**TheBetterHalfs Tactic Sets**Including the SPLIT 451** A total of 67 Tactics !!

I would probably give him a supporting role as he wont be able to get behind the line of defence anyway but that depends on how low the opponents sit. If his job today is to stretch the opponent, them he will never be your main scorer in such a direct approach. I could see him being deadly as a Shadow Striker behind a false nine though :) have you tries switching ?zil and him,False10 & 9

I play Ozil as a false 9 in one of my other tactics, but Hernandez can't play anywhere except striker. Long-term I am looking to make Muniain or Werner my striker, so I will definitely try what you suggested with them.

I am useless with strikers; what role would you use for Hernandez, forgetting my teams playing style (I am about to create new tactics so can make it to fit him)

Thanks for the help! :)

P.S. One more question if you don't mind :) ; You've used a BBM in a few of your tactics listed above. Do you not find they don't do their job as they should? For me dont get back enough, and then dont get forward far enough. What FM role/instructions would you say be the best to fit the Viera/Yaya Toure way of playing? :)

I play Ozil as a false 9 in one of my other tactics, but Hernandez can't play anywhere except striker. Long-term I am looking to make Muniain or Werner my striker, so I will definitely try what you suggested with them.

I am useless with strikers; what role would you use for Hernandez, forgetting my teams playing style (I am about to create new tactics so can make it to fit him)

Thanks for the help! :)

P.S. One more question if you don't mind :) ; You've used a BBM in a few of your tactics listed above. Do you not find they don't do their job as they should? For me dont get back enough, and then dont get forward far enough. What FM role/instructions would you say be the best to fit the Viera/Yaya Toure way of playing? :)

BBM- Well, I have not usel that role enough to spot that pattern, the players have not been given that role in all versions, only a few.
Personally, I would say they are CM/support, both with less risky passes and Viera with Hold position. Their traits will do the rest and in real life, the manager will just say " sit a little higher up/deeper ", " take that player out if the game/provide Physic higher up in the field.

FC- I would use him as DLF/attack in a 4411 with a TQ behind. Or as a DLF/support with less risky passes an get forward more in a flat 442 with a false nine next to him. Just remember to use him on the left side.

Last edited:
I usually use the Control or the Wide & Stretching version, Cavani and Ibra struggle most games

Well, here I would actually use Ibra in the AMC position and Cavani upfront. Just remember that in a 4231, the FC is normally not your main scorer when facing teams sitting deep.

And what about the training? Main training and match training? 4-5-1 split.

Tried the 451 split, counter...ish style with Torino, and i've had some very mixed results. I'm thinking, counter is the way to go with them , but maybe change tactics to the 4231 deep, given that the 2dm would provide more cover? What's your say on this TBH?
By mixed i mean beating Lazio 3-0 at home, using the quick counter,( i reckoned they will attack me from the very start), and then losing to Verona away 2-0. Beating Catania Away 4-1, and so on..
Thanks.

P.S. : I think your tactics are the most REALISTIC on the internet, and make the game more enjoyable and fun! They deserve a little more credit than they are getting!

And what about the training? Main training and match training? 4-5-1 split.

Training
The everyday training looks to improve the players and mould them into a certain kind of player, to make them more complete and able them to use their strengths to their best. This is a longterm approach and short term, it has nothing to do with the tactics. As we play with 6 version, all from a probing and controlling tactic to a quicker and direct counter approach, its not possible up say what program you should focus on. Here, the Balanced program along with individual training of the stats of the role, to make up for a weaknesses or to get even better at a Stregnths is my best advice.

Team Cohesion is one schedule though that does have an impact short term an is a good way to get the squad together

Match prep / training

Apart from Tactics that makes the team focus on the approach as a whole, the other plan are strictly for a specific game. If you are playing againt a team where you fear their set pieces, perhaps plan for that. If you see your best chance of winning being from set pieces, then make a plan for that. If you think the opponent will sit deep and defend, make a plan for that and if you really want to be solid in defence, make a plan for that.

With this said, you are more likely to use the following.
- Using Attack or Control , attacking movement
- Using Slow Standard at home, attacking movement, away def positioning.
- Quick Counter, probably the same as slow standard
- Cautious Counter, def positioning

Tried the 451 split, counter...ish style with Torino, and i've had some very mixed results. I'm thinking, counter is the way to go with them , but maybe change tactics to the 4231 deep, given that the 2dm would provide more cover? What's your say on this TBH?
By mixed i mean beating Lazio 3-0 at home, using the quick counter,( i reckoned they will attack me from the very start), and then losing to Verona away 2-0. Beating Catania Away 4-1, and so on..
Thanks.

