Just read this story... and think it's one of the best... so much detail. I hope you keep at it and dont just give up after a few matches. Try sign Thomas Muller, he turns out very good on the game.

Not long now guys. Just at my girlfriends. Got some good signings coming,

Sky-Sports-Transfer-Center-800_2474516.jpg

Spurs wheeling and dealing continues

23rd July 2010

Tottenham boss Martin Jol has spent alot of time recently sending his scouts out to monitor players from all over Europe. The Tottenham boss looks intent on making wholesale changes as he prepares to launch his team into Europe and further them in the Premier league.

attachment.php
View attachment 101941

IN- Jack Rodwell - £14,750,000
jack_rodwell.jpg

Jack of all trades. Rodwell is very versatile

Jack Rodwell signed from rivals Everton for a hefty £14.75M deal. The Tottenham fans were exstatic, praising Jol for a great transfer coup. While the Everton fans were bemoaning the club after letting such a talented youngster leave, especially to a rival club. Rodwell gave his reason for signing...

" I am delighted to be here, I have played against this club a few times and it is a club I admire. The setup here is second to none and everyone has made me feel very welcome. As soon as I met Martin Jol and Daniel Levy I knew this was where I wanted to be. I would be lying if I said that the fact Tottenham are in Europe didn't help persuade me but every player wants to play in the Champions League"

attachment.php
View attachment 101942

IN- Ryan Shawcross - £12,500,00
ff795f18-3029-4506-a42c-3f1b3c1ba3b6.jpg

Shawcross will compliment the Tottenham defence

Martin Jol has expressed his delight at Shawcross' arrival and even admitted he didn't think Shawcross would arrive..

"Understandably Stoke did not want to sell one of their prized assets and we had two or three offers turned down. We even made a contingency plan setup incase we didn't sign the boy. Luckily we broke Stokes resolve and Ryan is with us here at this club. He is young but plays with such maturity. He will slot right into our defence."

View attachment 101943

IN - Mehdi Abeid - £1,500,000
i.aspx

Abeid is one for the future

Hugely unknown Mehdi Abeid was a suprise signing but after being constantly heckled by head scout
John Calvert Toulmin who scouted the young man out in France Martin Jol decided to pounce for him.

"I never even knew about Mehdi until John told me about him. He spoke about him for days giving me constant earache so I said to him get me some footage of the boy so I can see for myself. The next thing I knew John was back with a DVD, so we sat down and that's when I made my mind up about signing the lad. He will however start off in our youth system and possibly move out on loan. At sixteen years old he will need time " Jol explained

View attachment 101487

OUT
- Jermaine Jenas - £8,000,000
101738.jpg

Au Revoir. Jenas leaves club for French giants

The Tottenham faithful were not too disheartened at the sale of Jenas. He hasn't really impressed too much since his arrival from Newcastle in 2005. Jol obviously didn't see him in his plans and decided it was time to cash in the midfielder.

View attachment 101484

OUT - Roman Pavlyuchenko - £15,250,000
roman-pavlyuchenko_1205499c.jpg

Roman Pavlyuchecko joins Arsenal in contoversial deal

The atmosphere surrounding Arsenal and Tottenham at the moment could engulf the whole of England. Martin Jol has angered the Spurs fans by selling Roman Pavlyuchenko to bitter rivals Arsenal and Arsene Wenger has angered the Arsenal fans by purchasing the player who they see as a flop in England. Another cause for concern for the Arsenal following was the inflated price tag for a player who is yet to prove his mettle in the Premier League.

Arsene Wenger said...

"I will defend my decision to sign Roman, he is a very skilled player and when I heard about his availability I quickly sent my scouts to watch him. Even though he hasn't been the most lethal player in front of goal he has an excellent footballing brain and will be an asset to our team. People will say the money we spent was too much but the club can't win, when we don't spend we are criticised and when we do we are criticised."

gun__1229698592_wenger19122008.jpg

Wenger was happy to answer queries about his latest signing.

