Total War: Rome 2

I didn't get it before because I had exams on and it seemed quite addictive. Now that they're over and I have loads of free time I may get it :)

Lol. Yeah: defenitely be careful with Paradox games. They're addictive bunch. I once played one single scenario of Hearts of Iron 3 for 1.5 month before finally beating it. AI can be truly excellent and endlessly frustrating at the same time.

I don't see why would anyone say TW games are for kids though. I'm over 30 and still scream like little girl each time new version comes out and i see 10.000 units with detailed armor and individual behaviour.

Problem is, the complexity of battle makes it hard to design AI that will be both competetive and act realistic. Cant count how many times i had enemy troops just hang around casually outside my walls , because AI figure out its safer this way. And a 1000 other little things that didnt make sense.

ETW really sucked. I remember being able to crush huge armies with a small amount of troops, as long as you deployed your troops correctly.

What about a game of CK2 one day? Multiplayer could be awesome. I like smashing Turks and Muslims with the Byzantines, it's quite charming. :) The only thing I really complain about is that I think the Muslims are way too strong, which means that Iberia and Southern Italy almost always gets conquered by Muslims.

My good laptop's decommissioned at the moment, but I'll drop you a message when it's sorted! If you want to make CK2 really interesting, build up a decent amount of provinces in Scandinavia and convert to Norse Paganism. Your king'll declare war on you, starting a civil war. Not been able to win the civil war yet (4 attempts or so), but the pagans get cheap heavy infantry. The prospect of re-creating pagan Norway really appeals to me. My most successful save was as a Byzantine count. I eventually become Doux of Sicily and the Byzantine Empire didn't collapse for once and eventually smashed the Turks. Then the Mongols turned up...

Go buy CK2! It's awesome and you'll have hours of fun, when you're on a break from FM12 and your real life :p

Seconded!

Lol. Yeah: defenitely be careful with Paradox games. They're addictive bunch. I once played one single scenario of Hearts of Iron 3 for 1.5 month before finally beating it. AI can be truly excellent and endlessly frustrating at the same time.

I don't see why would anyone say TW games are for kids though. I'm over 30 and still scream like little girl each time new version comes out and i see 10.000 units with detailed armor and individual behaviour.

Problem is, the complexity of battle makes it hard to design AI that will be both competetive and act realistic. Cant count how many times i had enemy troops just hang around casually outside my walls , because AI figure out its safer this way. And a 1000 other little things that didnt make sense.

"Oooh shiny" just doesn't do it for me. The AI has gotten gradually worse though.

This has to be one of the most addictive games I enjoy playing. I originally loved the previous Rome game, especially with the addons available, and Medieval II has been played a fair bit since then. The attention to detail is a lot like Football Manager, for those players who want to optimise their experience you can play it at a high level where you have a good overview of everything happening. Hopefully they expand the tactical options available for the Roman infantry because in real life the options they had to 'rotate' fresh units to the front lines were extremely effective.

[video=youtube;1OHV628oGiU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OHV628oGiU[/video]

Holy ****.

[video=youtube;EaDlihIqPws]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaDlihIqPws&feature=g-u-u[/video]

Looks badass

I just hope they take the time to make each city fairly unique.

In RTW, it became tiresome conquering the same cookie cutter cities.

Quite shocked this game doesn't seem to have enough interest to keep this thread busier.

I hope everybody has been keeping up with the gameplay videos/trailers that CA are uploading as well as sharing with 3rd party companies.

I cannot wait for this game. And it's less than a month away.

(Pre-order on Steam now guys, best £30 you'll spend all year).

Best bit about all of this is I get to play it on my new gaming PC. Excited for it.

Yeah, Redrup is lying to peple. The full cost of this game is actually 30$+500$ for new gaming rig. :p

I'm going to have to wait a bit longer to get this. I went a bit mental during the Steam sale and have fallen behind quite a bit in my bills :$

I am definately buying it though. Love the Total War games

Who you going to start out as?
Gauls all the way for me, got so used to marauding through Europe with them and annoying the Romans on Rome total war.

Going to start out as Sparta. It has to be done.

Yeah, Redrup is lying to peple. The full cost of this game is actually 30$+500$ for new gaming rig. :p

Heh, my presumption was that us nerdy bastards had gaming computers to hand. ;)