Tottenham Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Sam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 141
  • Views Views 7K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was wondering the same thing, either he's crazy, dumb or ignorant! I'd be as happy as a fan can be.

Or I'm terrible at reading at 1 in the morning. In that case, I'm thrilled

---------- Post added 01/05/2011 at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was 30/04/2011 at 09:14 AM ----------

Thought this thread would blow up after the controversy of the Chelsea game, I'm still fuming

Thought this thread would blow up after the controversy of the Chelsea game, I'm still fuming

One of those things that is blighting football unfortunately. Same thing happened in the World Cup, but as usual, no chance of goal-line technology coming in as FIFA prefer to drag their heels as usual. Hopefully instead, the FA may introduce some sort of help for officials, like an experienced ex-referee overlooking the match so these things won't happen again. Just have to move on unfortunately, like the other fans had to.

Infuriating. Kalou was offside, Lampard goal didn't cross the line. That being said, Spurs really only have Gomes to blame for putting them in a position where the assistant was forced to make a very difficult call. I have lost all faith in Gomes I mean I know Gomes said the error in the real madrid game wouldn't be his last, but I didn't expect the next one to come so soon. I now think that a goalkeeper may be higher on our list of summer priorities than a striker, although we really need both. Looking at the positives, magnificent strike from Sandro, he just keeps getting better and better.

A Spurs thread?! What has this forum come to?...

Next we'll be having threads for the likes of Scunthorpe and Swindon!

;)

[/COLOR]Thought this thread would blow up after the controversy of the Chelsea game, I'm still fuming

A Spurs thread?! What has this forum come to?...

Next we'll be having threads for the likes of Scunthorpe and Swindon!

;)

Alex answered why the thread hadnt exploded ;) Not many die hard spurs fans on here...
Anyways,how do spurs fans rate their chances of finishing in European Spots this season after Chelsea game?
You guys really need a Striker next season,you lack likker instinct up front and that has cost you 4th place this season...

Right, writing off this season now as we've imploded and ****** everything up...

What I want to see next season is:

a) A new Goalkeeper - i.e. Given, Robbo <3 Frey - Any safe reliable keeper, Gomes is woeful.
b) Shipping out the dead wood - Bentley, maybe Bassong, Jenas, Palacios, Keane and one of Defoe/Pav
c) New F'ing striker(s) - Falcao please. Someone who can play up front on his own...
d) A Back up left back for Benny - doesn't have to be expensive, just solid.

Ideal team for next season:

Robbo
Walker Dawson Gallas/Kaboul Benny
Hudd Sandro
Lennon/VDV Modric Bale
Falcao​

Tis' all.

why on earth did you sell Robinson in the first place lol ?

Went off form for a bit and was then frozen out by the management cruely, but the fans always loved him <3. Wouldnt cost too much as well would be perfect :)

Would he want to come back though?

I reckon he would. As I said the fans loved him and he loves us. Cant be that fun scrapping for their lives at Blackburn plus hes retired from England so this level is the highest he will play at.

Cos we had a wally in charge.

What I want:

New Keeper (Don't mind, It could be a Non-League keeper and he'll still compete with Gomes)
Backup DC, We have so many injury prone players, so we need back-up (Samba, Garay, Phil Jones)
What CJ said about getting red of the 'Dead Wood' which we have a lot of.
Striker - (Hulk, Falcao, Lukaku, Gameiro)
Play Geo

My Ideal Team:

Robinson
Walker - Dawson/Jones - Gallas- BAE
Huddy - Modric/Sandro
Lennon - VDV - Bale
Hulk/Falcao/Lukaku/Gameiro

Subs:
Gomes
King
Hutton
Sandro
Dos Santos
Pav
Lukaku

said Spurs would have made the top four again if not for the back injury that afflicted Gareth Bale in January and caused him to miss four matches.

"When Gareth got injured that was a massive setback for us - we would have had an extra four or five points and we'd have got there." He dismissed as cranks the fans who blame Redknapp for the disappointing results in the last two months. "They don't have any brains, do they? Who rings up radio stations? Idiots. When I start worrying about what they think I'll be in trouble. 99.9% of people who go to Tottenham have loved everything they've seen."

said Spurs would have made the top four again if not for the back injury that afflicted Gareth Bale in January and caused him to miss four matches.

"When Gareth got injured that was a massive setback for us - we would have had an extra four or five points and we'd have got there." He dismissed as cranks the fans who blame Redknapp for the disappointing results in the last two months. "They don't have any brains, do they? Who rings up radio stations? Idiots. When I start worrying about what they think I'll be in trouble. 99.9% of people who go to Tottenham have loved everything they've seen."

It's bullshit like this that is turning some fans against him. If HE had managed our HUGE squad better and rotated and rested Bale then the odds are he would not have got injured.

Also, 99.9% have 'loved every minute'!

Pretty sure we haven't loved losing at home to Wigan, or picking up 3 points against the bottom 4 or winning one of our last 16 or so games.

I think it's bullshit that missing Bale cost them points. I think they grinded results pretty well without him. And if i remember correctly...Bale has played many if not all of their games since the Milan win. Correct me if im wrong.

I think spurs have a very good starting 11. Not many top players on the bench. Their central midfield is their strongest point. They have good depth there. Same can't be said of the defence and strikers.

Last edited:
Corluka:

'I still think that, 'The fans are a little bit more close to the club here than at City. I have nothing against City and I had a great time there but when I played for City, the stadium wasn’t always full, whereas here, you never see that.

'Here, the stadium is full even when we play friendlies, so you can see that there is more passion for the club here than there is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back