Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool [16:00 - 28/11/10]

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 207
  • Views Views 8K
As predicted, Liverpool score first.

Time for us to come out and play in the second-half. The problem is that we only have a single substitution left, and it is risky to replace Palacios (who is clearly the weak link in the midfield today) without any chance to cover for injuries/tiredness later in the match.

We're down to our bare bones in regard to defenders now. Kaboul off to join King and Woodgate on sicknote leave, and Dawson barely in training since returning from his. As for VDV... I knew it was too early for him to return. How frustrating. :@

Sloppy goal to concede. Extremely fortunate for Skrtel though, in that he headed it into a teammate's back and it fell to his feet for an easy goal.

On a plus side, Liverpool picked up three yellow cards in that half. Two defenders and a covering midfielder. Possibility of Konchesky picking up a second yellow under pressure from Lennon? Guess we'll see.

Tottenham 2 - 1 Liverpool, we'll score early in the second-half.

Ok not Headers but Free Kicks?
Liverpool usually scores during Free Kicks. Agree?!

As predicted, Liverpool score first.

Time for us to come out and play in the second-half. The problem is that we only have a single substitution left, and it is risky to replace Palacios (who is clearly the weak link in the midfield today) without any chance to cover for injuries/tiredness later in the match.

We're down to our bare bones in regard to defenders now. Kaboul off to join King and Woodgate on sicknote leave, and Dawson barely in training since returning from his.

Sloppy goal to concede. Extremely fortunate for Skrtel though, in that he headed it into a teammate's back and it fell to his feet for an easy goal.

On a plus side, Liverpool picked up three yellow cards in that half. Two defenders and a covering midfielder. Possibility of Konchesky picking up a second yellow under pressure from Lennon? Guess we'll see.

Tottenham 2 - 1 Liverpool, we'll score early in the second-half.

First booking was very harsh. Konchesky's ****, the winger needs to double up and help him.

I love how Spurs have got Woodgate, Kaboul, Dawson and King all injured and yet are still not struggling in the CB area.

If we had Carragher, Agger, Skrtel and Kygriakos injured I think we'd be raped up the bottom so hard that our **** would be our mouth.

First booking was very harsh. Konchesky's ****, the winger needs to double up and help him.

Hard to do because N'Gog is dropping centrally into midfield, and Maxi is breaking beyond defender. It's why Maxi's getting so much room as Hutton is moving up to overlap with Lennon.

Konchesky really doesn't inspire confidence but that weak link is also what is creating the chances for us.

Crazy that we *still* haven't solved our left back problem - think the last time I had confidence in the player in that position was when Arbeloa was put there. Before that, probably when Rob Jones was put there to do a job.

How stupid can you get? Why have your arms up like that after seeing what happened last week?

Never a free-kick.

This sounds identical to last week.. (if the FK decision lead to the handball and penalty..) I felt Song won the ball, but haven't seen this one..

BUT..It doesn't matter! Defoe puts his penalty wide, and Spurs can't find a penalty taker after Bale missed one in midweek with VDV out!

(last bit from 5Live ;))

Back