**TheBetterHalfs Tactic Sets**Including the SPLIT 451** A total of 67 Tactics !!

The 4411is now in the OP

5z7n.png

Last edited:
All i can say is wow, before i stumbled upon this thread i hated the game. I hated it, no tactic seemed to provide me with success. Even the ones that were remotely successful i didn't enjoy, i didn't enjoy the football nor the positions being used. After stumbling upon this i decided to give it a shot, and i tell you what I'm in love with the game and my team! It seems to have given me some excitement and enjoyment for once! Absolutely brilliant! Thank you, truly thank you!!

View attachment 448066 An amazing run of form. We were devastated by the loss but at the end of the day we've already won the league, you win some and you lose some.
View attachment 448063 As you can see Pastore has absolutely flourished this season with this tactic! (I've only managed them in the 15-16 season)
View attachment 448037 Pastore running the show yet again.

Last edited:
All i can say is wow, before i stumbled upon this thread i hated the game. I hated it, no tactic seemed to provide me with success. Even the ones that were remotely successful i didn't enjoy, i didn't enjoy the football nor the positions being used. After stumbling upon this i decided to give it a shot, and i tell you what I'm in love with the game and my team! It seems to have given me some excitement and enjoyment for once! Absolutely brilliant! I'll post screens when i have more to show :) Thank you, truly thank you!!

Wow, thanks. That made my day :D
Dont hesitate to upload those screens and any tweaks you made to the settings to suit your team.

All i can say is wow, before i stumbled upon this thread i hated the game. I hated it, no tactic seemed to provide me with success. Even the ones that were remotely successful i didn't enjoy, i didn't enjoy the football nor the positions being used. After stumbling upon this i decided to give it a shot, and i tell you what I'm in love with the game and my team! It seems to have given me some excitement and enjoyment for once! Absolutely brilliant! I'll post screens when i have more to show :) Thank you, truly thank you!!

Btw, what formation are you using at the moment and with what team ?

I've got no interest in downloading any tactics to use, as I prefer to create them myself. But I would like to know how you decide on player roles+duties & player instructions?

Similar to your tactics, I have created a possession tactic, a counter-attacking tactic and a Dortmund/Southampton-esque tactic which is very attacking. But I struggle to decide what roles, duties and instructions to set for players.

(For example, I cant decide what role to play Javier Hernandez in, as although he is an excellent poacher (Attributes wise), he seems pretty useless at it for me)

TBH, your tactics work with small and middle teams?

Indeed, just look at our team and its pros and cons. Then decide what formation that gets the best out of yuour players whilst still makes you keep a solid defensive shape. Playing with a team like Burton on poor pitches, pethaps its best to actually use a more smash and grab approach, playing Really attacking and Quick Counter. With an underdog like Crystal Palace, it might be a good idea to play a deeper formation, using 3 central mids, like the 451. Have a look i the quote beneath from the opening post. Also, have a look in the 2nd post of this thread

Picking the Set/Formation
When it comes to the formation and the uploaded tactics, you will find that some formations are more attacking and aggressive by default. This means that playing Cautious Counter in a more advanced formation will have less players behind the ball than in a ?deeper? formation, just like Really Attacking might be more of an overloading approach in the advanced formations and more of an Controling or cautious approach in the deeper formations.

In the end, it?s up to you to choose the formation that gets the best out of your team and is more likely to be able to get results. Think about it, if playing as Chelsea and having many central mids, you might be tempted to use a Narrow Diamond formation. Whilst this might suit your squad, you need to consider if this is a formation that suit the circumstances, that you will be likely to face teams flooding the midfield playing compact and defensive. It might be that this part of the field is congested so a formation using more width might be better. The same goes for a team like Crystal P. A too advanced formation might not be the best of choice. Better than to have a consolidation season, playing a more compact and deep formation and build for the future

You will also find( in the future) some uploaded sets that don?t contain 6 version, but maybe just one, two or three and I will refer to these as ? EXTRA SETS? These are the ones that by default can?t be used in both a Really attacking and a Cautious Counter version. Like a Deep and Narrow 4132. This formation is great when wanting to play really compact on the counter but not when wanting to be in control and playing attacking. The same goes for the 424, a formation that simply can?t be used in the more probing versions, like Slow Standard, Cautious Counter etc. Here, you can either use these as plug & play tactics or implement them into the other sets, like having the 424 as an extra version to the 4411, or the Deep & Narrow Quick Counter as an extra version to a more advanced but narrow formation

I've got no interest in downloading any tactics to use, as I prefer to create them myself. But I would like to know how you decide on player roles+duties & player instructions?

Similar to your tactics, I have created a possession tactic, a counter-attacking tactic and a Dortmund/Southampton-esque tactic which is very attacking. But I struggle to decide what roles, duties and instructions to set for players.

(For example, I cant decide what role to play Javier Hernandez in, as although he is an excellent poacher (Attributes wise), he seems pretty useless at it for me)

What formation do you use when struggling to get Chicarito work perform and whats is support etc

going to give the 4411 a go with my barnsley save see if i can do what i did fm13 in fm14

I've uploaded a screen shot to my previous post, I've yet to make any tweaks as my team just dropped straight in!! I'm using the deep 4-2-3-1 with PSG 15-16 season :)

Last edited:
What formation do you use when struggling to get Chicarito work perform and whats is support etc

This is my main tactic, but I am about to scrap them all and create new ones. 95% of the time I use this tactic slightly adapted. I dont use Hernandez for the others :)

View attachment 448038

P.S. I am aware that a poacher isn't suited to playing up top on his own, but the majority of my goals come from my midfield. Chicharito is meant to just be there to mop up in the box, but he rarely gets into good positions in the box or makes good runs.

I would probably give him a supporting role as he wont be able to get behind the line of defence anyway but that depends on how low the opponents sit. If his job today is to stretch the opponent, them he will never be your main scorer in such a direct approach. I could see him being deadly as a Shadow Striker behind a false nine though :) have you tries switching ?zil and him,False10 & 9

Is there anything you could suggest that could improve the goals from my striking department? Since I've implemented your tactics i seem to hear nothing from my strikers. I'm not complaining as the team is playing brilliantly!

Is there anything you could suggest that could improve the goals from my striking department? Since I've implemented your tactics i seem to hear nothing from my strikers. I'm not complaining as the team is playing brilliantly!

What versions do you normally use of the Deep 4231 ?