Tottenham vs Man City

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 96
  • Views Views 5K
After the way Mancini set his stall out tonight, I hope Stoke crucify them. If he just defends, defends, defends during the whole match, it'll simply ruin the game as a spectacle. And I'm sure the fans who are travelling all that way, and paying a fortune for the tickets will just love that won't they. I want a proper Cup final, not a snorefest. The FA Cup has history, and deserves to be respected as a competition-no matter who plays in it, and whoever they are playing against.

Glory hunters suck the big one. The real fans are those whose chosen clubs haven't won anything for ages & aren't likely too either & haven't got a multi-billionaire to finance his 'hobby'.

All respect to the latter.

The real fans are those whose chosen clubs haven't won anything for ages & aren't likely too either & haven't got a multi-billionaire to finance his 'hobby'.

Thanks. Need the support right now :) lol

There is a few loopholes to the deal, if the club television channel set up were to sell 'TV rights' to a middle east company to have an MCFC TV channel set up there UEFA can not limit what the 'company' pays the club which would go into the revenue streams. FFP really is not water tight, same thing for 'shirt sales' that can be exploited, thats the ways out of FFP but next season will be the second season of three seasons clubs have to get their books in order before it comes into play I believe.

Another knock on effect of FFP is devaluing of players and alot more contracts running out which I suppose if it kicks the agents in the teeth is a good move.
BUT wages wise nothing will change and clubs will not pay players wages from the club holding to player (Well maybe 1k a week), the rest will go through either image rights or from a transaction from company to players bank account with less tax as it is not technically a wage.
Plenty of flaws to Platinis master plan

Last edited:
There is a few loopholes to the deal, if the club television channel set up were to sell 'TV rights' to a middle east company to have an MCFC TV channel set up there UEFA can not limit what the 'company' pays the club which would go into the revenue streams. FFP really is not water tight, same thing for 'shirt sales' that can be exploited, thats the ways out of FFP but next season will be the second season of three seasons clubs have to get their books in order before it comes into play I believe.

Another knock on effect of FFP is devaluing of players and alot more contracts running out which I suppose if it kicks the agents in the teeth is a good move.
BUT wages wise nothing will change and clubs will not pay players wages from the club holding-player (Well maybe 1k a week(, the rest will go through either image rights or from a transaction from company to players bank account with less tax as it is not technically a wage.
Plenty of flaws to Platinis master plan

those are covered, if UEFA feels they are "fixing" the numbers

take a read The Swiss Ramble: How Manchester City Could Break Even

platini will make it work because his rep is on the line, especially give he will run for FIFA in 2015, also he would like nothing better than to nail a club like city to the wall

Doubt it, they saw Lech Poznan doing it and decided to steal it.

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

If City failed the FFP, what would happen with our 4th champions league spot?

Hopefully the 5th team would get it by proxy.

Glory hunters suck the big one. The real fans are those whose chosen clubs haven't won anything for ages & aren't likely too either & haven't got a multi-billionaire to finance his 'hobby'.

I've supported Enga when we were in the first division (second tier), yet we've won the league and came second last year. Does that mean I'm not a real supporter?

those are covered, if UEFA feels they are "fixing" the numbers

take a read The Swiss Ramble: How Manchester City Could Break Even

platini will make it work because his rep is on the line, especially give he will run for FIFA in 2015, also he would like nothing better than to nail a club like city to the wall

I know its slightly off-topic a bit, but how would teams like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Milan etc fair with the FFP when it comes in? Would they be affected in any way?

No, because that would mean clubs like City can get away with spending crazy money without having the means too, which is effectively what Madridista is saying they will be able to do.

That's the thing, how are they going to control sponsorship deals? **** I can even see the Sheik 'buying' Man City shirts and giving them away to arabs in the streets, it'd still count as merchandising. IDK, I was really happy to see this rule coming into play because it may also mean that not every single one of our promising youngsters will end up in Europe, but I just seem to find so many possible - granted, my examples are pretty absurd - weaknesses. I just hope it works out well.

I know its slightly off-topic a bit, but how would teams like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Milan etc fair with the FFP when it comes in? Would they be affected in any way?

ive not seen many of their figures, but from what i remember madrid and barca have some issues. It isnt just englands elite, there are lot of european clubs who stand a decent chance of failing the FFP rules

Really good performance, Kompany is absolutely outstanding and i honestly believe he is the best center back in the premiership along with vidic currently. Message to Crapello, get Richards in the england squad ffs!! he is amazing and proved it again tonight. Thought everyone played well, Dzeko did decently considering the lack of support he got all game. People complain about Mancini's tactics all you want, they are good tactics and they have worked for us this season, spurs never really looked like breaking us down. Credit to spurs, Gallas and Rose played very well but you lacked any real penetration in the final third.

Bring on the champions league. And Dobcheev, glory hunters are something that is gonna come if you rise up the table and the ranks in football, but i can proudly say i am not a glory hunter and have supported city since 99.

Well Barcelona's net turnover from last years rich list is 330-360 million pounds with Man United second I believe (Not 100 pct) but if you minus the debts that Barcelona, Madrid, Manchester United all have I don't think it leaves alot to spend in FFP. All pretty much everyone is certain about is going into FFP the most powerful club in the world by quite a distance will be...Arsenal. He still probably wont spend but they are easily the example everyone will start to follow. Roman and his billionaires are smart so I would not put it past them and their accountants to concupt a way around these rules however. Especially when he signed Torres and broke Chelsea's FFP era policy I am sure he has some way around them already otherwise he would not have brokered 72 million worth of deals. FFP signals the end of agents extortion as well, Platini is underestimating these two groups of people who in my opinion hold the power in football so I am sure some people will find ways around FFP some way.

ive not seen many of their figures, but from what i remember madrid and barca have some issues. It isnt just englands elite, there are lot of european clubs who stand a decent chance of failing the FFP rules

I see. So it could be very messy for a lot of European mainland clubs then. Going to be very interesting to see what happens. Had a feeling it would be a lot tougher for clubs on the European continent. And I wonder how Real Madrids link to the Spanish government will come into this aswell.

I've supported Enga when we were in the first division (second tier), yet we've won the league and came second last year. Does that mean I'm not a real supporter?

Difficult one. Forgive my ignorance but, who/where are Enga ?

Does it really matter who you support, just support whoever the **** you want. Who cares what other people think.

Back