Three-tactic-COMBO (Man Utd): CONQUER PL title! BANG Barcelona 6-2 Aggr! CL finalist!

Haha actually I hoped you lost it so you will be motivated to revenge next season therefore continue to use my tactics haha

however really thank you for screens. I was intended to test my tactics with top team to see how it works on 13.2.2 but now I just gonna stay focus on my next season with Leeds Utd.

Same here, now it's time for a me to sell old player and buy under 25 years

First of all I like to thank dzunglv for sharing these amazing tactic's :) So far with LFC I've won the following using your home tactic's, I use another tactic for away matches. Anyway I've won the following 3 Leagues, 2 FA Cup, 1 Capitol Cup, 1 Euro Cup, 1 CWC and 2 ECL

First of all I like to thank dzunglv for sharing these amazing tactic's :) So far with LFC I've won the following using your home tactic's, I use another tactic for away matches. Anyway I've won the following 3 Leagues, 2 FA Cup, 1 Capitol Cup, 1 Euro Cup, 1 CWC and 2 ECL

Cheer Scruffy_bear,

Can you show us some ss here. I would very appreciate that!

*Edit: Oh and what is your away tactic anyway, just a bit curious (6)

Last edited:
Same here, now it's time for a me to sell old player and buy under 25 years

Hi tiebreak and birdman2002,

I would like to use some of your screens as illustrations on my OP.

Thank again for your all hard work there, cheer!

Cheer Scruffy_bear,

Can you show us some ss here. I would very appreciate that!

*Edit: Oh and what is your away tactic anyway, just a bit curious (6)

Will do but it be tomorrow as I've got work in a hour tho I lost my end of season 3 save with is sad but I've got season 1,2,4 and halfway though season 5. I did used your away tactics for the first season maybe part of the second but then I used Mr Langvatn Underdog Beast I found I score more using it away tho I did just download the updated away tactics to use it to shut down matches home matches that I'm winning. Also my OP is very much the same as the one you using with Leeds.

hi there! just a quick update on how my Chelsea save is going.

Its going really well, ive lost 2 games so far, 3-2 away too United and 3-2 away too Dortmund, approaching march! Very impressive indeed! I dont score too many goals, i think this is due to my poor strikers ( Ba, Torres and Lukaku ). Defense looks solid.

Only thing i have to address is the OI you suggets. Particullary when i put marking on the striker, he shines every time! I had 72% possession at home too arsenal, arsenal had 3 shots on goal and giroud scored twice! Same thing happened against dortmund, Lewandowski scored a hat-trick while beeing tacled hard, marked, pressed to weak foot and put preasure on! Also both oposition full backs AND wingers goes completely as they please even though i put marking on them in the OI. Why is this?

Exept for this, delighted so far! Top of the league with 5! games in hand, reached Capitol 1 final and still in it for the Champions league...

Its going really well, ive lost 2 games so far, 3-2 away too United and 3-2 away too Dortmund, approaching march! Very impressive indeed! I dont score too many goals, i think this is due to my poor strikers ( Ba, Torres and Lukaku ). Defense looks solid.

Only thing i have to address is the OI you suggets. Particullary when i put marking on the striker, he shines every time! I had 72% possession at home too arsenal, arsenal had 3 shots on goal and giroud scored twice! Same thing happened against dortmund, Lewandowski scored a hat-trick while beeing tacled hard, marked, pressed to weak foot and put preasure on! Also both oposition full backs AND wingers goes completely as they please even though i put marking on them in the OI. Why is this?

Exept for this, delighted so far! Top of the league with 5! games in hand, reached Capitol 1 final and still in it for the Champions league...

Hi Runeaa,

Still now my OI instruction seems to not really work for top teams. I guess Leeds Utd with weak defenders can use it more efficiently.

And for the striker, please check again my guide, only Mark always, not tackle and show weaker foot:). But the striker's OI is just a small thing. I think if generally, the guide does not work for you, please stop using it, until I figure out why. Be keen on me hehe.

