Torres targets goal against Reds

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
New Chelsea signing Fernando Torres is hoping to score against former club Liverpool when the teams meet at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.

More...

Really? Why would he want to score. Amazing.

Reckon he will get 1 though.

If you read it, he doesn't say that he targets a goal but he feels it is his destiny and if he plays he will do his best. Title of the thread is kind of misleading

Is he serious? He's just losing more and more respect from the fans. The way he's going, he's gonna do an Owen..

Shouldn't he be targeting goals, full stop? he hasn't been particularly prolific this season

What a **** first says liverpool arent a big club now this

What a **** first says liverpool arent a big club now this

"I think this is the target for every footballer, to try and play in one of the top level clubs in the world and I can do it now."

As if the crowd need any more reason to abuse him at the weekend....

Is he serious? He's just losing more and more respect from the fans. The way he's going, he's gonna do an Owen..

He already is Owen in my eyes.

I think Liverpool got a good deal, off form (ish) and injury prone and £50m for him. And got 2 able replacements in at only about £8m for than you got for him, I'd call that very smart business really.

he's gonna get booed whenever he touches the ball on Sunday!

he's gonna get booed whenever he touches the ball on Sunday!

wont be able to hear it though, Chelsea fans will be rocking as we feel we have got one over on Pool. Why wouldnt he want to score, he is a striker after all.

I've got past my depressed phase of him going now.
Just wish him all the best, he's the type of player that deserves trophies, he just won't win them at Stamford Bridge.

Also, hope he doesn't expect to be backed how he was by us when he's injured every 4 weeks.

Would've been so much better if this game had been at Anfield.
Gunna be a good game, looking forward to what kind of reception he gets from his ex team mates, don't expect Stevie to be too friendly.

As hard as it is for us, a good career move for him and now it's up to him to do his best for his new team.
I'm excited about this Suarez, Carrol partnership anyway and even though Carrol was overpriced I think it'll be successful.

At the end of the day current day Chelsea are a better side than Liverpool simple as that. Liverpool are a bigger club but not a better club current day.

I know a lot off Liverpool fans and they all still like him and hope he does well, just not on Sunday! I think Liverpool would be a lot more bitter if they wouldn't off signed Suarez and Carroll.

wont be able to hear it though, Chelsea fans will be rocking as we feel we have got one over on Pool. Why wouldnt he want to score, he is a striker after all.

Got one over? 50m fore an off form striker, yeah, nice one.

I don't understand Torres, I honestly think he was too scared to save liverpool's season so he took the easy way out and jumped ship. I hate Luis Suarez, but I hope he and Carroll do really well and prove to Fernando that nobody is better than Liverpool Football club (as Dalglish said)

Chelsea's fans are never rocking, you can hear a pin drop in Stamford Bridge on the noisiest of nights. He wouldn't want to score as we're the club that made him who he is, a club he supposedly 'loved'. All the best Nando, I know I'll never boo him, that can't be said for the majority though, and I don't blame those who do. :)