TheHig's Lower League Adventure...EXCELLENT!!!!!

Must of retired hes 34 in first season theres also Novo [Not Rangers one] Hes really good scored a topper for me on his first game at Millwall.

I also bought a player valued 375k for 35k his name is Encinas he plays for Real Sorciedad reserves hes been clinical for me this season [Spelling]

February 2010

Basingstoke 2-3 Cambridge (BSP)
Bristow,Snodin

Special Match Report

what a game, the title runner battled it out in heated classic today at the camrose. Bristow but the stoke in the lead with a powerfull header on 15 minutes.
On 31 minutes Cambridge Eqaulized when Mark Beasley tucked away a one on one.
Cambridge missed a hat full of chances, and some excellent saves from Alex McCarthy kept stoke in the game.
A swift counter from a Cambridge Corner saw Snow about 45 yards out spotting the Cambridge keeper of his line. He goes for the chip and its in. GOAL....the stoke lead 2-1 at the break.

Second half saw Basingstoke dominate possession, and looked comfortable, Matt Judge hit the cross bar, and Robbie Watkins missed a sitter, but 2-1 it stayed.
On the 70 minutes mark Rory McAury cut inside wrong footing watkins just inside the 18 yard box, Watkins miss timed challenge lead to a Cambridge pen.
McAury himself fired into the roof of the net 2-2.
1 minute later stoke gave the ball away almost striaght from the kick off, leading to constant heavy cambridge pressure.

Judge made way for Gbemie to add to the back line, and Snodin gave way to Legwinski to protect a back five. Stoke were holding out for a point.
86 minutes in Chris Holroyld shoots from 25 yards out, the ball taking a big deflection off joe dolan wrong footing McCarthy leading to Cambridge winner. :(

Barrow 1-3 Baingstoke (BSP)
Yankov,Judge,Graves

Ebbsfleet 3-1 Basingstoke (BSP)
Bristow

Basingstoke 2-1 Chester (BSP)
Bristow,Snodin (pen
)

Basingstoke 4-1 Team Bath (BSP)
Judge,Worthington,Snodin,Barnes

Gutted, my first home loss of the season, no shame in loosing an amazing close football match against cambridge though.
Lucky for me this month after defeating me Cambridge lost 2 in a row, Mansfield and Kettering getting wins over them. So a good month and some good perfomances looking league 2 standard to me :). I'm 6 points claer but Cambridge have a game in hand.

Player of the Month - Jason Bristow, a true leader pulling my team out from the dead a few times this month, hes injured now for 3 weeks. A big blow at this stage of the season

Current League Postion 1st

Coming up March, the BSP title sprint continues.............

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

March 2010

Burton 1-4 Basingstoke (BSP)
Dolan,Worthington(3)

Kidderminster 0-1 Basingstoke (BSP)
Worthington

Basingstoke 0-2 Luton (BSP)

Oxford Utd 0-0 Basingstoke (BSP)

Basingstoke 2-1 Mansfield (BSP)
Graves,Yankov

Kettering 2-2 Basingstoke (BSP)
Legwinski,Bristow

Looks like I'm in the same position as last year, 6 games to go, I'm a few points clear at the top, its all in my hands and now my team are starting to loose steam.
Team were **** poor against Luton,Oxford and Kettering, based on performances like that the players will not have a future at basingstoke.
Not all bad of course, 4 points clear at the top 6 games to go, I must win the BSP MUST WIN IT.

Player Of the Month - Tom Worthington - A product from Basingstokes youth, was top scorer last season and looks like he will be this season with 14 goals from 33 games.

Current League Position 1st

Lucky enough final few games are easier games, Southport (although they beat last time at haig avenue) and other towards the bottom I play in my final few games.
The Exception is Rushden, on the final day of season, they are in 4th spot.

Good luck mate, I look forward to hearing the conclusion of your season.

lucky enough, difference with this season is the team around me are running out of steam too, Luton,Cambridge and Ebbsfleet are loosing silly games too.
I would be very disappointed to not win the BSP title from my current position now.

A tip for anyone who struggles with finances at this level.
Keep a smallish squad, and no reserves, in my second season I have declined the resverves league, and have 0 reserves, just 20 first team players that's it.

Last edited:
lucky enough, difference with this season is the team around me are running out of steam too, Luton,Cambridge and Ebbsfleet are loosing silly games too.
I would be very disappointed to not win the BSP title from my current position now.

