Top Premier footie ace is 'on cocaine'

• Thread starter Thread starter CtPauley
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 139
  • Views Views 16K
whoever it is, if true, and the player was involved in a transfer and the selling club knew he'd been on drugs but witheld this information from the buying club, then surely the buying club can sue?

Claiming a druggy footballer as a misrepresented good would be an epic court case.

Claiming a druggy footballer as a misrepresented good would be an epic court case.

excuse my retardness (i'm overly-tired) but care to put that into English for me? :P

Here's a question: If he tested positive, wouldnt he have been banned at some point?

Here's a question: If he tested positive, wouldnt he have been banned at some point?

Maybe it was a non-official test by the club, and they tried to keep it on the hush, presumably to sell him on. :P Or it's a total non-story!

which is why I was thinking.. Vermaelen's one-week ''injury'', which turned into 8 months. And didn't Carroll have an injury?

Maybe Steven Gerrard's groin isn't really that bad ;)

What are the odds they are actually still talking about Mutu?

excuse my retardness (i'm overly-tired) but care to put that into English for me? :P

You have to advertise the good properly to the buyer. e.g. If you sell a car you have to declare faults with it, you can't tell them it's a working car and deliver them one with no wheels on. ;) Like if you sell a football player you should declare he's a cokehead. :P

What are the odds they are actually still talking about Mutu?

That would be absolutely typical.

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

You have to advertise the good properly to the buyer. e.g. If you sell a car you have to declare faults with it, you can't tell them it's a working car and deliver them one with no wheels on. ;) Like if you sell a football player you should declare he's a cokehead. :P

Makes me wonder why SAF didn't try and get any money back for Bebe after they misrepresented him as being good.

That would be absolutely typical.

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

Makes me wonder why SAF didn't try and get any money back for Bebe after they misrepresented him as being good.

Or Hargreaves as a man that had knees.

Love you Hargo. <3

Or Hargreaves as a man that had knees.

Love you Hargo. <3

Vidic as a man who had a straight nose.

Dimitar Berbatov as a hard-working target man.

Ryan Giggs as... I dunno, someone human.

Probably because nobody actually told him he was good. Well, maybe Queiroz, but he wasn't the seller. In any case that would've been a dishonest business practice but I'm not sure it's illegal.

What was it 7-8 M wasted ;)

Glass houses, Calum. When your club buys Francis Jeffers for £8 mil in 2001, you don't so much have no legs to stand on as no torso, arms or even neck.

Now, going back to topic, if any of you like tennis and have been following it you probably know Del Potro, who was top 5 at some point, spent a whole year 'injured'. A good friend of my family, who is a tennis coach, told me that he actually won the US Open on performance-enhancing drugs and spent a year cleaning up. Just using it as an example, as it's a well known practice in certain circles. So it wouldn't actually be far fetched for some of the 'injured' players to be actually cokeheads trying to get that **** out of their system.

Back