Nickname: Spurs
League: Barclays Premier League
Chairman: Daniel Levy
Finances: Rich
Manager: Harry Redknapp (Later, you )
Stadium: White Hart Lane
Capacity: 36310​

Season Expectations:
For this, I would select continental qualification. For this you receive a nice transfer budget of £16 million and a wage budget of £1.2 million.

Training and Staff
Tottenham have a few good and a lot of sh*t staff. You would be looking to offer mutual termination to the following-
Les Ferdinand,Clive Allen,Kevin Bond,Jamie Redknapp,Tim Sherwood,Geoff Scott,Danny Murphy,Chris Ramsey,John McDermott,Andrew McKenzie,Aaron Harris and Nathan Gardner.

As replacements you should be looking to sign the following-
Michael Henke - Good cheap Asst. Manager available on a free.
Paul Winsper - Fitness Coach. Very cheap. 5 stars
Kresimir Sos - Youth Coach. Offer him a Fitness Coach contract, and you have a very cheap 4.5 star fitness coach.
Tosh Farrell - Youth Coach. Offer this guy a coach contract and you have a cheap 4 star coach for the shooting category.
John Owens - Youth Coach. Same as above and you have a 4 star attacking coach.
Marco Frigerio,Salvatore Libra,Glay Maranhao - Physios. All are top class physios for your team.
Tord Grip - Scout. Great Scout. Cheap as well.

For more options on coaching staff, please visit this thread: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f103/4-or-greater-coach-list-t55678.html

* Promote Alex Inglethorpe from youth coach to coach and you get a 4 star defence coach.

As for training, I highly recommend Dunc's training which can be found here- http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f103/duncs-training-t51598.html

Tactics and the first team.
Since VDV has signed, Redknapp has started playing a 4-5-1 and we will be doing the same, using Koflok's Goals Galore tactic, which is a variation of the 4-5-1. It can be found here: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f103/kofloks-goals-galore-2011-t51246.html

Here is a screen of an untouched first team squad:

11uhr8y.png

Captain: Ledley King
Vice-Captain: Luka Modric

The Team:

Goalkeepers:
1. Gomes
23. Cudicini
Pletikosa
27. Alnwick

No worries about this position. You have a great keeper in Heurelho Gomes and no doubt he is your first choice.Cudicini is decent backup but is eating up quite a considerable amount of wage (30k p/w) so I advise you to let him go when his contract expires.Stipe Pletikosa is on loan from Spartak and honestly, his wages are also too much for a third choice keeper. Its your decision to keep him or let him go. I terminated his loan. If you do so, then Ben Alnwick should be called up to the first team as your third choice. When Cudicini leaves, get someone like Alex Smithies for 2nd choice.

Centre-backs:
13. Gallas
19. Bassong
26. King
20. Dawson
4. Kaboul
39. Woodgate
Khumalo (coming in Jan)​

There is a large amount of depth for this position. Gallas and King/Dawson should be the first choices. Kaboul and Bassong are great backups for the injury prone Dawson and King. Also, we have Khumalo coming in January which adds another player to the list. One minus point here is Jonathan Woodgate. He is on the long-term injury list but still eating a lot of wages (45k p/w). It would be best to sell him in January or let his contract run down. It won't hurt to buy a man for the future here, I suggest Sebastian Coates from Nacional. He is a tower standing at 196 cm tall and you can get him for his 2.4m release clause.

Full-backs:
32. Assou-Ekotto
2. Hutton
22. Corluka
16. Naughton
28. Walker

The left-back area is a position where a signing is needed. Either a first-choice replacement for BAE or a backup for him. I'd suggest Fabio Coentrao, is downgraded and much harder to sign in the 11.2 patch. So I recommend Denis Aogo from HSV for around 5 million and rotate him with Ekkoto. Use BAE against big teams when playing a defensive role and Aogo on a wing-back role. Right back is a sound area for Spurs. Hutton and Corluka are good players for the position. Also Kaboul can play RB so thats a bonus. And you have the two Kyle's, Walker and Naughton. Out of these, Walker would feature more and I suggest loaning Naughton out.

Defensive Midfield
6. Huddlestone
12. Palacios
30. Sandro

Another very strong position for Tottenham. You should rotate between Palacios and Huddlestone, as both are equally good for the position. Sandro, is in the reserves and it is recommended to take him off the loan list and bring him into the first team as backup. He should be the one starting in cup games.

Centre Mid
14. Modric
11. Van Der Vaart
12. Palacios
21. Kranjcar
8. Jenas
24. O'Hara

Modric and VDV are your first choices here. Kranjcar can provide decent cover for both and so can Palacios, provided you put him on a passing individual schedule. Jenas isn't the player he used to be, so it is best to let him go. List him for 4.6 million and surprisingly you get an offer from Atletico Madrid for him in the new patch. O'Hara is the same situation like Woodgate. He is on the injury list and eating your wages. To be sold in January.

Wingers
3. Bale
7. Lennon
17. Dos Santos
5. Bentley

Bale on the left, Lennon on the right. Dos Santos is more than enough cover for Lennon on the right, and you should say goodbye to Bentley to reduce the wage bill a bit. Both Modric and Kranjcar can play on the left as well, but it is advised that you buy a backup here. Spas Delev from CSKA Sofia is a decent choice, costing around £1.8 million. Park Ji-Sung who is transfer listed at Man Utd is also a decent choice and can play in multiple positions. But do this only if you are willing to play a tad more money and wages.

