TheHig's Lower League Adventure...EXCELLENT!!!!!

Hall is on loan at my rivals havant & waterloo, scored against me in the 3-3 draw. And Richard Duffy has been signed by Ipwich for 100k so hes not available either

April 2009

Basingstoke 0 - 1 Hampton & Richmond (BSS)

Fisher 0 - 1 Basingstoke (BSS)

Basingstoke 1 - 0 Thurrock (BSS)

Chelmsford 0 v 0 Basingstoke (BSS)

Basingstoke 3 v 0 Newport County (BSS)

Weston Super Mare 2 v 1 Basingstoke (BSS)

Hayes & Yeading 1 - 0 Basingstoke (BSS) ,

Basingstoke 4 v 1 Braintree (BSS)

Not happy, ended up getting pipped to the title by Team Bath, meaining I have to go though the play offs now.
Two poor performances against weston super mare and yeading may have cost me promotion.
League table top half looks like this

Team Bath 83
Basingstoke 80
Havant & Waterloo 79
Chelmsford 77
AFC Wimbledon 77

So I have AFC Wimbledon in the first round of the play offs, I'm not confident, still missing Snodin, Jombarti, and Yankovic my best three players.

Player of the month - Wayne Graves. my only star player to not get crippled this season, had a solid month providing lots of assists.

Final League Position 2nd

Next up May and the Play-offs,

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Just to add to my moaing, I think I have by far the best team in the BSS, but with 3 of your 4 midfielders out injured long term, that kind of luck can **** any team up. Even if my defenders got injured I would have coped better, have lots of cover there.
Or if my strikers all got injured then that ould be fin, as my strikers are **** anyway, but nooooooooo its my midfield the 3 strongest players in the league get crippled by dirty Eastliegh.
I swear I better not loose the play offs if I do i'm unsure if i'll carry on as basingstoke manager.

I hope I do to, the BSS is quite dull, well it seems it when the BSP is in your grasp anyway, those two games I lost towards the end of the season hurt, 2 struggling teams beaten me, i'm fuming

Yeh, BSP is much more fun. Though my BSS Bath team beat the first place BSP team and now I've upgraded my team I'm stomping on everyone in BSP. Fronm what I've read from other people though, league 2 is a massive leap.

what formation are using?

the most basic 4-4-2 ever, all bars are direct in middle, no arrows, no forwrd runs nothing.
only thing I use the corner tactic, corners whipped into 6 yard box and keeper challenge by your centre backs, that sort of thing.
My tactics are not good at all, I have been lucky players like Wayne Graves, Yankovic, Snodin, Essandoh aND Adlington have been world class sginings

May 2009

Well the play-offs are here, I'm annoyed I'm in then as I though I should of won the title, but anyway.
I take on AFC Wimbledon and Chelmsford take on my rivals Havant & Warerloo.

Team News - Basingstoke are still Without Snodin and Jombarti two very skilled and important midfielders for the stoke.
Zlatko Yankov returns and could start. The stokes starting line up is

GK Ross Kitteridge - the classy keeper on loan from Reading
LB Robbie Watkins - the teams top assister this season
RB Tom Adlington (c) - the true professional, been solid this season
CB Jason Bristow - The hot headed centre back (3 red cards this season)
CB Joe Dolan - The Ex- League 2 player, reads the game well
RM Wayne Graves - My Signing of the season, a hardworking right mid
LM Jide Ogunbote - A fringe player who stepped in after snodins injury
CM Zlatko Yankov - My Bulgarian Prince (sounds gay but so lol)
CM Alan Grittiths - A centre back playing out of postion, doing ok)
CF Roy Essandoh - Failed to impress, but so have my strikers in general
CF Tom Worthington - Scores a goal here and there, decent pace.

AFC Wimbledon 0 V 1 Basingstoke (BSS Playoff)
so far so good, a cagey game by both team, on 20 minutes a Graves Corner found an unmarked Dolan who scored a close range header to the stoke in the lead.
Zlatko Yankov played his part in the later stages of the game, keeping possession for the stoke.
So Basingstoke have a 1 goal lead and an away goal heading into the home leg.
In the other play-off my arch rivals Havant & Waterloo beat Chelmsford 2-1 on Chelmsfords turf.

Basingstoke 3 v 0 AFC Wimbledon (BSS Playoff)
A wonderful performance, Bristow header from corner puts me in the lead, followed on by a scramble in the box that Roy Essandoh finished off, then a Free kick from Jide Ogunbote.
A record attendance today of 5197 saw Basingstoke do the business today. The clubs balance is a healthy 241k thanks to great fan support.
Other playoff seen Chelmsford beat my rivals Havant & Waterloo 3-1 to advance to face me in the final.
Now a Trip to the Kings field Stadium to see who gets the last BSP Spot.

Basingstoke 2 v 0 Chelmsford (BSS Playoff Final )
YES, YES GET IN THERE, a poor performance from Chelmsford gave me an easy day, Bristow and Worthington with a tap in each. No Drama today just business, Basingstoke are in the BSP.

Coming up next will be season review, player reviews, and an outlook of who's going and what to bring in to prepare for BSP life.
Screen shots coming soon too.
For now its time to celebrate :D

Congratulations. Well done on your promotion. Glad the lads didn't let you down.

I'm very happy to be promoted, I still feel cheated not getting the title, it was ours to throw away i the final games and boy did we throw it away.
Anyway they played really well in the play offs to get the BSP in the end. The Problem is I need a lot of players to stay in the league.
Ross Kitteridge as gone back to Reading, So i need a keeper, Snodin and Jombarti I fear will never be the same player they once were again.
I'm looking at about 6-7 good players I need,,.

Yeah...I understand the frustration of the team throwing it away. My team constantly do that. Thats rather a large overhaul you need there isn't it?

Yeah, also I'm not sure if Zlatko can cut it another season, he will be 43 and currently has a torn hamstring, he done that in the final play off v Chelmsford.
Wonder If my team have been promoted to early.
Good news is my balance is 260k, so I might get a good wage budget and a bit of money for next year.

I'd put all my transfer budget into wages and sign up good players on frees and loans. At the end of 5th year of my Eastbourne game and I've spent 2k on transfer fees in that time. If you are willing to spend ages trawling through the lists of free players, you can pick up some real bargains

Last Seasons Overlook

BSS 2nd
Fa Trophy 1st Round
Conference League Cup Final
Clubs Top Scorer Tom Worthington (15)
Clubs Player of the Year Wayne Graves

So here is a small comment on my sqaud from the season, saying how they did, and there role in the future of the club if any

GK Ross Kitteridge - Returned to Reading after loan spell but has been relased by reading, Availble on a free, He was solid for me all season and ever present, I put an offer in.

RB Tom Adlington - Had a great season, I thank him for helping my team gain promotion, but turning 35 stats dropping fast he will be released by the club.

LB Robbie Watkins - only 23, excellent left back, easy the standard of other good BSP left backs, his future is here at Basingstoke if he wants it.

CB Jason Bristow - He will captain the team again for the start of the BSP season.

CB Joe Dolan - Keeping my CB team the same, they are both good enough for BSP level.

RM Wayne Graves - The Player of the season is a key player, who will feature in my furture plans.

LM Ian Snodin - If he recovers and gets some stats back, his place is all but gaurenteed. Will see how he is when he is back in action.

CM Sido Jombarti - Same for this guy, been out long term will have to see what kind of player he is when he returns before I decide his fate.

CM Zlatko Yankov - at 43, stats dropping, but he is still a football genuis, he may not start but his experiance will be vital in the BSP

CF Tom Worthington - A very young striker (17) his stats are quite poor but he scores, he may not start depending on who I bring in but he will get a long term contract at the club

CF Roy Essandoh - Released, old and rarely scores

Still to come, JUNE & JULY transfer scrambles

Good Luck In The BSP Mate, Next League 2 then league 1 then the championship then the prem THEN THE WORLD HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Good Luck In The BSP Mate, Next League 2 then league 1 then the championship then the prem THEN THE WORLD HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

TheHig steps away from the slighty crazy LFCASH............lol

Nurse I have done neear enough what you said, have no intention of paying money on transfers just getting free's and loan deals.
I put an offer in for ex-fulham star slyvaIN legwinski, he's 35 but still has the stats of a league 1 player.

Thats a good idea. I tend to not worry about pace and stuff so much as few low league players have any decent pace. Having said that, a bit of pace can prove the difference. In the BSP, my players had almost no pace and I think the quickest was like 12 rating or something. You definitely need players with high work rate.

Basically, just go for any and all players that you can...most will reject you but occassionally the odd player when you offer a contract will say they are not interested but sign anyway. Have you got a parent team at all? Thats obviously a good way to get decent players. I usually look through the reserves of Man Utd, Arsenal etc to find players to loan

I just started as AFC Wimbledon, asked my board to find a parent club and they came back with Charlton, QPR and Spurs, naturally i went with Spurs and they've loaned a **** hot young keeper (well **** hot for my squad anyway)

Yeah...its good when that happens. The other good thing with the parent club is that you can loan most players without having to pay the players wages which helps if finances are tight.