Last edited:
View attachment 101584

Tottenhams first Pre-season match

25th July 2010 - 15:00pm

Today Tottenham and White Hart Lane play hosts to Club Atlético Lanús known just asLanus. The Argentinian team will be Martin Jol's first opposition since he re-took control of the London club. Luis Zubeldía the Lanus manager seemed awestruck as he and his team walked into the White Hart Lane stadium. He knows that although on paper his team are deemed inferrior he has a real gem in winger Sebastian Blanco who could spoil the day for Spurs. The ticket office announced that it's sold all tickets to both the home and away team which means Lanus will bring a strong following with them. Nonetheless the Tottenham fans will expect a win against a team with a reputation much lower than themselves.

Tottenham_19_570020.jpg

White Hart Lane welcomes Argentinian club Lanus

Martin Jol has indicated that he will start the match with a strong team and include his new signings all except Mehdi Abeid who is with the Under 18's squad. It is the first chance that the Spurs faithful will be able to see their new players in action. Javi Martinez, Jack Rodwell and Ryan Shawcross will all be looking to impress the manager and the fans.

attachment.php
View attachment 101998

attachment.php
View attachment 102000Tottenham 5 V 2 Lanus
attachment.php
View attachment 101999

goal.png
Jermain Defoe (3)
goal.png
Peter Crouch (7)
goal.png
Jermain Defoe (20)
goal.png
Santiago Salcedo (29)
goal.png
Aaron Lennon (59)
goal.png
Giovanni Dos Santos(65)
goal.png
Sebastian Blanco (77)

attachment.php
Man of the Match -
pitch.png
Jermain Defoe
attachment.php
View attachment 102000

Somewhat of a goal fest at White Hart Lane today, Tottenham took advantage of their superior possesion and had soon bagged three goals before the twenty minute mark. The best of which came about when Peter Crouch chipped through a suplime pass for Jermain Defoe to lash into the net from the volley just inside the area. Defoe and Crouch linking up well carrying on nicely from last seasons good form. Santiago Salcedo gave his side hope scoring a tap in and it ended 3-1 at half time. Aaron Lennon scored from a mazy run skinning his marker and thumping a good low shot past the keeper. Giovanni Dos Santos who had a good World Cup carried on his good form by scoring a good goal and Sebastian Blanco wrapped up the scoring with a header late on.

_42463955_defoe_getty416.jpg

Defoe celebrates scoring his second goal with Lennon

After the game Martin Jol spoke to reporters saying...

"No matter what opposition you play against you have to respect them. Lanus came here and made a real go of it. I'm pleased that their fans have had a nice day and got to see all the goals that were provided in the match. I am pleased with my team as they appear sharp and are on their way to getting back to full fitness. The new guys all enjoyed quiet days, Javi Martinez played well and his precise passing was on display. Ryan Shawcross didn't have long on the pitch coming on in the seventy eighth minute but seemed comfortable alongside Ledley King at the back and Rodwell had a great second half. I know there is undoubtedly going to be stiffer competition out there but today I am happy."

Last edited:
Thanx PokerJoker... I also have to give credit to JamieReed for letting me use his match template. So thankyou mate.

Sky-Sports-Transfer-Center-800_2474516.jpg

Tottenham signing big!

30th June 2010 - 12.00pm

Tottenham manager Martin Jol has caused a stir in the Transfer Market by signing two huge players. He really has taken the bull by the horns with his second spell in charge of the club and seems intent on improving his squad with some high profile signings.

attachment.php
View attachment 101939

IN - Yoann Gourcuff - £14,000,000
Yoann-Gourcuff-002.jpg

Gourcuff will be regarded as one of Tottenham best players

A massive signing for Tottenham who made a strong bid for the player. Gourcuff had been being watched by many scouts from clubs all over Europe but it was Jol who pounced quickest. Gourcuff joins the club after having a torrid World Cup which saw him red carded against South Africa and himself and France bowing out in the group stages. However France's dismal display in the tournament had not put suitors off Gourcuff. He joins on a £14M deal which will rise as a further £4M will be paid in future installments and £1.5M on appearances. Gourcuff will be given the number 21 shirt and seemed excited about joining Spurs. He spoke proudly to reporters at his unveiling inside White Hart Lane.

" I am very happy to be here, I have always wanted to play in England and of the games I have watched on TV I know I will enjoy myself here. I know I performed badly at the World Cup but want to put that behind me and concentrate on the present and my time now. Tottenham have made me feel like I can really get back to my best. The manager and chairman have already said that I will be an integral part of the team which pleases me but aslong as we work together as a team and are successful I will also be happy. Javi Martinez has kind of taken me under his wing as he has recently signed too. I will again say i'm looking foward to playing here."