Strikers
18. Defoe
15. Crouch
9. Pavlyuchenko
10. Keane
Defoe is your first choice loan striker here. Pavlyuchenko as well as Keane will prove to be able cover for Jermain. Crouch doesn't really fit in with the system we are using so he should be sold. But it is very hard to do so. So whatever bid you get for him, accept. Also, it is advised to get one for the future here, to replace Defoe as first choice. Tiago Alves from Santos, when developed well grows into a beast of a player. You can sign him for around 2 million. You could search for the thread on him here and see his future screenshot. He is the best striker in the world. However, you would have to slightly overpay his wages, as he would be more interested in joining clubs like Inter, Bayern and others as they also chase the wonderkid. I payed him 5.25k p/w and he will join me in January 2011.

Recommended Transfers:
In:
Dennis Aogo - 5.25 million
Spas Delev - 1.8 million/ Park Ji-Sung - 4.4 million
Tiago Alves - 2 million
Sebastian Coates - 2.4 million

Out:
Stipe Pletikosa - Terminate Loan
Kyle Naughton - Loan
Jonathan Woodgate
Jermaine Jenas - 4.6 million
Jamie O'Hara
David Bentley - 2.5 million
Peter Crouch

Other advice

Retraining Bale and VDV - To get the best out of them, it is advised to train Bale as LW and VDV as CM. A natural player is much better than an accomplished one. ;)

Youth Facilities/Training Facilities - Spurs do not have the best of training facilities and the board should be asked to make ammends about this ASAP.

Use the Carling Cup - The Carling Cup should be used to give your youngsters like Dos Santos,Walker,Sandro,Tiago Alves,Delev,Livermore,Parrett,Kane some valuable game time which will certainly help in their progress as a player.

Ask for more physios - Just 2 physios wont do the job required. So ask your board for more, yeah go on be greedy.

Ask for a feeder club - I recommend asking for a feeder club for WP, or a domestic loan option to send players like Naughton,Parrett,Kane for valuable first-team action.

Ok then, so thats it. Thanks for reading, please leave your feedback/suggestions below. Thanks,

Hellroker

Last edited:
am reading this on account of hellrocker's desperate plea to bump the thread. but this is a good guide nonetheless.

Great guide :)

How well does Bale perform in that attacking LW Position? He's a beast on LM, and when chasing games, is it worth pushing him foward that little extra?

Good Guide mate, but I'd recommend training Rafa and Bale to be natural in CM and LW.

Good Guide but I suggest neatening it up a bit, centre the player names and bold them and a few pics wont go amiss either and also a few screesnhots

Would it not be better to sell Woodgate, and bring Caulker through?
Good guide.

Would it not be better to sell Woodgate, and bring Caulker through?
Good guide.

Caulker is currently on loan. And its pretty hard to sell Woodgate due to injury and his contract runs out at the end of the first Season so if you offer him in Jan, teams will offer him a contract.

Great guide, but i think that a formation of 4-1-2-1-2 is also fine for Spurs!!

yeah good guide, i like to keep crouch and sell pav/keane but still nice effort :)

Not a bad guide, but i play in a different way. I bought Ranocchia, Dzeko, Welliton, Coentrao, Silviu Lung Jr., Romario. Currently 30 games and i am first with 11 points ahead of Scum United. Cheers anyway

Last edited:
Yeah, this isnt the only way to play a team, there are multiple ways to play, though i posted what I generally like to do ;)

Great guide :)

How well does Bale perform in that attacking LW Position? He's a beast on LM, and when chasing games, is it worth pushing him foward that little extra?

Brilliantly. I play him as a LW in my Liverpool team.

On my tactic, I have VDV pushed up a little bit, and Huddlestone moved to LDM. Also I recommend signing Mexes from Roma. I got him for £6m and is good to play when King is injured. (80% of the time)

You can't get Dzeko, so I recommend signing Hulk or Saurez. Also I think you should add what youngsters to keep, and dead wood.

But good guide though.

On my tactic, I have VDV pushed up a little bit, and Huddlestone moved to LDM. Also I recommend signing Mexes from Roma. I got him for £6m and is good to play when King is injured. (80% of the time)

You can't get Dzeko, so I recommend signing Hulk or Saurez. Also I think you should add what youngsters to keep, and dead wood.

But good guide though.

Fair enough, but I think Spurs have enough depth for the CB positon. And Defoe when played right is lethal so you won't even need Hulk or Suarez. Well, Spurs don't have many youth prospects though. Parrett,Kane and Caulker are the best of them

But good guide though.
You are wrong my friend, you can get Dzeko.

Did you change anything in this tactic ? (Koflok's Goals Galore?

Great guide mate. But how can you play Bale as inside forward?He's left footed and can't play as RW. And isn't Sandro have better defensive attribute than Huddlestone??And don't underestimate Naughton he's quality in my save, putting Kaboul and Hutton on the bench :p

Not much, just changed the LW role to winger to suit Bale

Great guide mate. But how can you play Bale as inside forward?He's left footed and can't play as RW. And isn't Sandro have better defensive attribute than Huddlestone??And don't underestimate Naughton he's quality in my save, putting Kaboul and Hutton on the bench :p

Not much, just changed the LW role to winger to suit Bale

Nice if Naughton is doing that, I never underestimated him. Sandro isn't that ready for first team action yet though. Thats why I use Hudd as first choice.