Tottenham Hotspur v Werder Bremen [19:45 - 24/11/10]

I believe there will be goals unless Bremen players feel like turning up.
After the last defeat against Shalke, Bremen supporters blocked the team bus and players had to come down the bus to promise more effort. Lets see if they are true to their word.

Starting Line-ups

1 Gomes
2 Hutton
4 Kaboul
3 Bale
13 Gallas
32 Assou-Ekotto
8 Jenas
14 Modric
7 Lennon
9 Pavlyuchenko
15 Crouch

Substitutes

10 Keane
21 Kranjcar
23 Cudicini
18 Defoe
19 Bassong
12 Palacios
22 Corluka

Starting Line-ups

1 Wiese
8 Fritz
29 Mertesacker
15 Prödl
41 Schmidt
10 Marin
20 Jensen
44 Bargfrede
18 Kroos
14 Hunt
19 Wagner

Substitutes

3 Pasanen
21 Mielitz
43 Testroet
17 Husejinovic
27 Andersen
36 Thy
46 Ayik

Van Der Vaart misses out after failing a late fitness test on his ankle.

Nevertheless, I believe that we will win 3-1, with the third coming in late with Werder going for it.

Tottenham 1 - 0 Werder Bremen

Kaboul 6'

(A volley, if anyone cares)

****** ****, Tottenham are on a rampage :O

Modric scores on the stroke of half time.

Spurs 2-0 Werder Bremen HT.

Quality goal to end the half.

I said on IRC about 5 minutes before that Modric was being allowed far too much space and wasn't shackled, then he goes and scores. Superb touch to mug the defender off, and looked just like Van der Vaart's goal from Crouch's knockdown earlier in the season.

Palacios is having a great game since he replaced Jenas (injury), and has made a number of key challenges to break up play each time they get the ball on a counter. His best game, by a distance, in about a year I'd say.

Kaboul with another goal, just increases my love for him. I just hope this goal doesn't go the same route as the one in Germany. I won't be satisfied until we're sitting on a 3rd goal, just to give us some space. We've seen it before, recently even, that 2 goals just isn't enough to sit back and defend.

Defoe to start the 2nd half ahead of Pavlyuchenko I'd say.

Unlucky Bale.

---------- Post added at 03:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

Penalty.

---------- Post added at 03:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 AM ----------

Looool, that's so much unluck. He missed it.