**TheBetterHalfs Tactic Sets**Including the SPLIT 451** A total of 67 Tactics !!

I think I can answer this by saying that any tactic which is created using a logical footballing approach will work with the right players no matter the ME. Such tactics do require a squad to be developed into them though, whereas an instant success tactic will look at the flaws in the ME and look to take advantage of them.

thanks bro!

Well said. I am enjoying this approach and paying attention to players preferred moves, etc. I think it makes for a more interactive experience.

Yes this approach is the most realistic! Not only do you have to focus on squad building but also making sure you use the correct tactical approach for each game situation. Its the most rewarding way in my opinion.

Hey TBH did you by any chance make a CR7 tactic?

Also if you're still open to suggestions....2014 marks the 10 year anniversary that Mourinho guided Porto to a CL win....how about a recreation of that tactic(s)?

View attachment 439086View attachment 439085

Help me out here TBH. I'm Feirense (mp 4th) at home vs Atletico CP (mp 15th)....I have loaded up the 4-5-1 Split (Control, W&SC and QC)...I decide to start the game using the "obvious", Control.

They score early and first (6 min) using a long-ball from their D over the top of my sleeping DC perfectly to their ST who puts it in. I later equalize via a set-piece. Seeing as this is a game i shouldn't be dropping points in at around the 70th min mark I load up the 4-5-1 Split Really Attacking to try and chase that goal. Game finishes 1-1 draw but the most dissapointing part of this is the final game stats.

23 shots only 4 on target for me. I only create 1 CCC vs their 3.

What am I missing here? How can I fix this? This is a game I should be easily winning.

Hey TBH,

after using your sets for a while now I think I reached a good understanding of when to use which version. But still Really Attacking is giving me headache. I would not use this approach away, so it's only usable at home. When we are favorite and face a team which stands compact and defends well, it is better to use Control, because you drag the opponent out und create space for the attackers. So in which scenario would you suggest to use Really Attacking? Against equal team at home?

Last edited:
Hey TBH,

after using your sets for a while now I think I reached a good understanding of when to use which version. But still Really Attacking is giving me headache. I would not use this approach away, so it's only usable at home. When we are favorite and face a team which stands compact and defends well, it is better to use Control, because you drag the opponent out und create space for the attackers. So in which scenario would you suggest to use Really Attacking? Against equal team at home?

I use really attacking when chasing a game in the last 20 - 30 mins. Never used it as a starting approach in any game.

Hey TBH,

I would say that "R.A" is a version to use when you feel that your team has a chance to both put on opponents under so much pressure so they make individual errors AND you feel the players are up for beating their man with their brilliance ( read flair versus their anticipation , off the ball versus their positioning) etc. IF the opponent sits deep and defend well, having composed players whilst your team show signs of being anxious, frustrated, complacent, the Its NOT a good version no matter your superior quality .

A question, I am using the split 451. The players I use in the AMC position have "comes deep to get the ball" as a preferred move. Do you think this is a good preferred move for this set?

TBH, awesome thread. Read it many times. Thanks for all the effort you put into it.

Now that I've said that...

I currently manage Real Madrid, second season. Won liga and champions league with your tactics already. Players are pretty much standard, I prefer to ''built'' my own replacements via regens / talents.

Been using your 1. Really Attacking - wide 4231, 2. control - split 451 3. Quick counter - 451

HOME: control - split 451 vs. medium or better (bayern etc.) and really attacking 4231 against low teams.
AWAY: control - split 451 vs. medium and low teams. High teams I used quick counter 451.

Do you think this is best for Real Madrid if not which 3 tactics would you recommend me to use and when?

I've been thinking to replace the quick counter 451 since I barely use it and when I used it I felt it didn't work. Would the wide & stretching 451 or 4231 work better (Bale, Ronaldo, Di maria...).

A question, I am using the split 451. The players I use in the AMC position have "comes deep to get the ball" as a preferred move. Do you think this is a good preferred move for this set?
In generall, it depends on the version you are using and the movement of the other players. In real life, such a player would ( especially if being a key player, a playmaker) would work really well with a Mobil forward stretching the line of defence, moving into channels, along with a winger sitting more narrow and a fullback bombing forward keeping the width. As this is a " set" made for you to tweak, it important that you take these things into account. Is he your key player ? It so, then just tell him to get forward more often in those version where he is supposed to, to balance things up a bit.

TBH, awesome thread. Read it many times. Thanks for all the effort you put into it.Now that I've said that...I currently manage Real Madrid, second season. Won liga and champions league with your tactics already. Players are pretty much standard, I prefer to ''built'' my own replacements via regens / talents. Been using your 1. Really Attacking - wide 4231, 2. control - split 451 3. Quick counter - 451HOME: control - split 451 vs. medium or better (bayern etc.) and really attacking 4231 against low teams. AWAY: control - split 451 vs. medium and low teams. High teams I used quick counter 451.Do you think this is best for Real Madrid if not which 3 tactics would you recommend me to use and when?I've been thinking to replace the quick counter 451 since I barely use it and when I used it I felt it didn't work. Would the wide & stretching 451 or 4231 work better (Bale, Ronaldo, Di maria...).
I think you are very much spot on with your Chosen approaches.The Counter version is perhaps one you don't need as your team is good enough not actually needing to try to ****** a goal on a quick break, being able to hold on to leads anyway by simply dominating the match. Here, switching to counter should probabky onmy be used when the opponents are actually putting you under pressure, a pressure you are unable to cope with and seing your best chnace winning the game, holding on to the lead, by scoring one more goal.Perhaps it is that you don't need a third version other than the Wide & Stretch 451 to use against teams sitting really deep but being able to cope with you. Here, you give them some of the possession( but not the main initiative ) with hope to drag them upfield :)