P.S. : I think your tactics are the most REALISTIC on the internet, and make the game more enjoyable and fun! They deserve a little more credit than they are getting!

With a team like Torino or any middle team, you will see mixed results. Just look at the EPL in real life. Swansea- Newcastle 3-0. If they replayed that game 10 times, I think you would see mixed results. In the end, its about finding balance, getting the results when you deserve it and try to iron out the weak performances and make ingame changes when you loose control of a game. Like the 2-0 loss, how did you react in the 65thinute to the fact that you where loosing that game ?

hello, i used some your tactics in fm13. After many tests with other tactics like zeroseas, nezza, kun tikitaka i decide to try your tactic. 4-5-1 Control. my english is bad and may be i didnt understand something. but what is my fail? im rly searching tactic with insides and dlp\adv playmaker. Messi is one who scores sometimes. Neymar 2 goals in 11 matches.Other goals from rest of squad 1-2. Pique 6. Here is start of my test. im waiting for some help. thanks.

View attachment 447896View attachment 447895View attachment 447894View attachment 447893

Last edited:
hello, i used some your tactics in fm13. After many tests with other tactics like zeroseas, nezza, kun tikitaka i decide to try your tactic. 4-5-1 Control. my english is bad and may be i didnt understand something. but what is my fail? im rly searching tactic with insides and dlp\adv playmaker. Messi is one who scores sometimes. Neymar 2 goals in 11 matches.Other goals from rest of squad 1-2. Pique 6. Here is start of my test. im waiting for some help. thanks.

View attachment 434425View attachment 434427View attachment 434430View attachment 434431

Whilst this version gets results as a plug & play, it really meant to be used along with the other versions, using the SET. When you look at the play( what highlights do you use? ), how do you react as a coach ? If you see the opponent pushing up their fullbacks and leave holes behind to exploit, do you take advantage of this( quick counter ). If the opponent sit well behind the ball and you are in control of the game but not scoring, do you try to drag them onto you by using Wide & Stretch instead ?

As for the matches above, the Valencia match looked like you should have tried to drag them onto you as the missed shots could have been because they where taken from poor angles and when under pressure. If they where missed headers, then you need to look at why.

The Dortmund match was a really even match and not a poor result at all.

Right, which formation would you recommend for the striker being the main scorer? :)

Right, which formation would you recommend for the striker being the main scorer? :)

Probably the Split 451 or the 4411. Just remember that the bigger the team you are,the more crowded the box will be and the more goals will be scorer by the other players.

Also, if an approach provides lots of corners and you manage to score many goals from them, getting 2-0, 3-0 up early in a match, the opponent wil be more likely to defend even more in the 2nd half ( less space for the FC). This along with that your players think the match is over will see your FC score less.

Last edited:

Thanks !

Hopefully, the thread will get ae more attention in the future. It's a fine line though, the more info provided in the OP and the more easy the tactic is to underatand, the less questions will be asked. As I don't speak about training - as its not relevant, using " Defensive or Ball Control etc wont have any effect on the results as such - lesser people will discus that here. No corner exploits, not looking for exploits equals less attention :)

there is no way to create a 4-2-3-1 with mc's and not with dmc's?

Its possible, I have just not had the time to finish the set. In short, its just a small tweak away from the 4411. Think more defensive wingers, a holding FC/attack and a more deep dropping AMC, or a false nine + SS. This way, the FC gets space sideways connecting to one of the wingers, the AMC not being in the way of the winger getting inside more( off the ball movement)No inside AMRL here though :)

so, mostly
fC- attack( holding role in the slower versions)
AMC- AMC support hold position
AML- winger support /attack
AMR- DW support - hold position

(or.. Use a false nine infront of an SS in AMC)
A

Last edited:
Here's a few results in my season, mostly using the 4-1-2-2-1 and the 4-2-3-1 , control and Quick Counter away against big teams.

View attachment 447809View attachment 447808

Haven't conceded a goal in the Premier League yet, so a great start. I'll keep you updated as i get further into the season!