Tomas Rosicky under investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That being said, I don't think there is actually an investigation going - especially due to the fact that France is the one who's investigating it? Not England?
Apparently Interpol is based in France. Would explain why the rumors are coming out of France.

If this is being drawn out of nothing, and naming the player and official, they're going down a very hard legal battle, this must have derived from something.
They better hope something comes of it. Otherwise Rosicky has every right to sue their *****.

It does sound like a lot of balls, but if there is an investigation I highly doubt Interpol would get involved for no good reason.

People saying, one player cant control the outcome and throw away a 4 goal lead. Its betting irregularties mentioned. Rosicky wanting Arsenal to win, as an Arsenal player would.

Plenty of ways to make money without losing the match or dropping points. How do we know there wasnt alot of money bet on Arsenal to conceed 2 or 3 goals in 2nd half, irregardless of the final result. Bribing in Phil Dowd, 2 penalties given, Rosicky playing Best onside, then giving the penalty away after it was disallowed. Im just theorising here of course, but its possible. Dare say the odds of the match ending a draw would be shorter than Arsenal to win but conceeding 3 min including pens.

For those that don't know who Interpol are, they are the International Criminal Police Organization, so this must be a serious case a "fixing" if found guilty.
Are you sure it is not the band from America?

*Sigh*

As if the result wasn't embarrassing enough for us Arsenal fans, they come up with this?

:mad:

what so phil dowd paid rosicky to give away fouls or the other way round? Either way it's probably BS

what are we talking about here please??? what can you realistically bet on in a match in running?? next scorer?? team to score next?? final result?? it can't be the draw because tiote hit that from what 20 25 yards so cant be that can it but maybe newcastle to score next possibly?? in my opinion any player connected to gambling banned for LIFE if there is any truth in this then it is disgraceful

It does sound like a lot of balls, but if there is an investigation I highly doubt Interpol would get involved for no good reason.

I don't think the debate is regarding the validity of an investigation, more that an investigation would actually take place.

The game wasn't rigged, the Arsenal fans aren't looking for an excuse, and nobody is denying Newcastle of the hard work and determination they put in.

Its grade-A baloney.

what are we talking about here please??? what can you realistically bet on in a match in running?? next scorer?? team to score next?? final result?? it can't be the draw because tiote hit that from what 20 25 yards so cant be that can it but maybe newcastle to score next possibly?? in my opinion any player connected to gambling banned for LIFE if there is any truth in this then it is disgraceful

You serious? Of course you can bet in game. You can bet on anything, who will have the next corner. Who to score first. How the next goal will be scored (header, left foot etc)

And why should players be banned for life for gambling? Players shouldnt be on their own matches unless they bet for their own team to win, because thats what their playing for anyway.

Probably a nothing story as Joss has been rather biasly saying alot, but it's not even a story yet. It's just a rumour coming out about Interpol investigating bets made by Rosicky. And with how betting is nowadays, where you can bet on basically anything related to football, I'm sure it's just a formality and nothing else will be heard of.
Cause he could of bet Arsenal winning at halftime, but the game ending in a draw which wouldn't stand out in say a 1-1 draw, but with 4-4 it will.

Arsenal to release a statement tomorrow (today technically).

Well, it looked suspicious, and interpol are looking into it because it does have financial complications.

Not sure what to make of the supposed financial transaction between the ref and rosicky, did tomas buy a tv from him or something after the game?

I'm not going to jump to conclussions one way or another, but certain situations are always looked at just in case. Saying it's stupid or a way for gunner fans to justify the draw is short sighted tbh.

Incredibly dumb. I mean, does Rosicky knows for sure that he will be able to come off the bench let alone influence the outcome of the game? I'm pretty sure if there some shady dealings between Rosicky and those paying him it would be done prior to the game, no?

Utter bullshit.

I don't know.... Some of the things Tomas did were a bit dubious....Especially that flimsy foul and the ref not hesitating and Rosicky hardly reacting.

If it is true that Interpol are investigating them then it's probably a serious thing.

Does anyone remember the time where Arsenal gave away 3 goals in the last 10 mins against Wigan?

Does anyone remember the time where Arsenal gave away 3 goals in the last 10 mins against Wigan?
What does that have to do with anything?

This is about the possible investigation about match fixing.

You serious? Of course you can bet in game. You can bet on anything, who will have the next corner. Who to score first. How the next goal will be scored (header, left foot etc)

And why should players be banned for life for gambling? Players shouldnt be on their own matches unless they bet for their own team to win, because thats what their playing for anyway.

players should be banned for life for gambling on football because it can question the integrity of the game. its a murky world sports betting as has been shown with the pakistani cricket team. they earn enough money as it is and should not have anything to do with gambling. because when results like this happens you will always have a doubt in your mind.

even betting on your own team can be questioned what if you are good friends with members of the opposition? what if players took bets on behalf of opposition player that they where friends with because they knew they would lose. so they did not try at all when the match was being played can you not see where this sort of thing leads.

Last edited:
Apparently Interpol is based in France. Would explain why the rumors are coming out of France.

Interpol based in Lyon :)

Ohh I see. Yeah didn't realized it before.

My bad. I'm fron faraway land in Asia lol.

__

But then again, why is only Rosicky is the focus of investigation?
Even if he tried to lose the game on purpose by giving chances to the opponent aren't there another 10 guys who (if not involved) is fighting to win?

One man alone can't throw away the game.

The referee decision on the penalties looks to be more 'investigation-worthy', isn't it?

I smell bullshit, cant see it at all, Arsenal were just a tad rubbish in the second half.

Ohh I see. Yeah didn't realized it before.

My bad. I'm fron faraway land in Asia lol.

__

But then again, why is only Rosicky is the focus of investigation?
Even if he tried to lose the game on purpose by giving chances to the opponent aren't there another 10 guys who (if not involved) is fighting to win?

One man alone can't throw away the game.

The referee decision on the penalties looks to be more 'investigation-worthy', isn't it?

Ref is being investigated aswell. And they are investing Rosicky because he made bets. Could easily have been the whole team, but having a whole team betting the same thing would just scream match fixing. So Rosicky could be the fall guy maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.