A tip for anyone who struggles with finances at this level.
Keep a smallish squad, and no reserves, in my second season I have declined the resverves league, and have 0 reserves, just 20 first team players that's it.

I hope you win the automatic promotion. Its always nice when, if results aren't going for you, the other teams don't capitalise on it. The only problem with keeping a smallish squad is if you get hit by injuries and then you're in trouble. I have a squad of 29 players and I sometimes struggle, especially when got a load of injuries and then have to play 2 games in like 2 days

Last edited:
April 2010

Basingstoke 3-0 AFC Telford (BSP)
Watkins,Worthington,Bristow

Histon 0-1 Basingstoke (BSP)
Worthington

Basingstoke 1-0 Greys (BSP)
Bristow

Basingstoke 2-0 Southport (BSP)
Yankov,Snodin

Northwich 0-1 Basingstoke (BSP)

Judge

Basingstoke 1-1 Rushden (BSP)
Mutombo

oh yes there you have BSP Champions, best run of the season came were it really matted. Clear champions by six points.
I also think I don't need to strengthen too much to survive next year. My team have geld into a brilliant team.
On A sad note, Yankov played his last game for club, he got a standing ovation at the end of the Rushden game, he's been fantastic for me. Also Mutombo returns to portsmouth, but I'll ask to loan him again next season hopefully he will come.

Thats it for now, later I'll have end of season screen shots, team review, who's going and preperation for football leauge.

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

A small update, Wycombe Wanderers have offed me the job, a 750 a week contract :), they finished 6th in league 2 and have a better squad than my Basingstoke, still I rejected the offer I'm not done at Basingstoke yet.

Congratulations mate. You must be feeling sooo proud right now. It is such a good feeling getting a team into the League. Even if you don't manage to achieve anything notable from now on, you will still have that achievement. Of course, I believe you are gonna take the club on to become the best club in the world :D

Season Review

League Position 1st
FA Cup 1st Round
Conference League Cup Round 2
FA Trophy Round 2

Player Of The Season Jason Bristow, the hardman has had the best season of his career, 9 goals from corners, and many great performances, bring on league 2

Top Scorers this season
1) Tom Worthington 16
2) Andrea Mutombo 12
3) Ian Snodin 10
4) Jason Bristow 9
5) Matt Judge 6

Well the Dragons have Performed way above expectations, clear winners of the BSP by 6 points.

NEW SEASON FOOTBALL LEAGUE

As the new season geets underway, I get givena 3k transfer budget, and 7k to spend on wages. hmmmm some support from the board would of been nice, I mean honestly my current sqaud wont survive in League 2, I need to stengthen.
But I get no transfer budget, and a low wage budget, great.
Well here come the In's and Out's

IN

Murray Ronan (Free) (Unattached)
Lucas Radal (Free) (Vannes Olimpic Club )
Simon Spender (Free) (Tamworth)
Gareth Eds (Free) (Tranmere)
Matty Ricthie (Free) (Portsmouth)
Simon Church (Free) (Reading)
Nicky Featherstone (Free) (Unattached)
Dimi Konstanopolous (Free) (Coventry)

OUT

Danny Green (Free)
Joe Dolan (9k)
Izzet Zahihovic (Free)
Elliot Godfrey (Free)
Ross Kitteridge (Free)
Sylvan Legwinski (Free)

So here is an overlook on the squad I have to compete in my first season in league 2

GK
Dimi Konstanopolous - Sigedn from Coventry, he did not play for them last season, but stats wise is much much better than McCarthy, so he is now first choice.

RB Danny Holmes - Was a qaulity signing last season, and he looks set for league 2, I think he is good enough

CB Jason Bristow - His stats have declined slighty, I ma ybe playing him out of loyalty, but he has lead my team well the last 3 years, and as far as I'm concerend he is still club captain.

CB Lucas Radal - Signed from the French non League, Fantastic signing, he looks like he could play in League 1.

LB Robbie Watkins - Like Bristow he been here since Blue Sqaure south days, is he good enough for this level, I dont no but I cant afford an upgrade in this position.

RM Ron Murray - well the fans favourite Wayne Graves has lost his place to much more skilled Ron Murray who has some football leauge experiance.

