Torres hamstring injury

hope Hodgson is sensible and gives him the rest he needs, i hope he gets fit quickly, as he is a fantastic player, even if he plays for liverpool, him, Rooney and Drogba all went into this WC with knock's and its deflated their performances unforunately.

Which, again, inevitably won't happen, he's a key player for any side, be it Liverpool or Chelsea or Man City or Barca

look at it this way.....would u rather he stay out 2-3 months and then come back razor sharp and bag goals or would you rather play him 85 percent fit in all games and have him score few goals?

Isn't his name just an anagram of Vorinin?!

no?

oh...

Beggars and choosers mate. You're a Geordie, you should have learnt that lesson from your big summer signing being Gosling ;)

Beggars and choosers mate. You're a Geordie, you should have learnt that lesson from your big summer signing being Gosling ;)

Hey hey, don't diss the Gos man, hes a proven Premier league bench warmer! ;)

Hey hey, don't diss the Gos man, hes a proven Premier league bench warmer! ;)

:D

I heard he scored a goal in a tic-tac advert once too. Didn't see it mind, so not sure if I believe it - them bluenoses lie so much ;)

Meh. He was having treatment on the sidelines before going to get his medal. Missus (Chelsea fan) said "look on the bright side, he'll be staying with you lot til January if he's crocked". Half-full, half-empty feeling if you know what I mean. Was horrid to see him flailing about this world cup trying to get match fit. You want to see the best players in the world playing at their best, not half-crocked and unfit like so many of them were this time round.

hope Hodgson is sensible and gives him the rest he needs, i hope he gets fit quickly, as he is a fantastic player, even if he plays for liverpool, him, Rooney and Drogba all went into this WC with knock's and its deflated their performances unforunately.

I think that Rooney was also deflated by Capello's tactics and Drogba probably cause he was not playing in a team of good players like he is used to for Chelsea

Vicente Del Bosque gave Torres enough chances to find form in the World Cup until the semi-finals where he decided enough was enough

Maxi. Kuyt's problem up front is that he's not clinical enough from open play. If he goes with his instincts, he tends to bury them. If he has time to think, he tends to miss.

Wasn't maxi just on loan?

Maxi. Kuyt's problem up front is that he's not clinical enough from open play. If he goes with his instincts, he tends to bury them. If he has time to think, he tends to miss.

The thing about Kuyt is that he can also defend when required,not a full blown out defender but he can track back when required and do a decent job the only reason he is striker only in name is because he in not clinical infront of goal like David Villa or Drogba,Rooney

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 AM ----------

Wasn't maxi just on loan?

I think they bought him nooO)

I think that Rooney was also deflated by Capello's tactics and Drogba probably cause he was not playing in a team of good players like he is used to for Chelsea

Vicente Del Bosque gave Torres enough chances to find form in the World Cup until the semi-finals where he decided enough was enough

Drogba had a broken arm - that's what hindered him, not the squad around him, which, might I add, is a team of good players anyway. Well, good players and Kalou.

Del Bosque had some guts to drop Torres, to be honest. I'm wondering what could've happened if Capello had done the same with Rooney.

liverpool shape will be interesting to see, will they stick with 4-2-3-1 under roy? cant say i remeber him playing it, but maybe i wasnt paying enough attention

liverpool shape will be interesting to see, will they stick with 4-2-3-1 under roy? cant say i remeber him playing it, but maybe i wasnt paying enough attention

That's a good point, but I really can't see them playing any other formation as this one suits them so well. Gerrard playing off Torres, who's a complete striker, with two buccaneering fullbacks, two destroyers and two hard-working wingers. The shape suits all of their personnel well, and its hard to see them changing to something like a 4-3-3. Possibly a 4-4-1-1, but that's even more defensive than Rafa.

Poor guy. So much talent, so many injuries.

No idea mate. May have some clue when we see what's left of the squad after this summer but I'm not even going to attempt to guess before I know who'll be playing for us ;)

They're now saying he's pulled his groin. *lesigh* Cue Daily Fail article on his move to Chelsea now being in doubt (and yes the Daily Fail has got it up already...).

has never looked fit for this world cup and like i said few weeks ago you have to start questioning how fit is he mentally. injurys can pay a massive part in a decline ov footballers regardless ov the age, take michael owen for instance. i fear for torres i really do i said this a litte while ago and it just keeps getting worse for the lad, will proberly move back to spain now i believe.

Liverpool said they wont sell him for less than 100 million but that was before the world cup final. He was going to get 3 weeks off before returning to Liverpool but now he will get longer, this injury may help him in the long run as he will be able to rest for a few months.