Harry-Ramsey

Reaction score
Tottenham Hotspur

View attachment 96047

SkySportsLogo.jpg

Redknapp to leave?

4th June 2010 - 08:30am

Hundreds of Tottenham Hotspurs fans awoke today, turned on their TV's switched over to Sky Sports news and were greeted with rumoured speculation that their messiah like manager could potentially be heading out of Tottenham. Harry Redknapp who guided the club away from relegation when he took over from Juande Ramos back in 2008 is much loved by the Tottenham faithful who have seen him transform their club. When he took over early in the 2008-2009 season Tottenham lay bottom of the table. He quickly lead them up the table and away from the relegation zone and last season (2009-2010) guided them to a Champions League position as they finished 4th.

Fans stage protests

4th June 2010 - 09:02am

Die hard Tottenham fans who were still unsure whether this speculation was pure fantasy or infact the truth staged a protest outside White Hart Lane. They sang Tottenham chants including "Redknapps blue and white army" and "They'res only one Harry Redknapp". A huge flag was raised with the teams crest on it and placed behind the riotous crowd. Now being broadcast on more than one channel through radio and TV it seemed this speculation would have to come to a climax at some point.

tottenham-fans-2.jpg

Fans take action and try and persuade Redknapp to stay

Fans Reaction

4th June 2010 - 09:33am

Sky Sports sent down roving reporter Vinny O'Connor to get the fans reaction from the morinings seismic allegations. He spoke to three passionate fans about their views and was met mainly with fear as two of the three fans were desperate not to lose their loved manager.

V.O: "I'm here with three fans this morning who have gotten up early and arrived at this chaotic scene to try and decipher what is happening... Can you explain what you think is going on behind closed doors and how you'd feel if Redknap were to leave?"

Fan 1: "I think... well... err.. hope that the media have been mislead. If we lose 'arry then it'd be like taking steps backwards. He has been a 'hero' to these fans, taking us to the Champions League is something so many have failed to do but he has done it. So I hope he doesn't go."

V.O: "And what do you think?"

Fan 2: "Yeah like my mate said 'arry has delivered for us, taking us from the bottom of the table and keeping us safe and now giving us European football. It would be such a travesty if he were to leave. If he is unhappy at the club I hope today's demonstration helps him realise how loved he is by us and that the board do all they can to keep him. PLEASE STAY 'ARRY"

V.O: "
Now you have somewhat of a different opinion, am I right?"

Fan 3: "Yeah if 'arry wants to be like every other manager that has come and gone then so be it. I think that Europe is too much of a job for him anyway. He has little experience in that department and we'd be better off with a more prestigous manager. I like 'arry and will thank him for what he's done but if he's going then bye bye"

V.O: "Well there you go, three passionate points of view which kind of show you what the reaction is like down here. Alot of fans seemingly confused and somewhat dumbfounded by this out of the blue news. I guess we'll have to wait and see what today will bring.
SkySportsLogo.jpg

vinny-o-connor.jpg

Sky Sports Vinny O'Connor reporting

Worst fears confirmed?

4th June 2010 - 10:30am

Tottenham Hotspur called an immediate press conference to clear up and finally answer this speculation which has been brewing around the country this morning.

At approximately 10:30am Daniel Levy and a hideously coy Harry Redknapp sat down and were left like slaughter to the lambs in front of about 50 or 60 eager reporters. The mood soon changed from bewilderment to a sense of sheer respect as Redknapp explained his reasons for leaving at what he called the "wrong time"

"I today will announce my immediate resignation from the club. I will no longer have any ties to this club and only my support as a fan will affiliate me. After a long arduous battle within myself I have made what is one of the hardest decisions of my life. I will leave this club as I will be looking after my wife who has recently fallen ill. I will say that it has been very hard for me to make this decision and I will not be leaving with a smile. Sometimes though there are more things important than football."

He went on to say...

"
I know I am leaving at the most inopportune time and am gutted that I won't be here for the clubs Champions League campain. I will however be watching every minute at home with the wife who has promised me that I can still have football on the TV. Mrs Redknapp hasn't asked me to do this it was a decision I made of my own free will and out of love for my wife I want to care and I wan't to spend more time with her and the rest of my family."

Harry-Redknapp--006.jpg

A brave Harry Redknapp explains his decision to quit football to the press

Leaving a Hero!

4th June 2010 - 11:06am

After Harry Redknapps heartfelt speech and a few goodbyes he was about to leave when suddenly Daniel Levy asked him to sit back down.

"Harry please take a seat for a few moments we at Tottenham have a suprise for you" he said.

Just then the lights went out and a projector screen switched on showing the 'best bits' throughout Redknapps career.