The Tottenham fans seemed delirious at Gourcuff's arrival. Forums were booming with many satisfied fans and radio phone ins too. It seems the fans are happy enough with the signings so far.

View attachment 101707

IN - Gabby Agbonlahor - £14,500,000
gabby_agbonlahor_1488613c.jpg

Agbonlahor will increase Tottenham strikeforce even further.

Again another impressive signing by Martin Jol and Tottenham. Daniel Levy seems to have let Jol go wild with the clubs Chequebook but after selling big why not. Agbonlahor will add to Tottenhams strikeforce most likely playing off Defoe or Crouch. He fast became an outcast at Villa stating that he no longer felt the club would be able to feed his ambitions and requested to be transfer listed. He was and thats when Tottenham came calling offering £14.5M and Andros Townsend aswell. Jol said...

"Gabby is an incredible player, he has pace, strength, detrmination and hunger. He joins us full of enthusiasm and has stated his first task will be to shoot this club into the Champions League group stages. I know he had a strained relationship with Aston Villa in his final days at the club but I think he should be remembered for his goals that he scored for them. He will play in our upcoming tournament the Thames Cup where we will play AC Milan, Sao Paulo and Stuttgart "

Last edited:

Thames cup takes place

1st August 2010 - 15.00pm

Tottenham will play host to AC Milan, Stuttgart and Sao Paulo in the Thames Cup. It was setup by Tottenham Hotspur who want to show their fans that they can play against higher opposition. White Hart Lane will be the venue for all the matches which will be played at 15.00pm and 20.00pm over three days.

View attachment 101947

attachment.php
View attachment 101954Tottenham 4 V 5 AC Milan
attachment.php
View attachment 101946

goal.png
Niko Kranjcar (7)
goal.png
Massimo Ambrosini (9)
goal.png
Alexandre Pato (17)
goal.png
Massimo Ambrosini (21)
goal.png
Clarence Seedorf (43)
goal.png
Mathieu Flamini (45)
goal.png
Niko Kranjcar (Pen 58)
goal.png
Peter Crouch (69)
goal.png
Clarence Seedort OG (76)

Man of the Match
-
pitch.png
Massimo Ambrosini
attachment.php
View attachment 101946

Martin Jol will have been a relieved man after this match. At 5-1 down it looked like Tottenham were going to be swept under the carpet. AC Milan went behind after just seven minutes but really turned on the style. Ambrosini particuarly impressed scoring two and getting the man of the match award. Late on in the second half Tottenham seemed to wake up and finally fought back but finished just short as AC Milan won the match.

2nd August 2010 - 15.00pm

View attachment 101948

attachment.php
View attachment 101954Tottenham 2 V 0 Sao Paulo
attachment.php
View attachment 101949

goal.png
Jermain Defoe (14)
goal.png
Giovanni Dos Santos (90)

Man of the Match -
pitch.png
Giovanni Dos Santos
View attachment 101954
attachment.php

Tottenham played with a calmness to their game today which paid dividends as they dominated possesion and won the match. Giovanni Dos Santos was excellent once again and is thriving at the moment. He scored at the death to seal Sao Paulo's fate and will most definately be in the forefront of his managers plans.

giovanni-dos-santos.jpg

Dos Santos is expecting more time on the pitch for Spurs this year.

"I am playing ok at the moment and am just enjoying my time on the pitch. If the manager selects me for the next game then so be it but I will not push for it. I will admite however I do want to play more this season." Dos Santos said.

3rd August 2010 - 20.00pm

View attachment 101951

attachment.php
View attachment 101954Tottenham 2 V 0 Stuttgart
attachment.php
View attachment 101950

goal.png
Gabby Agbonlahor (30)
goal.png
Peter Crouch (69)

Man of the Match -
pitch.png
Javi Martinez
attachment.php
View attachment 101954

Tottenham won their final match of the Thames Cup but succumbed to second place in the league due to their defeat at the hands of AC Milan. Tottenham fans however will be pleased with this result and how the whole tournament panned out. Gabby Agbonlahor scored his first goal for the club and looked delighted. Stuttgart stuttered throughout the whole match and at times made Tottenham look perhaps better than they actually were. The Spurs fans didn't seem to mind though and cheered throughout.

