TheHig's Lower League Adventure...EXCELLENT!!!!!

Zlatko has awful stats after one year, but despite that, whenever I've played him this season he's given a great performance.

Legwinski rejected me, I'm happy with what I have signed will post it up soon for new season update to begin.
Reading are my parent team, they sent a player to me on loan, but then got rejected due to work permit,,,thanks reading loads of help.

---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

New Season time, I'm excited to get started in the BSP, size up other teams and see were I fit in, been very busy in the transfer so without delay my In's and out's

In

Ross Kitteridge (free) (Reading)
Jimmy Derbyshire (Free)
Alex McCarthy (free) (Reading)
David Gbemie (free)
Elliot Godfrey (Free) (AFC Wimbledon)
Danny Green (Free) (Bishops Stortford)
Michael Symons (Free) (Forest Green)
Sacha Opinal (Free) Ebbsfleet)
Andrea Mutumbo (Loan) (Portsmouth)

Out

Tom Williamson (Contract Terminated)
Ryan Hazell (Contract Terminated)
Liam Clarke (Contract Terminated)
Rikki Taylor (Contract Terminated)
Joe Lampard (Contract Terminated)
Tom Adlington (Contract Terminated)
Tesfaye Bramble (Free) (Barrow)
Alan Griffiths (Contract Terminated)
Aiden Lewis (Free) (bath)

Ian Snodin is fit again to yay, my weakest part of the team is still my strikers, anyway I have a strong BSP squad if they gel

Next up is Pre Season Friendleys, Expectations and Media prediction for forth coming season

well done :D look forward to ur next posts, have enjoyed reading them so far.

Ive also signed jimmy derbyshire. Look for a lad called mycoe. forget his first name. class player. Jimmy play right back for me, done a good job in the BSP

New Season JULY (PRE SEASON)

So with All my signings done, I have stuck with the exact same formation and tactics. New League no ones really knows how I play to have sussed me so why change what my team work well with ?
Here is what my starting 11 will mostly be if all players are available

GK Alex McCarthy - Signed as a Free Agent Following his release from Reading

LB Robbie Watkins - Keeps his place for another season, only 23 has bags of Quality in Defensive and not bad going Forward, Providing 21 Assists last season, possible future club captain.

RB Danny Holmes - Signed as a Free Agent following his relase from Tranmere, only 19 has good stats in Tackling and Anticpation, with good Physical ststs already an excellent BSP player potentail to be much more

CB James Bristow (c)- The Club Captain is hard as nails, the no nonsense 29 year old is good enough to lead the team this season.

CB Joe Dolan (vc)- The Experainced 29 old Centre back has a good partnership with Bristow, why break that up, he has the Qaulity for this league and is the clubs Vice Captain.

RM Wayne Graves - Last Seasons player of the year will play an important role for me season

LM - Sacha Opinal - Signed from Ebbsfleet he is technically brillaint, way above average in this league, will create a lot chances for my team.

CM - Andrea Mutombo - On loan from Portsmouth, by far the best player in the team in both attack, defensive, physical and metnal lol

CM - Ian Snodin/Sido Jombarti/Jimmy Derbshire - Selection Troubles here, both Sido and Ian are back from long term injurys, so I'm not sure how good they will be when fit again, or if they can maintain fitness, this will be monited. Jimmy Derbshire gets the nod for opening game of season though,.

CF Elliot Godfrey - Signed from AFC Wimbledon, was 2nd top scorer in the BSS last season, hopefully can perform in the BSP too.

CF Matthew Judge - An all round good striker, proved in the BSP signed from Ebbsfleet.

Pre Season Friendlys

Gateshead 0 - 1 Basingstoke (Yankov) (Pre Season)

Sailsbury 1 - 2 Basingstoke(Godfrey,Graves) (Pre Season)

Basingstoke 2 - 2 Reading(Godfrey,Worthington) (Pre Season)

Basingstoke 2 - 0 Leyton Oreint(Worthington,Gbemie) (Pre Season)

Basingstoke 3 - 5 Totthenham Reserves(Symons,Jombarti,Barnes) (Pre Season)

Leam Barnes one of new youth regens is awesome, best regen I have seen in a long time. Strong Pre Season Symons one of my strikers out for 6 months with a torn calf muscle, oh well I good job a bought a lot of strikers.

