Torres will improve - Ancelotti

I think his debut is the answer to that question.

So if you dont hit the ground running then the transfer was a flop yer. How about Drogba?? Was average for just over a year and then look what happend?? Lampard was average for just over a year, was he not worth his price tag?? Seems like you follow the media as you are in the group that you expect a player who has a high transfer fee to be impecable from the off.

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Lets not forget Ancelotti is pretty good and fluent with his tactics. He has already said if Drogba and Torres cant play together upfront then i will drop one of them back with Anelka and play 2 behind the striker. I dont see Torres doing this but i could easily see Drogba doing it as i have seen him dropping back more and more this season already. Ancelotti is payed to make these things work and he is without a dout one of the best managers in the world i fully expect him to have come up with a system that works pretty soon.

We still running on about this pleb.

Okay, He is a washed up old hasbin who is past his best, and will never reach that form due to injury, However Utd, Arsenal Fans he is still better then Bednter and owen and we should just laugh when he fails miserably. Liverpool fans you got Suarez and Carrol so you shouldnt have a 2nd thought for this ****

It's been one game for Christ's sake! Of course it's going to take him time to settle in. As for the one game he played, I thought he wasn't too bad, he wasn't any worse than the rest of Chelsea's attack, and I thought they seemed much less dangerous when he left the pitch...they lost their pace and ability to stretch Liverpool's defense. Can we talk about something else for a change?

Chelsea, Ancelotti etc, need to learn that they're not going to be able to have this unbelievable 3 man attack. Torres will never be able to adapt to play with Drogba and Anelka, or even just Drogba for that matter. He is a lone striker, always has been always will be. You have to play to HIS requirements to get the best out of him, and if you don't.. Well, we all know the consequences.

See Torres on the Spanish NT with David Villa.

Of course Torres will improve still funny to see how ineffective he was on his debut though

Of course he'll get better. It's one game, a poor game, but I'm pretty sure the main priority of the Liverpool defence was NOT go get him a shot on goal, because he can be lethal.

Hahahahaha noob Torres, why to spend 50Mil on the most stupid striker XD there are more better strikers than him. Chelsea need to buy more younger players, like Arsenal and they will do wonders, Anelka, Drogba, Lampard retire! <)

It's idiots like you which make FM Base unbearable.

Drogba is like 1000 years old and hasn't really been that good this season, maybe they should just let him leave in July? Probably the best if they want Torres to start scoring, Drogba is just getting in the way..

He has scored 9 league goals this season same as Rooney plus we cant say much about this partnership after one game

Chelsea, Ancelotti etc, need to learn that they're not going to be able to have this unbelievable 3 man attack. Torres will never be able to adapt to play with Drogba and Anelka, or even just Drogba for that matter. He is a lone striker, always has been always will be. You have to play to HIS requirements to get the best out of him, and if you don't.. Well, we all know the consequences.
Didn't he play with Aguero at At. Madrid? Also weren't you going to pair him up with Suarez before he decided to leave? (genuine questions)

See Torres on the Spanish NT with David Villa.

Villa often drifts wide in the Spanish national side, leaving Torres space. Torres hardly performs that well for Spain anyway, balls are hardly fed into channels for him.

Didn't he play with Aguero at At. Madrid? Also weren't you going to pair him up with Suarez before he decided to leave? (genuine questions)

Yes, and a lot of people would blame Torres for Aguero's poor showing in his first season, Aguero often had to drop deep, rather than be in the mix scoring goals, was either that or he hadn't fitted in. Just for clarification Aguero only got 7 goals in 42 appearances for Atletico first season, when Torres left he started to show his talent and started scoring in abundance.

Second question, I doubt it. Had Torres stayed I'd have expect Suarez to fit in on the left, cutting in, this sort of system..

Kuyt-Gerrard-Suarez
Torres​

Form is temporary...class is permanent

I find the big and bold font emphasises your point so much better.

I still don't think Torres will fulfil his potential at Chelsea while Drogba is playing alongside him.

Maybe Torres should play as Inside Forward on right side. I think they must play 4-2-3-1 with wingers, because in the opposite case Malouda, Kalou, Zhirkov, Anelka are dead wood in the team.

Anyone else think Torres looks stupid in a Chelsea kit??

On-topic: Bare in mind it was his first game + it was against his old club.....Personally I thought he did ok. He looked a lot more confident on the ball, was trying to take on defenders (failing miserably...but still)

Give him a couple of games and he will settle into Ancelotti's tactic!!

Edit To the comment above...Malouda and Anelka have been arguably Chelsea's best players this season!!!

Anyone else think Torres looks stupid in a Chelsea kit??

On-topic: Bare in mind it was his first game + it was against his old club.....Personally I thought he did ok. He looked a lot more confident on the ball, was trying to take on defenders (failing miserably...but still)

Give him a couple of games and he will settle into Ancelotti's tactic!!

Edit To the comment above...Malouda and Anelka have been arguably Chelsea's best players this season!!!

I wouldnt say he looks stupid but he looks wierd, he has always played in red so its strange.

Ancelotti i think will give the 4-diamond-2 formation another run against Fulham Monday and if that fails then he will have to have a re-think. The loss against Liverpool i think is more the fact that Liverpool nultified Chelsea and stopped us playing and they deserve full credit for that. One massive loss i believe in that game was the exclusion of Ramires, the lad gives us drive in the midfield which creates space and he can play out wide also giving us width. Malouda should have also started in that game but whats done is done.

Alot of Chelsea supporters are calling for Carlo to start McEachran very soon in a 3 man midfield consisting of McEachran sitting deep with Ramires and Lampard in the middle. McEachrans disspossesion is just immense and with Torres playing on the shoulder of defenders he is bound to find a way through one on one. Saying that Carlo wont start McEachran just because of the fact we have Essien, but i believe that a player with the attributes McEachran has could get the best out of Torres without a dout.

People are still talking about his injurys etc but Torres has signed for a team when in full flow are the only side known as ruthless. Our power and strengh are the sides best attribute and maybe Torres will feel more protected and feel more mentaly stronger playing in a big physical side like Chelsea. Time will tell but cumon lads this is Fernando Torres, i can see why people feel he might not fit in the Chelsea side but alot of that is what you want to happen because if he does then the lad is just pure world class without a dout.

It's quite easy to see that Torres can only play as a lone striker. Everytime he has to partner up, he disappears. One of the worst first touches in the game for a striker. He needs to be able to use his speed and finishing which he can do the best as a lone striker, and after his injuries his speed reduced quite a bit. All that is left is a great finisher that can't play as a partner. 50m quid, hmm.. good deal in my opinion.

It's quite easy to see that Torres can only play as a lone striker. Everytime he has to partner up, he disappears. One of the worst first touches in the game for a striker. He needs to be able to use his speed and finishing which he can do the best as a lone striker, and after his injuries his speed reduced quite a bit. All that is left is a great finisher that can't play as a partner. 50m quid, hmm.. good deal in my opinion.

You obviously haven't seen him play for Spain then...

Give him time, one game doesn't decide your whole season's form :S