View attachment 101807

tottenham-fans.jpg

The Tottenham Faithful enjoyed the tournament

Last edited:

Tottenham final pre-season news

View attachment 101936

5th August 2010 - 14.35pm

View attachment 101970

IN - Joe Hart - £8,750,000
JoeHart_545993.jpg

Joe Hart will have first team football at Tottenham

With his place not garanteed in between the sticks at Manchester City Joe Hart asked to be transfer listed. Martin Jol was quick to offer the youngster a place in his team. Hart was happy to accept and a deal was struck. Man City didn't seem to worry about selling to a rival club but with all their high profile signings arriving why would they? Hart will be first choice at White Hart Lane.

"I am pleased to be a Tottenham player I have spoken to the manager who has assured me that he is taking the club in the right direction. I am excited to be part of this project and can't wait until the season starts."

9th August 2010 - 18.00pm
attachment.php

View attachment 101981

attachment.php
View attachment 101975Tottenham 2 V 1 GalatasaryView attachment 101972
attachment.php

goal.png
Jermain Defoe (36)
goal.png
Jamie O'Hara (45)
goal.png
Milan Baros (50)

Man of the Match -
pitch.png
Jamie O'Hara
attachment.php
View attachment 101975

Tottenham Hotspurs final pre-season match ended with a win. Galatasary played well though and gave Spurs a great game. Jermain Defoe headed in from a Jack Rodwell corner to make it 1-0 and Jamie O'Hara scored just before half time from a spectacular freekick to make it 2-0. Ex-Liverpool player Milan Baros scored a consolation but that's all it was. Joe Hart played in goal and looked confident in his role.

24th August 2010 - 14.35pm

View attachment 101973

IN - Serge Aurier - £2,200,000
8926.jpg

Another youngster who will train in the youth setup.

Serge Aurier was sought after, after being recommended by former team mate Mehdi Abeid. He is a strong right back who has pace and strength. He like Abeid will play in the youth setup and could potentially be loaned out. Aurier who arrives for £2.2M has already been earmarked as a future favourite by the Tottenham following.

"It's true that Serge came to our attention through Mehdi Abeid so we sent out a scout along with Martin who has now flown to Holland. Martin decided to make an offer of which was accepted by our friends at Lens. We have a good relationship with the French Club so it was easy to get the deal done quickly."

30th August 2010 - 14.35pm

attachment.php
View attachment 101974

IN - Nicolas Lodeiro - £6,500,000
attachment.php

Lodeiro is already close to Jol

Martin Jol left Lens after he wrapped up the deal for Aurrier and went straight to old club Ajax to persuade them to part with Lodeiro. Jol has already worked with Lodeiro at Ajax and was keen to take him to Tottenham with him. Lodeiro starred in this years World Cup and played well but was sent off in Uruguay's first match. He will join on a £6.5M deal and has already stated his reason for joining...

"I was so happy when Ajax told me Mr. Jol wanted to take me to Tottenham. I have worked with him before and enjoy it. He definately gets the best out of me and when he left Ajax I felt my game wouldn't be the same so for this opportunity to arise I said to myself that I must take it. I can't wait to get to London and meet everyone."

View attachment 101976
View attachment 101980
A list of Tottenham's in's and out's

Last edited:
Preamier League underway
View attachment 102018

It's the day every football fan has been yearning for all summer. After a dismal World Cup campaign all English fans have been champing at the bit for this years season to start. Tottenham start off at home against last years champions and will hope for at least a point. Martin Jol has spent the summer strengthening his squad but perhaps would have liked a few more players. It's come out in recent days that he narrowly missed out on a £10M deal for Leverkusens Lars Bender and a loan deal for Man Utd's Javier (Chicharito) Hernadez. However Jol will be happy with his squad and shouldn't be too downheartened with who he has at his disposal. Tottenham have a tough start to the season which will see them play Chelsea, Man Utd, Aston Villa, Liverpool and Arsenal in their opening games. They also have matches against Sampdoria in two legs of the Champions League qualifiers.