00D5784B-FE92-8D07-BA13AB83898F3900.jpg

Redknapp wins the 2008 F.A Cup with Portsmouth

The ending clip was a lasting shot of Redknapp holding the F.A Cup Trophy which has probably been his greatest achievment as a manager along with guiding Tottenham to 4th place.

Levys last words

4th June 2010 - 11:36am

Levy said a few last words basically congratulating Redknapp on his acomplishments throughout his career and thanking him for his Tottenham achievements.

"You will be missed" were his last words.

DanielLevyPA_175x125.jpg

Redknapps Managerial Career

1983–1992 -- Bournemouth
1994–2001
-- West Ham United
2002–2004 -- Portsmouth
2004–2005 -- Southampton
2005–2008 -- Portsmouth
2008–2010 -- Tottenham Hotspur

Redknapp soon left after his final goodbyes and after a rapturous applause from everybody in the room. He was soon followed out by Daniel Levy who was now going to be busy seraching for a new manager. The comments going around the room after Harry had gone were that he was a "Brave man" for leaving when he did and not being tempted to stay at Tottenham because of European football when his family needed him. Others stated that he was being "clever" as he had realised that there are more important things than football in the world such as family.

An old face to return?

4th June 2010 - 12:15pm

Now that Harry Redknapp had sensationally left Tottenham it left the bookies pondering who would be the next face in charge at Spurs.

ladbrokes_new_logo_nov_07.jpg

coral_logo.gif

With managers such as Martin Jol, Gus Hiddink, Martin O'Neil and Mark Hughes all in the frame it will be an interesting couple of weeks for everyone involved with Tottenham.

Sven Goran Eriksson - 6-1
Martin Jol - 7-1
Gus Hiddink - 8-1
Felipe Scolari - 10-1
Martin O'Neil - 12-1
Mark Hughes - 12- 1
Steve Mclaren - 15-1

4B988DBC-B850-9979-C88036D42DFCAA0E.jpg

Martin Jol is a 7-1 shot to become the Tottenham manager.
It would be his secind time in charge of the club.

I guess we'll have to wait and see who will be in charge of Tottenham for the upcoming season....

Last edited:
Good start m8 :) Nice OP.

I'm a Spurs fan so hope you do well :)

Great OP, lots of detail, keep this up and you've got yourself a follower

brillaint OP mate! ill follow, check out my story, its similar :p

sky-sports-logo.gif

Tottenham to unveil new boss

16th June 2010 - 08:30am

It has been a long arduous twelve days for the Tottenham fans who have spent the best part of two weeks speculating over who will take over at the helm of their precious club. Many have come up with their own ideas who should take control but ultimately it is the Tottenham boards decision

sport-graphics-2008_693958a.jpg

Daniel Levy will make the ultimate decision on who will become manager

16th June 2010 - 10:40am

Again like twelve days ago White Hart Lane was streaming with reporters all waiting to see who it would be that will be leading Tottenham into unchartered territory this season. Daniel Levy then addressed the waiting reporters and invited them into the conference room. They gushed in clambering over each other for the 'Best' view.

Daniel levy entered, took his seat and spoke to the media.

"Today we at Tottenham have chosen to unveil our newest manager to the fans, the media and the rest of the world. We are extremely happy with our choice and hope that everyone who is connected to this club is in agreement. We have worked hard to secure the deal and it was by no means easy to snare our new manager but we have managed to do it and look foward to moving into the future together.

So today I give you... Tottenham Hotspurs newest manager...

Martin Jol
"

Martin Jol - "Back where I belong"

16th June 2010 - 10:50am

35909c9634b338681b72d88620a9-grande.jpg

Martin Jol was happy and affectionate when talking about his previous time working at Tottenham

As Martin Jol walked into the room, reporters were already thinking up questions to lay onto the new Tottenham boss. The feeling in the room was of sheer delight as Jol has always had a good rapport with the English media but even more importantly the Tottenham fans.

Jol said...

" Well I can definately start off by saying it's nice to be back in England and to see so many smiling faces. I must apologise but I can't stay long as I am in the process of moving my family back to London and my wife has only let me out of her sight for about an hour before she want's me back home... Woman ey?" He sighed

The reporters chuckled..

" I am aware there will be many questions you will want me to answer and I will do my best to answer them for you now...

I am back at Tottenham because I was asked by Mr. Levy to finish off a job that wasn't quite finished within my last tenure at the club. Something we both agreed on. I have left Ajax with a heavy heart but always knew this would be one of the only clubs i'd leave them for. It feels like i'm back where I belong...back home in some way.

We have both spoken at length at which way the club has to go and the best way to keep progressing on to reach further heights. We have established transfer targets and possible players who may not retain their places here. I have not met the players yet but look foward in doing so as their will be many familiar faces....

I hope the fans will be happy at my appointment and would like to thank them for the love I felt last time I was here. Together we will further this club and broaden it's horizons.

Thankyou and again I apologise for my short stay here today but I have many things to do before I start here fully
."

Martin Jol and Daniel levy both stood up, shook hands and left for the door. The reporters still shocked with the days events but seemed content enough that a manager they have always liked has returned to the Premierleague.

Outside Jol and Levy had a little chuckle together, shook hands again and then drove off in their cars.

083jolandlevy_468x424.jpg

Excellent choice - The media seem happy with Tottenhams 'new' manager

Fans reaction

16th June 2010 - 12:05pm

The Tottenham fans have bombarded Sky sports news with positive feedback regarding the clubs decision to re-appoint Martin Jol as their coach. Many stating that they too believed that Jol and the club had unfinished business and that he already knows the club so should fit straight in.

Martin-Jol-001.jpg

The fans can't wait to have Jol back in the dugout.

So it looks like Tottenham may not have such a doomed pre-season that many thought they could potentially have. Now they have secured a manager they can look foward to the season with much more confidence.

Last edited:
good luck! and i like the update as its all done on my birthday wooooooooo 16th june for the win!!!!!

Spurs boss wields axe as all backroom staff told to go

17th June 2010 - 11:25am

Today Tottenham Hotspur boss Martin Jol made it clear that he no longer needed any of the clubs backroom staff to help guide the club onwards and upwards this season. Every member was sat down and given an explanation as to why they weren't needed. This left many feeling angry and frustrated. Jamie Redknapp a now Ex-coach explained...

"To have put in so much time and energy and to be told like this is disgusting, Martin needs to take a long hard look at himself and realise that what he has done today is totally unacceptable"

jamie-redknapp-picture.jpg

Jamie Redknapp angry at dismissal

The clubs website explained that the reason was to start a fresh in a new chapter of the clubs history. It thanked the previous backroom staff and wished them luck on future endevours. It also stated that the club was looking foward to a new abundance of staff soon to be announced.

19th June 2010 - 10:55am

The latest news in the staffing situation arose as Tottenham announced a new Assistant Manager and two new Coaches.

Manuel Delgado Meco - Assistant Manager

F01.jpg

Manuel Delgado Meco

Meco arrives from Athletic from where he was a fitness coach. Martin Jol however thinks that Meco has what it takes to step up and become his right hand man. Jol has met meco on a few occaisions at footballing gala's and said..

" Mauel is as pleasent as he is clever, he will offer a lot of experience to the club"

Oceano Da Cruz - Coach

485x400

Oceano has an abundance of technical skills and knows how to get the best out of players

Oceano joins from the Portuguese under 21's national team. He felt that it was the right time to take up a new challenge before it was to late. Oceano spoke of his joy at joining Spurs stating that it will be a..

"Fantastic chance for me to test myself in this famous league"

Oliver Bierhoff - Coach

bierhoff%20declara%20ca%20nu%20este%20interesat%20de-86169.jpg

Jol ordered in a Bier

Jol had spent time with Bierhoff as he still keeps in touch with Hamburger, a club where Jol managed since his last time at Spurs. Jol often spoke to Bierhoff about getting back into football so decided to offer him a route back into it.

" There is nothing about football Oliver doesn't know he will make an excellent coach, I can't wait to work with him." Jol enthused

23rd June 2010 - 17:40pm

Four days into the Spurs backroom board shakeup and Martin Jols team is starting to take shape.

"I'm very happy with who we have bought in, I think that the club has definately increased in experience already. Most of these guys have worked in Europe or are of great value due to their indepentant role." Jol said speaking to the press outside
the Spurs Lodge training ground

The new look backroom staff

Assistant Manager

Manuel Delgado Meco - Athletic

Coaches

Brian Eastwick - Unemployed
Oliver Bierhoff - Unemployed
Gonzalo Abando - Unemployed
Paulo Camello - Caxias
Oceano - Portugal U21's

Goalkeeping Coaches

Krzysztof Dowhan - Legia
Pat Jennings - Unemployed
Joop Hiele - Feyenoord

Fitness Coach

Paul Winsper - Unemployed

Youth Coaches

Andy Renshaw - Bolton
Arthur Albiston - Unemployed

Physio

Gary Lewin - Unemployed

Scouts
John Calvert Toulmin
(Head Scout) - Man Utd
Rinus Israel - Feyenoord
John Steen Olson - Ajax
Jeff Vetere - Newcastle
Petter Rudi - Molde
Aldo Cantarutti - Vicenza

53abc5a5e1243f0496246ebb1387cc78.jpg

Brian Eastwick was once part of the England setup

As was Gary Lewin
coach_lewin_g.jpg

Krzysztof Lowhan joins from Legia
z3266093N,Krzysztof-Dowhan.jpg

And Joop Hiele from Feyenoord
Profiel%20Joop%20Hiele%202.jpg

Last edited:
Great start, and strangely quite emotional.

I also hired Juan Delgado Meco as my assistant when I managed Tottenham, and he is a great asset. Good luck for the season.

Really nice lay-out and detailed writing mate, I'm liking it. Best off luck :)

Sky-Sports-Transfer-Center-800_2474516.jpg

Tottenham dabble in Transfer Market

13th July 2010 - 12.35pm

OUT - Robbie Keane - £12,000,000
KeaneLFC275.jpg

Keane moves from Tottenham to Liverpool for £12M

Tottenham Hotspur will today announce their first summer signing. It comes at a time when a signing is much needed. Martin Jol has already let Robbie Keane move to Liverpool for £12million. A move which will bring a sense of deja Vu to both sets of fans as the same move happened a couple of seasons ago.

OUT - David Bentley - £7,500,000
David_Bentley_633572589797968750.jpg

Bentley was relieved to leave.

Another player allowed to leave was David Bentley who has moved to Wigan for reportedly £7.5Million. He spoke of his joy at leaving Tottenham saying.

" The club never let me show my full potential, I was rotting on the bench. At least here at Wigan I have been promised a first team place."

OUT - Jonathan Woodgate - £7,000,000
_44393205_woodgate_pa220.jpg

£7Million? Tottenham won't mind

Yet another player on his way out of White Hart Lane was the ever injury prone Jonathan Woodgate who was snapped up by Valencia for a tidy sum of £7Million. The fans showed their pleasure of the sale stating...

" To make a sale of that magnitude for a player who has been ravaged with injury is a smart piece of business "

Tottenham Make first Signing of the Season but sell talismanic Midfielder!

14th July 2010 - 13.30pm

Good and bad news for Spurs fans today as their club have purchased their first player of the campaign but also let go of maybe their best player...

Luka Modric today sealed a whopping £30Million pound move to money bags Manchester City. The free spending club weren't afraid to spend the megabucks on a player who's club were reluctant to sell.

Martin Jol said...

"We declined a few initial offers for Luka but when this offer was brought to our attention we couldn't say no. Luka is a magnificent player but this kind of money will allow us to buy two maybe three good players."

OUT - Luka Modric - £30,000,000 - Man City
luka_modric3_633572597815625000.jpg

Luka how much Tottenham got.. £30Million!

Modric thanked the fans and stated that...

"I have loved my time here and wish the club well. I will miss the fans and hope that they will be happy with the money the club has made from me. I have joined Man City because I feel that they are a club that match my ambitions."

With all the hype that already surrounds Tottenham today you'd be forgiven for thinking nothing else could happen regarding the club... Well you'd be wrong. With one player departing another has arrived..

IN - Javi Martinez - £11,000,000
javimartinez_2311775.jpg

Javi Martinez looking foward to Debut

Javi Martinez completed his medical and signed a four year deal today, making him Martin Jols first summer signing. He arrives from Athletic where he has made quite a name for himself even earning a call up to the Spain squad. Martin Jol was keen to land the young Spaniard and feared the deal had been hijacked by Everton who were also reportedly interested. Jol reacted quickly and grabbed his man before Evertons interest could become concrete. Martinez who made 135 appearances scoring 15 goals for Athletic will meet up with his new teamates in a couple of weeks to start pre-season training. The 21 year old will be an exciting signing and will hopefully help fill the void left by Luka Modric.

He said in a club press conference...

"It excites me to play for this club, Tottenham has a good chance to play in Europe and I want to help them acheive this. It has always been a dream to play in England, Cesc Fabregas tells me many wonderful things about this league while we are away on international duty. I will do my best to help the club evolve and can't wait to meet my new colleagues and for my debut "

A smiling Martin Jol added...
martin-jol-240.jpg

What a Jolly man

" Javi is a player I have admired for a long time. £11Million pounds may seem like a lot of money but once you see him play and after a while, you like me will see that this is a bargain buy. We thought we were going to lose the deal at one point because it was reported that Everton had secured a deal. Luckily for us that never happened and we are sat here today. Javi will help are midfield as his creativity and keen eye for a game changing pass will help our foward play. Once again I am a very happy with this signing"

Last edited:
Re-sign Modric?

Dzeko, a centre back, sell Jenas and sign another centre mid, i would suggest someone like Moussa Sissoko. :)