Torres will improve - Ancelotti

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti believes £50m striker Fernando Torres needs time to adapt at the club before he shows his best form following the Spaniard's quiet debut in Sunday's defeat by Liverpool.

More...

He didn't even play bad, the Liverpool defence was just impenatrable.

Isn't this what Liverpool managers have been saying for the past 18 months?

He looked like he didn't want to be there, again, it was brilliant :D

Chelsea, welcome to Fernando Torres.

Obviously, I have no doubt that he will find his form with us

He looked like he really didn't want to play... Kinda how he looked under Woy XD

Can't see him doing too much damage this season, maybe when Chelsea sort their tactics out he may become a threat again.

He looked like he really didn't want to play... Kinda how he looked under Woy XD

Can't see him doing too much damage this season, maybe when Chelsea sort their tactics out he may become a threat again.

i thought he looked ok, nothing out of sorts with him, speculation is the root of all evil ;)

LOL, it was his First game....give the man time....Drogba was **** in the his first season with us

Hahahahaha noob Torres, why to spend 50Mil on the most stupid striker XD there are more better strikers than him. Chelsea need to buy more younger players, like Arsenal and they will do wonders, Anelka, Drogba, Lampard retire! <)

haha, thats torres for you :p

Jog On

Hahahahaha noob Torres, why to spend 50Mil on the most stupid striker XD there are more better strikers than him. Chelsea need to buy more younger players, like Arsenal and they will do wonders, Anelka, Drogba, Lampard retire! <)

Yeah Arsenal have been doing wnders for the past 5 years with their policy aye

Your saying Chelsea should buy youngsters like Arsenal but looking how many trophies Arsenal have won in the last 5 years I wouldnt want that tbh I wouldnt mind some youngsters but to buy some experienced players like Torres who is one of the best strikers in the world will help Chelsea win trophies aswell its been one game and suddenly everyone thinks Torres is a flop at Chelsea.

Torres will find his form, I am sure of that.

I expect he let the occasion get to him, on top of the fact the 'Pool defence were excellent.

Torres will find his form, I am sure of that.

I expect he let the occasion get to him, on top of the fact the 'Pool defence were excellent.

Exactly its not like Drogba and Anelka played top class and Torres was the only one who didnt show up. The whole team didnt play well yesterday not just Torres.

but the injuries he has had surely would have affected him. he will never be the same player he was during 2009 IMO

Exactly its not like Drogba and Anelka played top class and Torres was the only one who didnt show up. The whole team didnt play well yesterday not just Torres.

He isn't usually the sort of striker that can single handedly turn a game, unlike Drogba. He needs time and a couple of decent games and then he should find his feet.

@oneunited - Torres may not get back to that level again but he can still come close.

If Chelsea finds the form it had in the beginning of the season. I think Torres will be a big part of it.
He looked poor yesterday like most of the Chelsea players.

But gotta say...David Luiz looked like he could become a very good Premier League defender :(
But im glad that Liverpool won and kept Chelsea away from breathing in Citys neck :D

Chelsea, Ancelotti etc, need to learn that they're not going to be able to have this unbelievable 3 man attack. Torres will never be able to adapt to play with Drogba and Anelka, or even just Drogba for that matter. He is a lone striker, always has been always will be. You have to play to HIS requirements to get the best out of him, and if you don't.. Well, we all know the consequences.