Torres will improve - Ancelotti

Played 1 game and Chelsea feel the need to tell their fans that he will get better? Seems abit silly.

I like neither Torres or Chelsea but I'm never one to turn away a challenge. I love the transfer window and always like a big change. I just hope Torres does well and I think he will do but as people have said, don't write him off after one game. It was a massive job for him to play his debut against his former team, so much pressure.

Like is said because of the hype over Torres he will get the full slack for this defeat when everyone was as poor as each other. Torres had a few decent touches in the 1st half and got slipped in once by Drogba but it needs working on simple as that. Makes me laugh people are writting him off allready, he will score goals for Chelsea and their is no dout about it.

Also people labelling him the next Shevchenko?? Grow up please, Shevchenko came to England when he was 30 and in my opinion too late in his carrer. He also came into a side where the manager DIDNT want him so how must that had made him feel??

Its poor that this is the way of the people now days that one poor game and hes a flop, Chelsea need to work on a new system and its a system Ancelotti knows well from his Milan days. It was just one of them days where all the hype and pressure was on Chelsea and Liverpool knew that and they used it very well against us and fair play to them.

Yawn, Torres is **** and washed up, get over it..... He will never be the same again after his injury

Yawn, Torres is **** and washed up, get over it..... He will never be the same again after his injury
He will never be the same again after he got a haircut. ;)
I believe Torres can bounce back from his bad performances but not now.....after Drogba retires.

Ancelotti should play:

Cech
Ivanovic-Luiz-Terry-Cole
Essien-Mikel
Anelka-Lampard-Malouda
Torres/Drogba​

They're not going to be able to form a partnership, so rotate them until Drogba leaves.

Drogba is like 1000 years old and hasn't really been that good this season, maybe they should just let him leave in July? Probably the best if they want Torres to start scoring, Drogba is just getting in the way..

Absolutely stupid if people were expecting wonders from him straight away. Give the guy a chance to gel!

With the introduction of torres to the Blues team I beleive Carlo Ancoloti made a grieve mistake, he decided on a 3 pronged attack and yes they have 3 good strikers but that doesn't mean they should all play. Especially as it resulted in Drogba being played far too wide... he was humble and allowed Torres to have the centre but this couped with the lack of width in midfield made the alwys likely to drop points I must admit I still didn't beleive Pool where strong enough to come away with all the points however that is the brilliance of Gerrade brilliant ball in.

However saying all this i beleive that he will improove when the change there system to a 4-4-2 system. Him and Drogba will be devastating.

On the other hand liverpool wasted the revenue by purchasing an injured unproven striker and a albeit good but real a*#hole in Suarez anyone remember Ghana!

I think Chelsea should get rid of either Anelka or Drogba. As crazy as that may sound, I don't think a team can have 3 world class strikers. Look at Man Utd, we used to have Tevez, Berbatov and Rooney as our strikers and how that turned up - an unhappy Tevez. One of these 3 is bound to be unhappy and it's quite tough to play all three at the same time. The formation Chelsea played last night is too crowded in the middle, limiting Lampard and Essien's ability to roam and destroy. Anelka didn't look too comfortable playing deep either.

See the Torres to Chelsea thread, all the pool fans were admonishing their defense.

It's true that until KK took over & he brought in Steve Clarke, the back four had been suffering from the jitters all season, hence the crappy goals against stat. The change to our now miserley defence has been quite remarkable - a combination of improved organisation at the back & the correct tactics being used in games are the reasons no doubt, along with the newly galvanised players, who under Hodgson had been playing like novices without any confidence.

Torres WILL improve - as from where he's at now, the only way is up.

I know Drogba has had his problems this season with malaria and i know from people that have had it that it can effect you for a good 6months but maybe with that his confidence and some of his physical ability has gone too. If i had to chose before the Liverpool game one of either Drogba or Anelka to leave in the summer i would have chosen Anelka but now i think the pendulum has swung the other way. Drogba is 33 in March where Anelka has 2 years on him and Nico can play wide in a front 3 whereas Drogba cant. I say get Sturridge back in the summer let Drogba go so we will have Torres at the spearhead of the 3 with 2 of either Kalou, Sturridge and Malouda either side. Plus a 4-3-3 gets the best out of Lampard and Essien so it makes sence that way too.

It comes a time when you have to look at a players age and attitude and say maybe its time. Drogba could move back to Marseille and play for another 2-3 maybe more seasons and give back to the team that made him.

It's true that until KK took over & he brought in Steve Clarke, the back four had been suffering from the jitters all season, hence the crappy goals against stat. The change to our now miserley defence has been quite remarkable - a combination of improved organisation at the back & the correct tactics being used in games are the reasons no doubt, along with the newly galvanised players, who under Hodgson had been playing like novices without any confidence.

Torres WILL improve - as from where he's at now, the only way is up.

Steve Clarke can work wonders. He is immense....

No doubt Torres will improve, i think this season he'll be a so-so player but next season, i think he'll be out of control....Or at least i hope so....

You could say the same about Rooney. Torres is not **** he is one of the worlds best strikers and needs time to gel. Everyones going on about his performance like they expected him to hit a hat trick in the opening 5 minutes.

Hardly had a sniff yesterday, and when he did Carragher was there to say otherwise. He will improve once he gets used to Chelsea's style off play, can't really get a lot worse to be honest.

Chelsea, Ancelotti etc, need to learn that they're not going to be able to have this unbelievable 3 man attack. Torres will never be able to adapt to play with Drogba and Anelka, or even just Drogba for that matter. He is a lone striker, always has been always will be. You have to play to HIS requirements to get the best out of him, and if you don't.. Well, we all know the consequences.

U seem to be making all these deductions without any solid evidence, Torres has played 12 games this season with a striker partner and countless games the seasons before with a striker partner

Neither do you present evidence that he cannot combine with Drogba, ur only evidence is that he is alone striker which is flawed logic at its best considering he was playing with a strike partner in At Madrid too and thats where he was born as you might say

U seem to be making all these deductions without any solid evidence, Torres has played 12 games this season with a striker partner and countless games the seasons before with a striker partner

Neither do you present evidence that he cannot combine with Drogba, ur only evidence is that he is alone striker which is flawed logic at its best considering he was playing with a strike partner in At Madrid too and thats where he was born as you might say

We'll see, he played as a lone striker for Atletico btw...

Whenever he was partnered with N'gog this season he played poorly.