Fav Home and wide and strecth if underdog..
Does that look ok? or would you have a diffrent setup maybe..?

And do you favor the Split 4-5-1 or the deep 4-2-3-1.. since the normal 4-2-3-1 doesent seem to work proporly

Also I have a training question. I like my players to have Great Pace. Can I train My team with Ex. Physical? and Attacking movement?

I DO prefer the Split 451 or Deep 4331
the version picking seems spot on( load up quick counter as well as an in-match reaction tactic)
Training, yes.
Match prep: Tha option will give you an advantage regarding the off the ball stat on the cost of the rest ( like positioning ) and vice versa when using Defensive positioning.

So .. was time to show my results with this tactic.

View attachment 461940View attachment 461943

View attachment 461946View attachment 461949

View attachment 461951View attachment 461954

View attachment 461955View attachment 461956

View attachment 461957

Maybe I'll need more games with your tactics, but what I want is more realization of goals from my strikers.
However, I never touched training, main training.
What should be my settings?
View attachment 461959

You are spot on regarding that you need more matches to evaluate but the way I see it, the player in the FC position has scored in all games but one so that's pretty good actually :)

As for training, just look at the player and see if he has any stats that undermines his overall performance( like the number 10 in positioning of an otherwise good Defender ) and try to focus on those. If not , then try to focus on some where he can become deadly in using ( like raising marking from 18 to 20 or Off the ball from 16 to 19 etc)

Hi man, just got back into FM again after not playing it for 3ish years, was enjoying it until i hit a mid-season slump with Villa, I gather that quick counter would be good for us but not sure on formation, any of your tactics you'd especially recommend?

here's my squad for help: View attachment 431133 View attachment 431132

Last edited:
TBH,

When you see that your opposition have a player that is worrying your defensive structure what do you do? Do you use OI? If so, how? Or you simply change your approach?

Examples:
1- An AMC. Use OI? Man mark him? Cut the support, pressing the MC's?
2- Wingers. Cutting the support? Man marking? Etc

I've read so many opinions that I don't know which to hear or follow. WWFan says to use some, Cleon says he doesn't, etc. There are many guides out there (OI's) but I think it's possible to stop that threat without these. But how? I'm a fan of zonal marking but it's annoying those stupid players always out of marking. Haha.
I've been into a good run of results but somehow keep failing in not choose the best way to nullify these threats and keep giving up on my saves.

Also, do you use your assistant manager report about next opponent? How?

There are some good guides but I'd like to hear/read your take on this :)

Cheers and a happy new year :)

Really solid at the back on all of these. Good defensive work. They offer nothing going forward though, good for bottom teams trying to get some tough 0-0 draws.

Really solid at the back on all of these. Good defensive work. They offer nothing going forward though, good for bottom teams trying to get some tough 0-0 draws.

What version and formation are you refering to and against what kind of approach by the opponent ? Surely you can't mean that ALL versions are solid at the back and useless in attack against different opponents, that's just impossible.

I'm using the slow standard and wide stretching counter Split. I added in the quick counter and I'm trying out so PI's for my stc. I wasn't wanting to make it seem like i was criticizing, I love the d settings! I couldn't ever keep a clean sheet to save my life!

Do you know why my RB would be the top shot taker in the side? He doesn't take FK's at all.

Last edited:
do you need to make changes to player roles or leave as they are in your tactics? i notice that for some roles you have given them instructions but leave the rest as they are. Are the roles you have given standard for the tactic to work?

i tend to feel that the more instructions you give someone, the more the tactic doesnt work. i dont know whether its better to give player their own instructions or pick more team instructions for everyone to follow. id love to hear your feedback on this please

Hey TBH, Could you please tell me how to read ME? I cant decided how to pick version, i just want to find out how to read ME and how cope in different situation.
Another question, if the fullback sit well behind the ball but the MF pressing what do we do?
Many thanks

Last edited: