Three-tactic-COMBO (Man Utd): CONQUER PL title! BANG Barcelona 6-2 Aggr! CL finalist!

View attachment 305812

Hull`s first season in premier league, i play Combo 2 away to them, they have lost 8 out of 9 games, scored 5 goals and then they play me! Look how effective they are!! 3 goals from 4 goals on goal, this defence doesent work at all! I did like you said, no OI, played my best defenders.. im clueless mate..

That is just your unlucky day mate. Your players have done what they had to do, and you had a good match plan against Hull, just that was not your day. And soccer is sometimes like that I assume. I think you were very excited when your team made a comeback 2-3. This made thing even worse when conceding one more goal in the end.

On the other hand, when you were leading 3-2 at 90', did you use 2COMBO + Contain + play safer like I said? I see from you picture that Hull had the equalizer at 90+4!! I never concede a late goal when using the shout above.

*Edit: I think there is not a big issue with this particular match anyway. But be careful! I usually see a match where we get draw against a very weak team is just a start of a bad run, maybe. There is high possibility so take care as much as you can on players' Morale and fitness, prepare well for the next fixture, also increase the Match training. Be careful there mate, this draw can be the start of worse things. Also please be more cautious on Pep talk before next matches I think.

Last edited:
My honor mate,

Also I have added you as friend on Steam

i'm waiting on lfcmarshalls update, to start a new save thinking on Liverpool and Galatasaray

Stopped using OI's and shouts......much better...

That's the thing....I'm not a strong team....I'm a newly promoted team but the players looked more comfortable playing to the formation as is rather than multiple commands that only seem to stifle my attack.

what is your team? My leeds games are really enjoyable!

Hi Scruffy Bear,

I'm really glad to hear that COMBO tactics have done it so consistently for you. Your 4-season-run with Liverpool is the furthest until now COMBO tactics have been tested. And the 2 Champions League wins are really glorious. I hope that you have had enjoyable time with COMBO.

Since you have tested them, do you have any comments on the tactics and any tweak that you suggest to make on them?

Hi Scruffy Bear,

I'm really glad to hear that COMBO tactics have done it so consistently for you. Your 4-season-run with Liverpool is the furthest until now COMBO tactics have been tested. And the 2 Champions League wins are really glorious. I hope that you have had enjoyable time with COMBO.

Since you have tested them, do you have any comments on the tactics and any tweak that you suggest to make on them?

I don't touch the core tactic's as I find them to work for about 80 percent of the matches I play, what I do for the other 20 percent I counter team by using OI or Match Shouts, say Bale is causing problems down my left wing I set OI to closing down with push onto weaker foot and hard tackle. Maybe the computer has overloaded the midfield I would set Match Shouts to play to the flank, overlap and hit early pass.

Used this tactic for about 2-3 seasons with PSV Eindhoven and was very satisfied with it. Got 2 league titles, dutch cup win and reached the semi-finals of the Champions League in season 2.

Recently started a new game with Arsenal (13.2.3 patch) and the tactic isn't half as succesful as in my PSV Eindhoven game. I got 12 points in 10 games with 6 draws and 2 losses (against Man Utd 4-0 away and Norwich home 2-1). We also have a negative goal difference.

The team seems to have major difficulties to create scoring chances, biggest win was 2-0. In my opinion the main strenght of this tactic was the amount of created chances and goals. We also receive a lot of goals in the last 5 minutes of the game, though I play with 2 combo on contain + play even safer.

I also tried to stop using shouts and OI, but this doesn't seem to have any influence on the results.

Does the above sounds familiar to you and do you have any clues?

Hey what combo are you using I'm using Combo 1 13.2.2 and doing well, won 8-1 using my b team in the Champions League

Sorry to hear that Michaelinho,

Actually I have not been playing for a while, so I have not got any result with 13.2.3. Hope that I can get back to the game soon. Sorry guys.

Hey what combo are you using I'm using Combo 1 13.2.2 and doing well, won 8-1 using my b team in the Champions League

1COMBO may not consistent for many seasons, but it can work very well for the first season. Good attacking and the number of chances is always enormous

@Scruffy_bear: I was using 3combo in combination with 2 combo. By the way, I used 1combo in my first season at PSV Eindhoven as well, switched to 3combo in season 2.

Going to try 1combo now, hope it works! I still am a big fan of this tactic, great formation and great field play as well.

@Scruffy_bear: I was using 3combo in combination with 2 combo. By the way, I used 1combo in my first season at PSV Eindhoven as well, switched to 3combo in season 2.

Going to try 1combo now, hope it works! I still am a big fan of this tactic, great formation and great field play as well.

This really inspires me a lot mate! Recently I have bought a new camera and taken too much time on this. I will switch back to the game soon, maybe tonight.

COMBO games on 13.2.3

Last night I had played three games with Leeds Utd, 2-2 Tottenham (PRM, Away, using 2COMBO), 1-0 win over Liverpool (PRM, Home, using 1COMBO and then 3COMBO, contain, play safer when down to 10 minutes left), 2-0 win over Doncaster (FA, Home, 1COMBO). Actually the result and performance is still good imo.

For Spurs game, actually we missed several key defenders due to various reasons. Gareth Bale scored his double solo goals when cutting inside on his own from the left wing. However, after the break I sub my DR out and set up my men to close down Bale and Tottenham just stopped scoring.

The images below show that 1COMBO still gets it on the new patch:

View attachment 312906View attachment 312907View attachment 312908View attachment 312909

My very first conclusion on COMBO performance on 13.2.3:

- 2COMBO will need a few tweak. It now leaves the opponent too much space outside the box. I am now thinking about pushing up the D-line a little bit. Maybe some more closing down right in the middle field and the two wingers should hang their positions up front waiting for their running chances. However at this moment, there is nothing for sure if tweaks are needed for 2COMBO or not, as I had just played 1 match with 2COMBO, against a strong squad of Spurs, and my men are even not the best one

- 1COMBO is still good in creating chances. You guys actually can start trying it for the new patch already. However the attackers (from both my side and opponent side) wasted a lot of their chances, most of them out of the net. I felt that they are too rush into placing shot. I am now thinking about use more Hold up the ball for more calm finish and maybe using play ball into box

So you guys may try old COMBO (13.2.2) on the new patch (13.2.3) and tell me what you saw on the field. That should really help me to get the best out of these tactics.

This is my sixth season with Liverpool F.C and my first using the new patch still using Combo 1 13.2.2, so far the wingers are cutting teams to pieces by cutting inside or sending in killer balls. Wellington Nem playing amazing like this, the best I've seen him.

Update 1
Also can't seems to be any too take screenshots of current game they not showing up any idea's

Update 2
Fixed problem, I'll get screenshots up tomorrow

Last edited: