Torres will improve - Ancelotti

We'll see, he played as a lone striker for Atletico btw...

Whenever he was partnered with N'gog this season he played poorly.

cos he was partnered with N'Gog, hardly complement each other perfectly and he has played with a strike partner in his previous seasons with Liverpool, hardly did bad

You could say the same about Rooney. Torres is not **** he is one of the worlds best strikers and needs time to gel. Everyones going on about his performance like they expected him to hit a hat trick in the opening 5 minutes.

The same is supposed to be said about Rooney. And Torres has had plenty of time to show his worth during this time in Liverpool and he is not worth 50 million. Not even 20... Although I do agree that too high expectations were set on him before the game, I still believe that Torres will never recover to the way he was. The injury took him out for too long. Rooney has also lost it.

You could say the same about Rooney. Torres is not **** he is one of the worlds best strikers and needs time to gel. Everyones going on about his performance like they expected him to hit a hat trick in the opening 5 minutes.

This is how we felt when you were posting on Berbatov. ;)

Drogba and Torres both play well as lone strikers, dont know how they work as partnership.

This is how we felt when you were posting on Berbatov. ;)

Drogba and Torres both play well as lone strikers, dont know how they work as partnership.

they can work as a partnership, people keep making wild deductions after they failed in their FIRST game together

obviously you are not one of those lads but yeah been hearing this alot lately

The same is supposed to be said about Rooney. And Torres has had plenty of time to show his worth during this time in Liverpool and he is not worth 50 million. Not even 20... Although I do agree that too high expectations were set on him before the game, I still believe that Torres will never recover to the way he was. The injury took him out for too long. Rooney has also lost it.

I agree Torres wont be as great as he was say in 2008 etc but its ridiculous when people say his **** etc and is no longer a good player because that clearly isnt true he can still find the back of the net on many occations on form and is still one of the worlds bests strikers.

they can work as a partnership, people keep making wild deductions after they failed in their FIRST game together

obviously you are not one of those lads but yeah been hearing this alot lately

I'm not saying Torres will flop, i said as a partnership I'm not sure.

cos he was partnered with N'Gog, hardly complement each other perfectly and he has played with a strike partner in his previous seasons with Liverpool, hardly did bad

They compliment eachother pretty well, N'gog holds the ball up brilliantly, don't reckon Torres'd ever work to full effect with a striker partner, even Drogba.

They compliment eachother pretty well, N'gog holds the ball up brilliantly, don't reckon Torres'd ever work to full effect with a striker partner, even Drogba.

I'd think he will add a new dimension to our game, we have lacked a striker who has got pace like him and top-drawer finishing, plus if we play Torres as alone striker we have to keep the ball on the ground, if we play Drogba upfront with him we can easily switch between hoofing long balls up to Drogba with Torres and Anelka playing off him

I'd think he will add a new dimension to our game, we have lacked a striker who has got pace like him and top-drawer finishing, plus if we play Torres as alone striker we have to keep the ball on the ground, if we play Drogba upfront with him we can easily switch between hoofing long balls up to Drogba with Torres and Anelka playing off him

I'm not saying it won't work period. I am just saying you'll get nowhere near the best out of Torres unless you play him as a lone striker and feed him balls into channels. We'll see what happens eh.

Ben;970903[B said:
]I'm not saying it won't work period[/B]. I am just saying you'll get nowhere near the best out of Torres unless you play him as a lone striker and feed him balls into channels. We'll see what happens eh.

Chelsea, Ancelotti etc, need to learn that they're not going to be able to have this unbelievable 3 man attack. Torres will never be able to adapt to play with Drogba and Anelka, or even just Drogba for that matter. He is a lone striker, always has been always will be. You have to play to HIS requirements to get the best out of him, and if you don't.. Well, we all know the consequences.

basically every sentence u posted in ur first reply to this thread contradicts your most recent post

basically every sentence u posted in ur first reply to this thread contradicts your most recent post

It doesn't. It may work to an effect but he will never be able to adapt to a 3 man attack or a partnership. He may score a few goals and play okay, but if he isn't played as a lone striker he'll never play to his full potential. The 3 man attack will never get the best out of your 3 strikers.

Got it yet?

Can't really expect a guy to be at his best against his former club. He was under huge pressure, shown by his nervous display. A combination of great Liverpool defending and poor Chelsea attacking meant that Torres hardly had a chance. Give him chances and he will score. He is still one of the best strikers in the world

It doesn't. It may work to an effect but he will never be able to adapt to a 3 man attack or a partnership. He may score a few goals and play okay, but if he isn't played as a lone striker he'll never play to his full potential. The 3 man attack will never get the best out of your 3 strikers.

Got it yet?

what? Now you are making more deductions without clear evidence to support your claims

Chelsea remind me of a young kid just starting football manager.. we need to get better.. LET'S BUY RONALDINHO. I still don't see how buying Torres for £50 million will improve them. They've just tried a big signing in order to scare the Premier League..

I don't need evidence to form an opinion.

systematically, yes you dont but the way you word your posts it seems like you are making deductions, my bad i may have been too paranoid or whatever and will drop this now :)

---------- Post added at 05:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 AM ----------

Chelsea remind me of a young kid just starting football manager.. we need to get better.. LET'S BUY RONALDINHO. I still don't see how buying Torres for £50 million will improve them. They've just tried a big signing in order to scare the Premier League..

we need players, btw Torres is one of the best strikers in the world, how can he not improve any team?

Or maybe because Drogba and Anelka are getting on a bit and we need a class striker who can be our long-term replacement? *Sigh*

Anyway, I think in the summer we will have a massive clearout with the likes of Drogba, Anelka, Malouda, and maybe Alex all going. Although we have signed two very good players in this transfer window, we have failed to address our main problem. That we lack creativity. If anyone watched the game yesterday, we had a fair amount of the ball and all we did was pass it back and sideways, no one had that spark to put a ball through the defense, something like Modric would do.

Torres will certainly improve for us, but I doubt he will get to his best form with the current players we have. Torres would thrive in a team like Spurs with the creativity they possess with the likes of Modric, VDV, Bale, and Lennon.Until we get a quality creative midfielder we won't see the best of Torres.

Last edited:
systematically, yes you dont but the way you word your posts it seems like you are making deductions, my bad i may have been too paranoid or whatever and will drop this now :)

I formed my opinion on his past games as a striker in a 2 man attack. Look at the Torres from how he was played under Rafa compared to how he was played in a 2 man attack under Woy.. Hence my opinion. :)