Tottenham v. Arsenal [20:00 - White Hart Lane]

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 190
  • Views Views 10K
Agreed
Everything else up top is pretty much sorted
The relegation battle aswell should be interesting

to be fair kaboul has changes alot since you slung him out first time round. he played ar rb quite a few times at pompey and did a really good job their so i wouldnt say that position is weakend.

Yes but hes not a natural RB, hes sloppy and slow on the ball, we had to play people out of position, danny rose on the right wing for example

Its not an excuse, I never said we lost wholey because of this, but this was a major factor, no matter what anyone says, Id like to see Liverpool play without Torres and Gerrard, Which is the same as us with Persie and Fabregas, You might say were a one man team but if he has to play for us to win so be it!
every team has injuries, its how you deal with it that matters. Arsenal have the same type of players picking up the samy type of injuries.

To be honest it amazes me that Arrsenal are where they are with RVP being out for so long
Its a great accomplishment, if they won the league it would go down as one of the best

I have said this before and I shall say it again, Almunia out. Get a new GK before the new season otherwise we will go another year without a trophy.

While Tottenham as a whole didn't play particularly well, their defence was strong and their goalkeeper was stronger, it just goes to show the difference of class between opposing goalkeepers has the biggest effect on a game.

Diaby played like an absolute ****** today and some of our other players weren't much better, though I was very impressed with the way RVP came on after so much time out and played just how well I remember him playing. It also needs to be said that Sol Campbell was absolutely flawless tonight, he's old but he's still got it.

To sum up, Almunia should have done so much better with both of the goals and Gomes secured the win for Tottenham.

Arsenal need to do serious buying this summer.

but it is funny how when you spurs fans win you get big mouths but lose you got nothing to say?. . good game but we did deserve more.

I hold my hands up whenever we lose a game and deserve it.

Chin up mate, Chelsea might lose 3 games.

Im stunned at Wengers reaction "Spurs defended very well" "they were sharper than us" thats not like him.
Has he been drugged.

I hold my hands up whenever we lose a game and deserve it.

Chin up mate, Chelsea might lose 3 games.

lol but thats you not everyone does. i will today and say its always the same old for arsenal.

Arsenal had an eight day break to be refreshed more than us. Everytime we draw or win against you the Gooners always go on about how they had a weaker side. Please stop the excuse has become boring.

To be fair, we have got 6/7 certain starters injured. Oh, and the second comment, that is generally what I hear from Spurs fans when we beat you. Take the Emirates for example, my mates still blame the lack of Lennon as to why they didn't win. I'm not blaming that, heck, I'm not too bothered about this result, it's the bigger picture.

but it is funny how when you spurs fans win you get big mouths but lose you got nothing to say?. . good game but we did deserve more.

Please don't say that, whenever we lose, one of our fanboys comes on here and says how we were cheated out of it. I said that the referee was too easy going, but I am no way blaming him for this defeat. We lacked a spark, passion, drive.

To be honest it amazes me that Arrsenal are where they are with RVP being out for so long
Its a great accomplishment, if they won the league it would go down as one of the best

Thank you, this is like Chelsea without Drogba, United without Rooney, RVP is up there with the worlds best. And if we had him, I think we would have won the league. But I know we haven't had him, so I will not be lured into blaming it, and I know he's been injured, and we've gone 5 years without a trophy.

I have said this before and I shall say it again, Almunia out. Get a new GK before the new season otherwise we will go another year without a trophy.

While Tottenham as a whole didn't play particularly well, their defence was strong and their goalkeeper was stronger, it just goes to show the difference of class between opposing goalkeepers has the biggest effect on a game.

Diaby played like an absolute ****** today and some of our other players weren't much better, though I was very impressed with the way RVP came on after so much time out and played just how well I remember him playing. It also needs to be said that Sol Campbell was absolutely flawless tonight, he's old but he's still got it.

To sum up, Almunia should have done so much better with both of the goals and Gomes secured the win for Tottenham.

Arsenal need to do serious buying this summer.

Right, you must be frustrated, just as I am. I am angry with the lack of passion, the lack of drive, the lack of determination to do well for Arsenal. There needs to be a mass exodus, and huge overhaul in the way we think. We simply can't have players like Rosicky, who has no drive, no commitment. As much as I slag off going in hard, that's because our players don't do it! We need to be putting our foot in. Showing how much it really means to wear the red shirt.

There's something that's been on my mind, something I never thought in a million years I would say. Wenger out? Let's think about it, it all boils down to him. If Rafa has won 2 major trophies in 6 years, and we've won 0 in 5, why is Wenger's job safe. I know he's the best manager we've had, but has he taken us too far?

We can say, oh it's the players fault for having no passion, but who is it that is meant to teach them about wearing the shirt? Mr Wenger. Who is it that has bought these players in, only to say, oh they are too young, yet, when we get close, we bottle it. We say we learn, but do we really? If all these losses are a learning experience, well this is going to carry on for years and years.

Wenger lost his squad to quickly. You see United's title winners, they stay for 10 years, and can win you champions league's and premier league titles. We had one of the best squad's I have ever seen (03/04), but look, we lost it, in a space of 3 years. It's only now we are thinking of bringing them back when we should have never let them even go in the first place. I've got so much to write, but I just can't do it tonight, another time maybe.

As you can tell, I'm ****** off, not as much with the result, with the performance and ultimately the season, and the last 4 seasons before that. Call me bitter, but I love my team, and I take football way too much to heart, but when I spend my money, my time, my life, supporting, and paying for the club, I expect the same kind of passion back.

From, An Unhappy Gooner, AFC 'till I die :'(:wub:

To be fair, we have got 6/7 certain starters injured. Oh, and the second comment, that is generally what I hear from Spurs fans when we beat you. Take the Emirates for example, my mates still blame the lack of Lennon as to why they didn't win. I'm not blaming that, heck, I'm not too bothered about this result, it's the bigger picture.

Please don't say that, whenever we lose, one of our fanboys comes on here and says how we were cheated out of it. I said that the referee was too easy going, but I am no way blaming him for this defeat. We lacked a spark, passion, drive.

Thank you, this is like Chelsea without Drogba, United without Rooney, RVP is up there with the worlds best. And if we had him, I think we would have won the league. But I know we haven't had him, so I will not be lured into blaming it, and I know he's been injured, and we've gone 5 years without a trophy.

Right, you must be frustrated, just as I am. I am angry with the lack of passion, the lack of drive, the lack of determination to do well for Arsenal. There needs to be a mass exodus, and huge overhaul in the way we think. We simply can't have players like Rosicky, who has no drive, no commitment. As much as I slag off going in hard, that's because our players don't do it! We need to be putting our foot in. Showing how much it really means to wear the red shirt.

There's something that's been on my mind, something I never thought in a million years I would say. Wenger out? Let's think about it, it all boils down to him. If Rafa has won 2 major trophies in 6 years, and we've won 0 in 5, why is Wenger's job safe. I know he's the best manager we've had, but has he taken us too far?

We can say, oh it's the players fault for having no passion, but who is it that is meant to teach them about wearing the shirt? Mr Wenger. Who is it that has bought these players in, only to say, oh they are too young, yet, when we get close, we bottle it. We say we learn, but do we really? If all these losses are a learning experience, well this is going to carry on for years and years.

Wenger lost his squad to quickly. You see United's title winners, they stay for 10 years, and can win you champions league's and premier league titles. We had one of the best squad's I have ever seen (03/04), but look, we lost it, in a space of 3 years. It's only now we are thinking of bringing them back when we should have never let them even go in the first place. I've got so much to write, but I just can't do it tonight, another time maybe.

As you can tell, I'm ****** off, not as much with the result, with the performance and ultimately the season, and the last 4 seasons before that. Call me bitter, but I love my team, and I take football way too much to heart, but when I spend my money, my time, my life, supporting, and paying for the club, I expect the same kind of passion back.

From, An Unhappy Gooner, AFC 'till I die :'(:wub:

Trouble with Wenger is he seems to think when a player gets to thirty they cant cut it anymore. I know he got Campbell back but if you look at United still with Giggs and Scholes it proves they can still cut it at the top level. He also needs a few players who can get stuck in like the days of Petit and Viera.

Ah poo. Caught up with the match commentary on my phone during my darts game.

To see Arsenal go two down right after the break made me seriously want to throw my phone across the room. Frankie's love of life Nicklas pulled one back but I didn't get my hopes up. According to BBC Sport updates on the phone, Spurs had around 11 shots on target to Arsenal's what, 5? That is poor. And as for the 'Almunia out' statement by Redrup: I couldn't agree more. Time and time again he has been the main target for criticism for Arsenal's points dropped. We need a replacement and fast. That goes for Fabianski, too. Mannone's a good prospect, but not yet for another few seasons.

Oh well, another season without a trophy is obvious now. ****** Arsenal. But congrats to the Yids on their first league win over the Gunners in years. 11 to be exact.

Oh Arsenal We Love You :wub:

Trouble with Wenger is he seems to think when a player gets to thirty they cant cut it anymore. I know he got Campbell back but if you look at United still with Giggs and Scholes it proves they can still cut it at the top level. He also needs a few players who can get stuck in like the days of Petit and Viera.

Totally agree mate, I don't think it's so much the fact he doesn't think they cannot cut it, it's because he is such a business sense man, he thinks he must make money, or not lose money, so he thinks of the re-sale price not the added experience, and know-how the player can have, totally agree.

And can I also say hats off to Spurs, they defended really well, they set up to defend, and that is what they did. I know I knocked them for doing it, but they got the job done, well done.

Last edited:
6 seasons without a trophy it seems now, I know Wenger is a fantastic manager but time must be ticking for him now and quickly running out aswell.

Totally agree mate, I don't think it's so much the fact he doesn't think they cannot cut it, it's because he is such a business sense man, he thinks he must make money, or not lose money, so he thinks of the re-sale price not the added experience, and know-how the player can have, totally agree.

And can I also say hats off to Spurs, they defended really well, they set up to defend, and that is what they did. I know I knocked them for doing it, but they got the job done, well done.

You can say that but we had more shots on goal and looked more likely to score, we were the ones doing all the attacking in the 20 mins after the break

6 seasons without a trophy it seems now, I know Wenger is a fantastic manager but time must be ticking for him now and quickly running out aswell.

Five Max, five... (A)

You can say that but we had more shots on goal and looked more likely to score, we were the ones doing all the attacking in the 20 mins after the break

Yeah, but come on, stats don't tell the story, what I mean is that you put 11 men behind the ball, got the 2nd goal through our shoddy defending, then we lost it, I would say you did set out to defend, but when the 2nd went in, we gave up, and just let you have the ball if you understand? I can see where you're coming from, and I am in no way saying that setting up to defend is bad, after all you won the game

I can easily see why Spurs possibly 'set up to defend' as I doubt they would of wanted to go all out attack or play a free flowing game against a team like Arsenal who will rip you apart if you do that against them.

Whether Spurs went to defend or not, it was a great result and keeps them with a decent chance of 4th spot.

Yeah, but come on, stats don't tell the story, what I mean is that you put 11 men behind the ball, got the 2nd goal through our shoddy defending, then we lost it, I would say you did set out to defend, but when the 2nd went in, we gave up, and just let you have the ball if you understand? I can see where you're coming from, and I am in no way saying that setting up to defend is bad, after all you won the game

yeah i see what your saying, but if we had gone out to play the same football as you then lets face it we would have been beaten, so we had to go with a game plan of counter attacking and it worked :D. To be fair though the second goal although it was poor defending, the ball from defoe was great and bales finish was pretty good

Back