LM Matty Ritchie - On loan Portsmouth player is qaulity, could make a differnce this season

CM Ian Snodin - He has devolped a fair bit since his debut for me in the BSS. Partly due to the fact he accpeted a full contract then and trained full time. It's paid off he is good enough to play his own game at this level.

CM Gareth Eds - A hard working war dog from tranmere to fill the void Yankov has left, a different style of player who has lots of stamina, work rate, basically good DM qaulitys

CF Simon Church - A pity loan from Reading, thank you a excellent stikrer slots right in my first team.

CF Matt Judge/Tom Worthington - not sure, both players could struggle, I may play new signing Featherstone here, who is naturally a mid, but can play up front.

July 2009

Created a pre season friendly league called the Blue Sqaure Elite League, basically the best teams in Blue Sqaure leagues battle it out.

Basingstoke 1-1 Ebbsfleet (Friendly)

Basingstoke 4-6 Kidderminster
(Friendly)

Basingstoke 1-2 Cambridge
(Friendly)

Basingstoke 3-1 Blackburn Reserves
(Friendly)

Basingstoke 3-4 Liverpool Reserves
(Friendly)

Basingstoke 2-2 Portsmouth
(Friendly)

well thats it, I've done all I can with a pathetic budget, I beleive in my new signings and the playters I have kept on I beleive they can step up to this level.

Media Prediction 24th (DUH)

Coming up my first month in the football league .................

Church not too bad I got him loaned for my millwall game scored some decent goals good composure.

When I first came up from the BSP, I was also predicted 24th, finished 14th so what do the media know eh?oO). They clearly have no appreciation for our outstanding management skills!.

My advice would be to try and set up 3 friendly leagues in pre-season on successive weekends. If you get the right teams then Cha-ching!

Already failed on that, set up on league, no TV coverage other weekends were took up because I accepted friendly's from other clubs.
So as a result my balance is 425k,

Already failed on that, set up on league, no TV coverage other weekends were took up because I accepted friendly's from other clubs.
So as a result my balance is 425k,

Ah.Okay. In preparation for next season's pre-season, I would suggest that you start organising the Friendly Leagues straight after the End Of Season stuff comes out (you know, the list of winners, overachievers, underachievers etc etc) and don't accept any friendly offers from other teams. Also, you can still get good money without TV coverage. TV Coverage will only come with a couple of good teams in the League (My first League was televised as it was Portsmouth, Cardiff and Leeds)

Yeh, accepting friendlies seems to be bad. 2-3 of the teams I accepted cancelled at the last minute. Was really annoying and I ended up having to play sides like the Met Police.

Yeh, accepting friendlies seems to be bad. 2-3 of the teams I accepted cancelled at the last minute. Was really annoying and I ended up having to play sides like the Met Police.

Well at least you wouldn't get any crowd trouble with the police presence XD

I chose met police because they had a player I wanted, so I used this to see how good he played. He was stupidly good for their side, but some other team bagged him.

I set up a cup and got more money from that I could of got a potential 1.4mill if I got certain teams but I had to settle to Hull Birmingham and Sheffied Utd and I won the tournement in a 2-0 over Hull :)

August 2010

Basingstoke 6-1 Wycombe (L2)
Church(3),Judge,Ricthie,Snodin

Basingstoke 4-0 Wallsall (League Cup 1st Round)
Church,Feeatherstone,Judge,Bristow

Tranmere 1-4 Basingstoke (L2)
Ricthie,Snodin,Church,Eds

Basingstoke 2-0 Kidderminster (L2)
Snodin,Radal

Bury 2-0 Basingstoke (L2)

Aldershot 2-1 Basingstoke (Jonstones Paint Trophy)
Church

Holy **** talk about an aggressive start, My boys walked over Tranmere, Wycombe and L1 side Wallsall. Beating Kidderminster fellow promoted side was the only match I was Favorite for.
Another Highlight this month was getting to play Aldershot again in the john stones paint trophy. They are my local rivals and a great game it was. I now have a Derby to look forward too :)
I don't really no why my team are doing this well so far, maybe its consistency.
What I mean is I have played pretty much the same tactic for 3 years, and I have a fair few players that have been at the club with me a year or more.
Maybe its because the teams in league 1 don't no my style of play yet, and have not sussed me out. Anyway I'm happy :)

Player Of The Month - Simon Church - The On loan striker from Reading debuts with a Hat trick, then grabs another 2 goals in other games, hes a goal machine hopefully.

Current League Position
3rd