Tottenham vs Man City

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 96
  • Views Views 5K
How's that ? Doesn't sound logical to me ? Wait, player have 6 months left on his contract and you can sign him ? Is that it ?

Or the contract ends, but pretty much, yes.

Difficult one. Forgive my ignorance but, who/where are Enga ?

Vålerenga are a Norwegian club. Qualified for the Cup Winners Cup back in '96 while still in the second tier. So I presume you suggest I should stop supporting the club I've supported since I knew what football was because they're doing well?

Glory hunters suck the big one. The real fans are those whose chosen clubs haven't won anything for ages & aren't likely too either & haven't got a multi-billionaire to finance his 'hobby'.

All respect to the latter.

what a load of ****, so because a club has won stuff and has a lot of money they dont have ANY real fans

liverpool have won 18 league titles and have just bought andy carroll for 35m - therefore by your standards Liverpool have NO true fans.

living in warrington i have 9 premiership teams within 20-30mins drive away from me, i support city because theyre one of them local teams and because a lot of my family and friends support them, more specifically, one of my best mates who got me seriously into football.

i also follow/support huddersfield town because theyre my local team at uni - i go to their matches and enjoy following them as a lower league club and will do forever now due to having another two years yet living there.

Last edited:
What do you expect us to do? go all out attack when we are defending a CL position? thats the way Hughes thought and we were shocking under him, the defence was Wigan-Esque when Hughes was at the helm. Dont be such a hypocrite, everytime we play Everton all you do is Park the bus then hoof it forward to Saha, ive got no problem with long ball or parking the bus, just ridiculous when people complain about it.

Jonesy: Who gives a **** if they defend a lead, whatever wins games.

Sums up my thoughts.

Anyways, back on topic, what a contrast of seasons for Crouch. He sent his team to the CL last year, and he took them out of the CL this year, and apparently, not happy enough with that, he also blew their chances of qualifying for next years CL. I still find it hard to believe, such a change in fortunes.

Anyways, back on topic, what a contrast of seasons for Crouch. He sent his team to the CL last year, and he took them out of the CL this year, and apparently, not happy enough with that, he also blew their chances of qualifying for next years CL. I still find it hard to believe, such a change in fortunes.

i forgot about his red card in the CL too lol.

Yes. Cannot wait to see the emergence of more 'plastic' Manchester City fans like the tool above.

Will be even better to see how they celebrate IF they win the FA cup. Buying trophies must be fantastic

They could well win their first trophy in 25 years and have just qualified for the CL. Give them some credit where it's due...

I doubt they will spend too much tbh, what with the FFP rules coming in soon. But they aren't far away from being a serious force. People are underestimating them IMO, it's quite possible they could become more successful than United in coming years. Those of you saying it will never happen in your lifetime, how can you possibly predict that? Football can change instantaneously.

If you're wondering why I'm sticking up for City, well... someone has to, and I have always had a soft spot for them because of how many United fans at my school are twats. (That wasn't meant to be an attempt to troll btw, I'm sure most United fans are very nice people :))

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

At least he scored in the Mars advert

Congratulations to Manchester City for finishing in the top four. :)

Try and go one step further and finish above Arsenal.

Thanks for being a good sport, unlike some. Cough CJ Cough

To clear some things...btw sorry Mike...can you forgive me? :D

I didn't mean we will net spend that much. Ade and all the loanees + jo, swp and tevez will probably be sold. it will generate around 50m+ hopefully.

a VERY reliable ITK said that we are going for 6 players. 1 back up gk, cb to replace Kolo, Lb and the 3 attacking midfielders/forwards and maybe a striker. And he said that it would cost around 100m. He was last summer right with all things and he isn't a joke or something.

Congrats City on getting 4th spot and champions league football.

This summer city will struggle to sell player. No club will match the wages City are paying, so that makes City to pay compensation for every player.

FFP kicks in from 2012-13 season isn't it? So they will consider records from 2011-12. So that means City will be playing in champions league next season.

Vålerenga are a Norwegian club. Qualified for the Cup Winners Cup back in '96 while still in the second tier. So I presume you suggest I should stop supporting the club I've supported since I knew what football was because they're doing well?

Thanks for that clarification. To answer your query: No.

Thanks for that clarification. To answer your query: No.

I just dislike Norwegians that support English clubs. It really, really bothers me. They're not English, they've never been to the city, they just support them because they're on TV a lot. I went to see Vålerenga - Barcelona last year and I swear, there were more Barcelona supporters than Vålerenga supporters there, and to put it this way - the Barca supporters were not Spanish...

I just dislike Norwegians that support English clubs. It really, really bothers me. They're not English, they've never been to the city, they just support them because they're on TV a lot. I went to see Vålerenga - Barcelona last year and I swear, there were more Barcelona supporters than Vålerenga supporters there, and to put it this way - the Barca supporters were not Spanish...

We get a lot of Scandinavians, & Norwegians in particular, who actually come over to watch Liverpool at Anfield, so in their defence they support the team in person & not sat in front of their TV's watching live games or watching in pubs - but I agree with you - in a perfect world, all supporters would support their local club in attending matches & buying merchandise, thus adding to the club's financial security. However, I'm sure FSG or any of the world's major club owners wouldn't agree with that theory & it's a far from perfect world.

Good luck to Valerenga against everyone except LFC !

We get a lot of Scandinavians, & Norwegians in particular, who actually come over to watch Liverpool at Anfield, so in their defence they support the team in person & not sat in front of their TV's watching live games or watching in pubs - but I agree with you - in a perfect world, all supporters would support their local club in attending matches & buying merchandise, thus adding to the club's financial security. However, I'm sure FSG or any of the world's major club owners wouldn't agree with that theory & it's a far from perfect world.

Good luck to Valerenga against everyone except LFC !

We're playing you this August in a friendly, and we may face you in Europe;p

We also sing "You'll Never Walk Alone."

Glory hunters suck the big one. The real fans are those whose chosen clubs haven't won anything for ages & aren't likely too either & haven't got a multi-billionaire to finance his 'hobby'.

All respect to the latter.

To be fair, most of the Man City fans have most likely supported them when they was the lesser team in Manchester, now they have turned successful you automatically call them glory supports?

Does it really matter who you support, just support whoever the **** you want. Who cares what other people think.

I'm sorry but I really, really disagree with you on that one.

Glory-hunters destroy local clubs and even their own local leagues (such as in the case of Norway as Chaz pointed out, I read about Norwegian support for the Prem in Soccernomics, and if they supported their own league like they did the Premiership, they would have a much better league and even possibly better players and a better national team; another big case is in the US where everyone is a ManU fan or maybe Chelsea or Arsenal while they don't support the MLS at all, which ultimately is the reason the US sucks at soccer, and as an American soccer fan, that really, really sucks). They also enable the few big clubs of the world to have so much unprecedented financial power in the modern age of the globalized game that they have an extremely unfair advantage.

And that makes it worse for all of the real football fans of the world, who actually support their own local teams or who like to see a competitive league without the same two or three teams winning it every single year. Glory-hunters (made more possible by modern TV and the internet) are one of the reasons that the modern game has become what it has become.

Back