Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cesc and Nasri for Benayoun and Arteta. Disappointed but could have been worse.

OK. Time for me to cancel Sky. Watching Everton play this year is going to be tough with no creative players.

Can't see Moyes stayin beyond January, too good to be at a club in dire straits.

Chelsea have confirmed that 28-year-old Portugal international Raul Meireles has joined the club from Liverpool on a four-year deal. The fee is believed to be in the region of £12m

by way liverpool fans, if he hadnt have put in the request, liverpool would have had to pay him a £1m loyalty bonus...

Feel a little bit confused as to why Meireles wanted to leave. It can't be due to the competition in his position as it would very much be the same at Chelsea. He's a quality player and will be really sad to see him go - I wonder how much Kenny wanted to hang on to him.

Meireles wanted to lave becasuse he doesn't want to be in the bench, simple, great move by chelsea, they get someone cheaper and better than Moutinho, also older, but anyway ;D!

by way liverpool fans, if he hadnt have put in the request, liverpool would have had to pay him a £1m loyalty bonus...

And we haven't just paid 35mil for a useless ****** that wins a header every now and then? Please...

Somehow I don't see how I could thank a player for handing in a written transfer request 18 minutes before it ended, I just don't.

And we haven't just paid 35mil for a useless ****** that wins a header every now and then? Please...

Somehow I don't see how I could thank a player for handing in a written transfer request 18 minutes before it ended, I just don't.

Because they knew the offer was coming in. by handing it in, he saves liverpool £1m

Meireles wanted to lave becasuse he doesn't want to be in the bench, simple, great move by chelsea, they get someone cheaper and better than Moutinho, also older, but anyway ;D!
And he's just going to sit on chelsea's bench, too.

Last edited:
Must be the only Liverpool fan who doesn't have a problem with Mereiles handing in a transfer request. He's a good player but, no player is bigger than the club. I just want to know the fee, that's all. Hoping that Sturridge has been involved, but think that's a dream.

I don't even see it as a step up for him. It's between us and Chelsea for 3rd and 4th. I'd love for nothing more than to finish above them to stick it to Torres especially.

Also, btw, I'm glad for Yossi Benayoun. Hopefully he does well at Arsenal as when he's fit, he can be one of the best players in this league in his position.

Must be the only Liverpool fan who doesn't have a problem with Mereiles handing in a transfer request. He's a good player but, no player is bigger than the club. I just want to know the fee, that's all. Hoping that Sturridge has been involved, but think that's a dream.

I don't even see it as a step up for him. It's between us and Chelsea for 3rd and 4th. I'd love for nothing more than to finish above them to stick it to Torres especially.

Also, btw, I'm glad for Yossi Benayoun. Hopefully he does well at Arsenal as when he's fit, he can be one of the best players in this league in his position.

£12m and because of him, you dont have to pay him £1m either

Because they knew the offer was coming in. by handing it in, he saves liverpool £1m

If they knew it was coming then why was meireles waiting and waiting? It doesn't add up. And i've already address the saving us 1million, I basically said I couldn't care less.

And you know for a fact chelsea were ready to bid 10m+ before his request? Yeah ok. He could've done this a while ago when they were interested so we could find a replacement (not that I think we really need one right away). Yes they weren't offering just a cash offer, but if he put his request in then, they would've bid again.

Bit annoying doing it half an hour before the window closes. Also shows his mentality, that he isn't willing to fight for his position. And who the **** does he think he is anyway, steven gerrard? He's a pretty good player, had a hot streak for a few games and was above average for the rest, but it shows how bad benitez + hodgeson's team was that he seems to expect to be first on the teamsheet every game.

Two games in that he started on the bench and he decides he wants out. I even think he would've started our next match since him and suarez changed the game, but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back