View attachment 455518View attachment 455521Help me out here TBH. I'm Feirense (mp 4th) at home vs Atletico CP (mp 15th)....I have loaded up the 4-5-1 Split (Control, W&SC and QC)...I decide to start the game using the "obvious", Control. They score early and first (6 min) using a long-ball from their D over the top of my sleeping DC perfectly to their ST who puts it in. I later equalize via a set-piece. Seeing as this is a game i shouldn't be dropping points in at around the 70th min mark I load up the 4-5-1 Split Really Attacking to try and chase that goal. Game finishes 1-1 draw but the most dissapointing part of this is the final game stats. 23 shots only 4 on target for me. I only create 1 CCC vs their 3.What am I missing here? How can I fix this? This is a game I should be easily winning.
Here, it sounds like they where able to cope with your pressure and not getting dragged out of position. This WILL happend as they are having a good game, your players not being able to perform better than them. Here( just like mentioned in the post just above this), why not give away SOME of the initiative to the opponent with the hope that they will get further up in the field with more men. In short, the Wide & Stretch :)

Hey TBH did you by any chance make a CR7 tactic?Also if you're still open to suggestions....2014 marks the 10 year anniversary that Mourinho guided Porto to a CL win....how about a recreation of that tactic(s)?
The CR7 tactic just became too one-dimensional for me to enjoy :( the FL scored lots of goals alright but the flow of the game was not that great.As for emulations, I am not I am the person you are looking for as I watch far too little top- football to be able to make it right :)

Here, it sounds like they where able to cope with your pressure and not getting dragged out of position. This WILL happend as they are having a good game, your players not being able to perform better than them. Here( just like mentioned in the post just above this), why not give away SOME of the initiative to the opponent with the hope that they will get further up in the field with more men. In short, the Wide & Stretch :)

and of course right after playing that dissapointment game....this happens! :) (using the quick counter)

View attachment 438713

I think you are very much spot on with your Chosen approaches.The Counter version is perhaps one you don't need as your team is good enough not actually needing to try to ****** a goal on a quick break, being able to hold on to leads anyway by simply dominating the match. Here, switching to counter should probabky onmy be used when the opponents are actually putting you under pressure, a pressure you are unable to cope with and seing your best chnace winning the game, holding on to the lead, by scoring one more goal.Perhaps it is that you don't need a third version other than the Wide & Stretch 451 to use against teams sitting really deep but being able to cope with you. Here, you give them some of the possession( but not the main initiative ) with hope to drag them upfield :)

Thanks!

Would you recommend setting "shoot more often" to an if or winger like Ronaldo ( good long shots ) or would this hurt the control / possession play too much?

And perhaps more direct balls to a good passer and mental ability ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

and of course right after playing that dissapointment game....this happens! :) (using the quick counter)

View attachment 456438

Great result !

Seing that you hit a whole 23 aimed towards the goal but only 8 on target, how many of those where taken after.
- the opponent actually had men behind the ball, i.e NOT when you tried to hit them on the counter
- missplaced headers
-shots taken in haste when launching a counter attack?

Cheers

Thanks!

Would you recommend setting "shoot more often" to an if or winger like Ronaldo ( good long shots ) or would this hurt the control / possession play too much?

And perhaps more direct balls to a good passer and mental ability ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I would say that a normal ( mixed passing game) is the hardest so if having a player with great Technique, Decision and passing, then letting him play his own passing game sounds like a good idea ( if playing short, let HIM play more direct and vice versa)

As for Ronaldo, don't push him into taking shots from distance. As he will find those opportunities anyway, he will take them when HE sees fit :)

Last edited:
Hi TBH!

I'm starting my game with liverpool (again, for god knows how many times now). Havent seem to get anything work usually get sacked around january. I admit I'm bit of an plug&play FM-manager. This is what I was thinking of going for this time :D:

View attachment 438251

Any pointers. I pretty much ready to give up on this game.

Hi TBH!

I'm starting my game with liverpool (again, for god knows how many times now). Havent seem to get anything work usually get sacked around january. I admit I'm bit of an plug&play FM-manager. This is what I was thinking of going for this time :D:

View attachment 457695

Any pointers. I pretty much ready to give up on this game.

Looks good ( regarding the version picking). Personally, I would have picked Quick Counter over really attacking but that's just me ( I assume you are not going to use Honda as the CM/defend though)

Looks good ( regarding the version picking). Personally, I would have picked Quick Counter over really attacking but that's just me ( I assume you are not going to use Honda as the CM/defend though)

I'll put Leiva CM/D and Fernando DM.

Let's see how it goes. Already tried split 451 in one game and messed it up.

Hi TBH, can you please help me out with a tactic for Arsenal. I don't know where to start with version 14.2.