Javier-Hernandez.jpg

Jol missed out on taking exciting striker Hernandez on loan

August

15th August 2010 - 15.00pm

goal.png
Jermain Defoe (7)
goal.png
Michael Essien (49)
yellowcard.png
Yoann Gourcuff
yellowcard.png
John Terry

Man of the Match -
pitch.png
Joe HartView attachment 102014

An impressive start for Spurs who did not look intimidated by Chelsea. They even took the lead after just seven minutes, a Jermain Defoe strike which whistled past Cech and into the net. Chelsea soon improved and looked like they would score at every opportunity. It wasn't until early after half time though that they did score. Michael Essien going through one on one with Joe Hart who got a finger to the ball but couldn't stop it sailing past him.

19th August 2010 - 19.30pm

goal.png
Aaron Lennon (21)
goal.png
Nico Kranjcar (38)
goal.png
Giovanni Dos Santos (63)
yellowcard.png
Paolo Sammarco
yellowcard.png
Angelo Palombo
yellowcard.png
Franco Semioli

Man of the Match -
pitch.png
Aaron LennonView attachment 102014

A fantastic away result which should hopefully see Tottenham into the Champions League. Aaron Lennon was in superb form scoring early on and setting up a goal for Nico Kranjcar. Sampdoria were visibly getting frustrated and earned three yellow cards late on for late challeneges.

23rd August 2010 - 16.00pm

goal.png
Peter Crouch (14)
goal.png
Peter Crouch (37)

goal.png
Aaron Lennon (64)

goal.png
Wayne Rooney (72)
goal.png
Wayne Rooney (89)

Man of the Match -
pitch.png
Peter CrouchView attachment 102014

Tottenham made the first half their own in this match, especially Peter Crouch who scored a wonderful header in the fourteenth minute. Yoann Gourcuff did well to get away from Darren Fletcher and then delivered the inch perfect cross for Crouch to score. The second half however belonged to Man Utd and Wayne Rooney who struck two late goals but he just couldn't quite get a third. New signing Peter Masilela started for Man Utd but failed to impress.

26th August 2010 - 16.00pm

goal.png
Giovanni Dos Santos (46)
yellowcard.png
Jack Rodwell
yellowcard.png
Angelo Palombo

Man of the Match -
pitch.png
Gareth BaleView attachment 102014

Tottenham fans went beserk after the match, White Hart Lane played host to Tottenham who's fans were crying...singing... dancing and most importantly showing their appreciation to Martin Jol and his team. It was a great performance both defensively and in the attcking third of the pitch. Giovanni Dos Santos with the goal which was a sublime curling shot from just outside the six yard box. Gareth bale impressed delivery excellent crosses and making some game changing tackles.

Tottenham qualify for Champions League

28th August 2010 - 13.35pm

Today will be the Champions league Group Stages draw Tottenham Hotspur are in pot 3 and will want to avoid many of Europes elite...

championsleaguetrophy20091218_275x155.jpg

Tottenham have been drawn alongside FC Bayern, Benfica and FC RB Salzburg. Themselves and Benfica have been looked upon as the team to go through to the next round along with heavyweights FC Bayern. Many see FC RB Salzburg as the team to sink to the botton of the table quite rapidly.

29th August 2010 - 15.00pm

View attachment 102013Aston Villa 2 V 3 TottenhamView attachment 102014

goal.png
Ashley Young (9)
goal.png
Curtis Davies (30)
goal.png
Jermain Defoe (39)
goal.png
Jermain Defoe (45+1)

goal.png
Jamie O'Hara (Pen 71)

yellowcard.png
Sebastien Bassong
yellowcard.png
Stiliyan Petrov
yellowcard.png
Curtis Davies

Man of the Match -
pitch.png
Jermain DefoeView attachment 102014

Martin Jol seems to have done wonders to Tottenham, on a day which saw only English players score in the match. Tottenham now remain unbeaten so far. Jermain Defoe gave a performance of the highest calibre and scored two goals. Villa man Askley Young also looked good and he too scored which was his first of the campaign.

Last edited:
Hey just checked back on this story. Think it's great. Your writing is great. Best story I've read so far! :)

Something like xtelo something have a look on the downloads. Sorry I can't remember.

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:06 PM ----------

Heys guys will update tomoz now. Just wrote up an update but my net closed down and lost it all. :mad:. September is a bit mixed for Spurs. hope you're still following.