Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even see it as a step up for him. It's between us and Chelsea for 3rd and 4th. I'd love for nothing more than to finish above them to stick it to Torres especially.

Its a big step up, Chelsea in the Champions League Liverpool are not.
Plus Chelsea or challenging for the league this season Liverpool are not.

Must be the only Liverpool fan who doesn't have a problem with Mereiles handing in a transfer request. He's a good player but, no player is bigger than the club. I just want to know the fee, that's all. Hoping that Sturridge has been involved, but think that's a dream.

I don't even see it as a step up for him. It's between us and Chelsea for 3rd and 4th. I'd love for nothing more than to finish above them to stick it to Torres especially.

Also, btw, I'm glad for Yossi Benayoun. Hopefully he does well at Arsenal as when he's fit, he can be one of the best players in this league in his position.

15M apparently.

Really dont understand why some liverpool fans can't see the wood for the trees in this deal. Dalglish brough in his midfield signings, at which point Meireles was effective available for the right price, and Chelsea have been chasing that all summer.

He didnt force the move, Liverpool were simply awaiting Chelsea's improved offer. he then hands in a request and saves the club £1m.

Nothing whatsoever to do with being bigger than the club, who were the ones who put him up for sale

DONE DEALS
A double deal by Aston Villa to tell you about. They captured Tottenham midfielder Jermaine Jenas on a season-long loan and have also brought in his Spurs team-mate Alan Hutton in a permanent move, with the Scot signing until 2015

And you know for a fact chelsea were ready to bid 10m+ before his request? Yeah ok. He could've done this a while ago when they were interested so we could find a replacement (not that I think we really need one right away). Yes they weren't offering just a cash offer, but if he put his request in then, they would've bid again.

Bit annoying doing it half an hour before the window closes. Also shows his mentality, that he isn't willing to fight for his position. And who the **** does he think he is anyway, steven gerrard? He's a pretty good player, had a hot streak for a few games and was above average for the rest, but it shows how bad benitez + hodgeson's team was that he seems to expect to be first on the teamsheet every game.

Two games in that he started on the bench and he decides he wants out. I even think he would've started our next match since him and suarez changed the game, but whatever.

No chelsea held out till the very last moment. then made a bid, then he sent the request. how else do you think a 4 year deal had already been agreed.

if he doesnt hand it in. he still gets sold, only you pay him £1m. but somehow that would make liverpool fans happier oO)

Its a big step up, Chelsea in the Champions League Liverpool are not.
Plus Chelsea or challenging for the league this season Liverpool are not.

Long term it certainly isn't a step up.

£12m and because of him, you dont have to pay him £1m either

If you'd have said £12m and Daniel Sturridge, I'd have been in heaven, but £12m is pretty much what we paid orignally?
Like I said, I'm not that fussed that he's gone. Good player but I'm sure we won't miss him. We'll miss Aquilani more. People can't compare this to the Torres situation. Hopefully he has a good a start to his Chelsea career as Mr. Torres did.

EDIT: Also, I still think somethings a bit fishy that both clubs are reporting different stories, especially on Chelsea's part.

only one midfielder in liverpool screwed his club, and it wasnt meireles.

hello Mikel

Must be the only Liverpool fan who doesn't have a problem with Mereiles handing in a transfer request. He's a good player but, no player is bigger than the club. I just want to know the fee, that's all. Hoping that Sturridge has been involved, but think that's a dream.

Also, btw, I'm glad for Yossi Benayoun. Hopefully he does well at Arsenal as when he's fit, he can be one of the best players in this league in his position.

I'm sad to see him go because I think he's quality but I do agree with you mate. It's a bit pathetic if he has sour grapes about fighting for his position - not sure what he expects at Chelsea, especially with AVB promising that youngster a chance in the first team (I forget his name). Lampard is past it but doesn't mean he won't start the majority of games. Then you've got Essien who when fit is the best DM in the world, with Mikel a healthy backup. And then there's Ramires who can play CM too.

Like you said - I hope we do finish higher than them this season and show them what they could have had - show them sour grapes :D

And certainly good luck to Benayoun, I hope he gets the games he deserves and isn't outed when Wenger finds a more suitable replacement for Nasri. He's a top man and has been honest with why he left and I think everybody respects him for that - unlike the other two named above.

If anything, it makes the loan of Aquilani to Milan even more annoying.

EDIT: oh aye, I don't doubt his quality, but I've got nothing to be bitter about. If he can't hack fighting for his place, then cash in.

No chelsea held out till the very last moment. then made a bid, then he sent the request. how else do you think a 4 year deal had already been agreed.

if he doesnt hand it in. he still gets sold, only you pay him £1m. but somehow that would make liverpool fans happier oO)
No tbh i'm not too bitter that he's gone, more the timing that he did it. I won't hold grudges like with torres, I'd just have preferred him to stay since we were getting our squad depth for once.

Because its chelsea were you name a wage and they pay?

No tbh i'm not too bitter that he's gone, more the timing that he did it. I won't hold grudges like with torres, I'd just have preferred him to stay since we were getting our squad depth for once.

But it wasnt him, it was Liverpool. Personally i'd have sold him early and kept Aquilani. He's only gone last because chelsea caved at the last minute and upped the bid. If anything Kenny should have made last week a deadline

Two things that seem very wierd. 1) Lfc.tv still only says Fee Agreed. 2) Bellamy didn't get the No.10 and this isn't because he always has 39. He had 17 last time at Liverpool. I have an thought this isn't the end of it. Could be adding 2+2 and getting 39.

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

Drenthe has signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back