Player Of The Month - Elliot Godfrey - Showing his calss, with some cool finishing

Next up start of BSP with August 2009

Media Prediction 24th

Last edited:
Good to see that pre-season has given you some good results. I'm waiting to see how you do in the league, whether you carry the pre-season form on. Don't forget to adjust the tactics if you are struggling (I found this out myself, luckily without too much damage done)

I've bin using the 4-4-2 tactics that we're put on the forum a little while ago, i just take the tempo down a little as my players tire fairly easily, especially the wingers

I've bin using the 4-4-2 tactics that we're put on the forum a little while ago, i just take the tempo down a little as my players tire fairly easily, especially the wingers

the one I put on ? or another one ?

This is good and your team so far looks good from the innies!

but I think you should be signing some players from reunion.

Okay its time for new update

August 2009

Basingstoke(Godfrey,Yankov(Pen) ) 2 v 1 Woking (BSP)

Sailsbury 1 v 2 Basingstoke (Yankov(pen),Worthington) (BSP)

Basingstoke(Graves,Watkins) 2 v 0 Crawley (BSP)

Forest Green 3 v 1 Basingstoke (Judge) (BSP)

Basingstoke (Yankov) 1 v 0 Stevenage (BSP)

Torqauy 3 v 0 Basingstoke (BSP)

Mixed Results but more good than bad, I've made the Camrose a Fortress, that will be vital for my team to do well this season.
Snodin still injured suffered another 4 week setback. Not started for the club since March 2008

Player Of The Month Wayne Graves- The Hard working right midfielder has had 3 man of the match performances and opened the scoring against Crawley.

Current League Position 6th

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

This is good and your team so far looks good from the innies!

but I think you should be signing some players from reunion.

cant I forgot to load that nations players up

Last edited:
Good work Hig, cannot wait to finish my season to go to BSP I think I'll lay there a couple of years, make some money then move on.

Really enjoyed reading about your challenge in BSS which lead me to starting with Eastleigh and I won 2-1 against basingstoke in first game of season in a very one sided Meeting.

the one I put on ? or another one ?

I cant remember who put it on but it has 4 variations and seems to be working very well after a pretty good pre season and the 1st 6 games in the league

September 2009

Cambridge 1 - 0 Basingstoke (BSP)

Basingstoke 2 - 0 Barrow (BSP)
(Dolan,Yankov)

Basingstoke 3 - 0 Ebbsfleet (BSP)
(Mutombo,Yankov(pen),Jombarti)

Team Bath 1 - 4 Basingstoke (BSP)
(Bristow,Worthington(2),Graves)

Basingstoke 2 - 1 Burton (BSP)
(Snodin,own goal)

Chester 0 - 1 Basingstoke (BSP)
(Godfrey)

Basingstoke 3 - 1 Kidderminster (BSP)
(Worthington,Graves,Mutombo)

Holy **** what a month, after a narrow loss to Cambridge I win 6 on the trot :). My team have played out their skin the last few, by far the best performances I've seen from my player.
Could I be a promotion contender or am I a hull city of the BSP. I'm top now after 13 games.
Was good to see Ian Snodin back, he started 4 games in this month grabbing a goal starting to get some ability and from back.

Player Of the Month - Wayne Graves - Again this player was the difference in most of my games, scoring 2 and drove my team on to success.

Current League Position 1st

Team Bath are a university team, so them being in BSP would be lulz.

The fact you can beat Chester gives you good chance of standing strong in League 2 but Torquay are a quality Conference Prem team so need to watch your results against them especially after 3-0 defeat.

I spelt Basingstoke wrong on the title of this thread, I'm an idiot, new update coming soon anyways.

---------- Post added at 02:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 AM ----------

October 2009

Luton 0-2 Basingstoke (BSP)
Mutombo,Snodin

Rushden 3-1 Basingstoke (Conference League Cup Round 2)
Godfrey

Basingstoke 1-0 AFC Telford (BSP)
Bristow

Mansfield 3-0 Basingstoke (BSP)

Basingstoke 2-1 Oxford (BSP)
Worthington,Bristow

Basingstoke 2-1 Sailsbury (FA Cup OL)
Snodin,Godfrey

Basingstoke 1-0 Kettering (BSP)
Godfrey

Southend 3-0 Basingstoke (FA CUP 1st Round)

Mixed results again, but only one loss in the league, a heavy loss to an excellent Mansfield side who outclassed my team.
It's official Snodin is back and made a big impact now he's match fit, just hope he stays like that. Still clear at the top of BSP by 2 points.

Player Of The Month - Ian Snodin, the classy creative midfielder back at his best pulling the strings in my midfield

i have absolutly enjoyed reading the results and all of that, glad you went up though, next season please let us no how you are going on in the bsp league.:D