And cheer mate, for the top result!

Will do but it be tomorrow as I've got work in a hour tho I lost my end of season 3 save with is sad but I've got season 1,2,4 and halfway though season 5. I did used your away tactics for the first season maybe part of the second but then I used Mr Langvatn Underdog Beast I found I score more using it away tho I did just download the updated away tactics to use it to shut down matches home matches that I'm winning. Also my OP is very much the same as the one you using with Leeds.

Wow if you use my tactics for several consequent seasons but still the AI cannot catch your tactics, it must be a really good news for me.

Anyway, keep me posted on updated COMBO mate :D

Lol....nah I'm not upset....just a bit miffed!

They scored one from a corner, one from a deepish cross after a corner was headed out of the area and one from a byline cross after their ridiculously high line won the ball on the half way line.

Looking at the highlights, they were pressing me to death. My players had no space or time on the ball.

I did however deploy a set of shouts against my next opponents who were also dominating me a little....

Football Manager 2013 Shouts - Change your tactic setup easy | Passion for Football Manager

I used the exploit the flanks set and it provided my team with way more space and more accurate passing.

HI mcbgun,

I know these comments we have made long time ago but today when setting set-piece setting before the season starts I just remind about this comment of you.

So, I think if you set one of your play to Close down corner in Defend corner setting you will avoid the crossing after the ball is out of the box after the corner taking. One of your AML or AMR will take this. The faster one of those will stand on the edge to attack on the break.

Oh well and also if you want to keep using OI, please pay attention when the opponent change their tactic i.e. when they change from 1 striker formation to 2 striker formation. I think it is useful if you set Mark always to all their strikers who sit on the bench before the match starts.

HI mcbgun,

I know these comments we have made long time ago but today when setting set-piece setting before the season starts I just remind about this comment of you.

So, I think if you set one of your play to Close down corner in Defend corner setting you will avoid the crossing after the ball is out of the box after the corner taking. One of your AML or AMR will take this. The faster one of those will stand on the edge to attack on the break.

Just catching up with the thread having been away for a bit. I'll implement your suggestions as well as incorporate your OP updates. Many thanks!

View attachment 304741View attachment 304739View attachment 304740really strugling with away games in my 2nd season.. cant score and allways conceed using combo 2! i generally allways conceed many goals with both tactics.. I basicly conceed goals from everywhere, my defence looks completely unsettled, i had to turn off reruns of the goals i got so anoyed! Oposition playes score from crosses with 1 player in my box while i have all my defenders inside my box! It doesent help to beat WBA 8-0 at home when the next 2 away games against Norwich and Sunderland ends 1-1. Do you normally strugle more in 2nd season aswell? can i do anything with training to fix this? i let my assistant ( cruyiff ) do my OI. also, do you guys really train ballcontroll in general training like suggested? it doesent work at all for me...

Also, it takes forever to get 100% fluid with the tactics! im in november now and still not 100%! i have trained tactic since pre-season!! its the same "damm" tactics that i used last season!! this is weird..

Also, my players make crazy many longshots! even after i have turned all players longshots too rare.. why is this?

PS : as you can see from the SS`s all away games is a huuge opstical. Also to show where my shots come from, even after i put all players on RARE longshots

Last edited:
View attachment 304741View attachment 304739View attachment 304740really strugling with away games in my 2nd season.. cant score and allways conceed using combo 2! i generally allways conceed many goals with both tactics.. I basicly conceed goals from everywhere, my defence looks completely unsettled, i had to turn off reruns of the goals i got so anoyed! Oposition playes score from crosses with 1 player in my box while i have all my defenders inside my box! It doesent help to beat WBA 8-0 at home when the next 2 away games against Norwich and Sunderland ends 1-1. Do you normally strugle more in 2nd season aswell? can i do anything with training to fix this? i let my assistant ( cruyiff ) do my OI. also, do you guys really train ballcontroll in general training like suggested? it doesent work at all for me...

