**TheBetterHalfs Tactic Sets**Including the SPLIT 451** A total of 67 Tactics !!

Time to implement some of these set-ups with Chelsea...I'm thinking wide 4231.

A question - should OI be applied?

As always, yea it should be considered. But only implemented after an Indepth analyse of the opponent and as a reaction to what you see on the pitch. It's not use in implementing " default" OIs just based on positions on the field as you have to take the style/ role of the player and the approach of the opponent into account.

Regaridng picking the correct version or formation knowing when to drop back or push forward in terms of version, why things are working out and why one is struggling, the current state of the ME makes it pretty hard due to some flaws regarding the first touch, decision and movement. This beasilly means that one has to use comprehensive highlight to actually see what is going on on the pitch as most key or extended highlight gives an inaccurate picture of the flow as most highlights are from defensive misstakes, poor first touch, corners etc. If using comprehensive, you WILL spot the pattern as to why or when this is happening though, even though the animation might lo
ok awefull.

I am currently working on a 4141 and so far, I have "made" the following template or versions.
  • Control
  • Wide & Stretching Counter
  • Quick Counter
I loaded them up at the end of my season with Arsenal (2013/14) and here are the results.

13r7.png

As you can see, I have conceeded only one goal in 11 matches, including 3 matches against Utd, 3 against Chelsea and one against spurs. Beneath you will also see my version picking and whilst the Quick Counter gave away 60 % possession, I still restricted Chelsea and Utd to longshots taken in vain also restricting them to less than 3, 4, 2...9,3,2 corners in those games. If giving away more coners, we would had conceeded more though.

As you can also see, I have not played any games away from home against weak/weaker opponents where I would have used Wide & Stretch so this is to be tested with a top team

Will continue working on Really Attacking, Slow Standard and Cautious Counter with a lesser team, like West Ham, Villa or Fulham.

Anyway, here the 3 versions mentioned. Remember that these are only "betas" but if you wish, do try them out and report back with results

Last edited:
Hi there, i just started a save with spurs and i'm using your wide n stretching counter split 451 tactics. the thing is Soldado doesn't seems to perform well in that tactics, his average rating is around 6.3~6.7 each games. what do you think i should do?

Hi there, i just started a save with spurs and i'm using your wide n stretching counter split 451 tactics. the thing is Soldado doesn't seems to perform well in that tactics, his average rating is around 6.3~6.7 each games. what do you think i should do?

Difficult to say. It might be that he provides more than the game accounts for. Are you getting results or are you struggling ?

I am getting results though, but never a big win. Though I'll take a 1-0 win anytime, the goals mostly comes from my midfields.

Last edited:
Well, new season is kicking and decided to give your sets a go. I decided to choose the 451 split. My team is Millwall, it's going to be the season 17/18 and my third year in EPL. Last two years I finished in 4th and 6th place. I don't have a superb team, if I have to compare to another team in terms of quality, I think I am in the same level of Swansea (original squad). Do you want me to try any formation? I liked the look of the assymetric formation with the two AMC.

I am in the middle of a save with Chelsea and have been using 4231 wide, which fits my players very well. Your personal preference is the split 451. Do you feel it is better than the other tactics? And if so, why?

I have a question about individual training. I will use the AMC for example in the split 451. His role varies between Attacking Middfielder and Treq. Which role would you choose for training?

I am really trying to mould the players in the tactic and paying attention to ppm's, which I am really enjoying.

Great work as always TBH...

Struggled so far in 14, but have a save where I've just been promoted with Leeds. Signed some promising players so was thinking of using the Wide Counter, Control and Quick Counter as my 3 base tactics. I'd like to be using the 4-5-1, as that's the best for the players I have.

For a newly promoted club, what would you suggest as a good rule of thumb to deploy each tactic in (e.g Home, Away, Top Club, Small club in the cups, good form / bad form?)

Thanks

Yes, 67 Of them in the opening post as They are not made for any specific patch/update.

Hey TBH..I have follwed your tactics for a years and you are BRILLIANT at what you do! My question is knowing how the ME's always have flaws how are you sure each one of your tactic can be successfull given the flaws of the ME?

Hey TBH..I have follwed your tactics for a years and you are BRILLIANT at what you do! My question is knowing how the ME's always have flaws how are you sure each one of your tactic can be successfull given the flaws of the ME?

I think I can answer this by saying that any tactic which is created using a logical footballing approach will work with the right players no matter the ME. Such tactics do require a squad to be developed into them though, whereas an instant success tactic will look at the flaws in the ME and look to take advantage of them.

Well said. I am enjoying this approach and paying attention to players preferred moves, etc. I think it makes for a more interactive experience.

I think I can answer this by saying that any tactic which is created using a logical footballing approach will work with the right players no matter the ME. Such tactics do require a squad to be developed into them though, whereas an instant success tactic will look at the flaws in the ME and look to take advantage of them.