Also, it takes forever to get 100% fluid with the tactics! im in november now and still not 100%! i have trained tactic since pre-season!! its the same "damm" tactics that i used last season!! this is weird..

Also, my players make crazy many longshots! even after i have turned all players longshots too rare.. why is this?

PS : as you can see from the SS`s all away games is a huuge opstical. Also to show where my shots come from, even after i put all players on RARE longshots

Hi runeea,

really sorry about this mate,

Do you start the match with Work ball into box?

but i think it is due to your low D-line. The symptom is that your boys take a lot of Long shot. Let's use work ball into box + increase Strategy .This is like what I said on OP.

for OI do not let your assistant do it alone by himself. Try mark tight + tackle hard + show foot for all opponents FBs, WBs, AMR, AML. Also please pay attention on the opponent's formation change. They normally push FB to WB or AML to ML.. if they cannot score.

Don't train ball control. I train "fitness" in summer and team cohension when season starts. After like 2 weaks I change to Balance.

For the familiarity I get almost full for these 2 tactics before september even comes. The trick is firstly just add one of them in July. Train fitness+ tactic only. You should familiar with the first before August, arrange more friendly if you want, then add the second tactic, change to Team cohension + teamwork. When in season you may change to Attck movement or defend setpiece (depend on home or away game) + balance. The slider is on the left side before they are all familiar, afer that slide it to the right.

And one more thing, how many players have you signed? Don't put 4 of new players into a match. Some invisible teamwork and connection between players you know.

If you still find it struggling, upload your save and give me the link. I will look into it for you.

Edit: for away game again very weak teams, try 3combo first.

Last edited:
View attachment 304905

I just cant belive games like this!!! Anderlecht had scored 2 goals in the grp stage before playing me, this just tells me that there is something wrong with my defence! I played Cole - Terry - Papadopolous - Ivanovic this game, with Mikel and M`vila as CM`s, thats basicly 6 defensive players! How can i conceed like this?? As you can see they score 3 goals with 2!! shots on goal!! Id rather win 2-0 than 5-3, for me defence is very important! This happens after ive trained Defence in general and also defensive positioning as match prep for almost a month! How do i fix this man?

PS : used Combo 3 for this game as Anderlecht had 0 points after 5 games in the grp stage and looked like a bad team..

View attachment 304906

Destroyed by Arsenal! really suffering against 4-1-2-2-1 tactics, like Wenger and Villas-Boas. Arsenal got 24 shots, 10 on goal while playing defensive.. this just shouldnt happen....

View attachment 304905

I just cant belive games like this!!! Anderlecht had scored 2 goals in the grp stage before playing me, this just tells me that there is something wrong with my defence! I played Cole - Terry - Papadopolous - Ivanovic this game, with Mikel and M`vila as CM`s, thats basicly 6 defensive players! How can i conceed like this?? As you can see they score 3 goals with 2!! shots on goal!! Id rather win 2-0 than 5-3, for me defence is very important! This happens after ive trained Defence in general and also defensive positioning as match prep for almost a month! How do i fix this man?

PS : used Combo 3 for this game as Anderlecht had 0 points after 5 games in the grp stage and looked like a bad team..

Is this the first season you sign papa doupoulous though? as I remeber, he is not the tall defender out there, also his jumping and concentration is not really high. If this is the firsttime he comes to Chelsea, i think u should give him a little time to settle to your squad.

Ok, ill play David Luiz then, unthill Kyriakos is ready...

View attachment 304905

Hi Runeea,

First game new season, Away game Leeds Utd against Newcastle. 0-0 draw but I see the same what you described! Too many long shots from us and they cannot direct to goal. Also, Newcastle have many chances with crossing-heading tactic. So here what I did: 2COMBO, Work ball into box, change Strategy to Control, remove the ticked box on the left side of Close down slider for FBs.

Check this mate! And try to get familiar with the tactics soon. I think it will be better if you focus familiar with just one tactic first. you can add the second later by the way. Don't rush it.