Transfer Rumour Thread 2012/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunc

Keyboard Warrior
Reaction score
Use this thread for Summer 2012 transfer rumours and January 2013 rumours.

Please try and post a source with your rumours.

I understand the transfer window isn't open, and won't be open for a while, but there are already lots of rumours floating around, so post any you find in here so people can see them and discuss them.

You can find last years thread here: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/english-football/74429-transfer-rumour-thread-2011-2012-a.html

Thanks

Football transfer rumours: Mario Götze to Arsenal?

Today's guff knows the price of everything

Borussia-Dortmunds-Mario--007.jpg
B
orussia Dortmund's Mario Götze could be hopping sround on one leg at the Emirates next season. Photograph: Marcelo Del Pozo / Reuters/Reuters

Has anybody considered the Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini for the England job? He's proving himself the equal of Harry Redknapp, is all, certainly when it comes to unnecessarily flapping his gums about players from other teams. Here he is today placing a speculative £30m price tag on the Napoli striker Edinson Cavani, then suggesting Arsenal's Robin van Persie would cost roughly the same. "But I think he will remain at Arsenal," adds Mancini, after all that. Why is he saying this? We all know why he's saying this.

Once RVP – as we must refer to him in this monogram-lite, post Villas-Boas age – has upped sticks and buggered off to Manchester, he'll be replaced at Arsenal by Lukas Podolski of Bundesliga outfit Köln. Podolski has scored 16 goals this season for a team not far from the relegation places, a decent return, but does LP look as good embroidered on a dressing gown, smoking jacket, or set of three handkerchiefs? Not really.

Arsenal also want Borussia Dortmund's Mario Götze, and West Bromwich Albion's Peter Odemwingie. The latter transfer would force the Baggies manager Roy Hodgson into picking a new member of staff to repeatedly castigate in public whenever anything goes wrong. Early runners for the role are Shane Long (2-1), Graeme Dorrans (5-1), the reserve keeper Marton Fulop (20-1) and himself (500,000-1).

Juventus seem to be finally back, only a few years after coming back. And having snatched Paul Pogba from Manchester United, they're now looking to further bolster their midfield with Arsenal's Alex Song and 2005's Michael Essien.
Having seen Pogba swan off to Turin, Tottenham Hotspur have realised Manchester United are flogging all the fresh meat. Harry Redknapp plans to sign the defender Ezekiel Fryers, making off with the smile of a man who has just won the chop and sausage platter in the Sunday raffle at his local drinker.

Chelsea won't be appointing Rafael Benítez, after their fans reacted angrily to the idea at Birmingham the other night. Three or four or maybe just two of them waved a bedsheet about with "No Benítez at the bridge" scrawled on it, a brazen snook cocked to the two-time La Liga winner, and to typography.

Robbie Fowler's move to Blackpool has fallen through after he was offered a wage of £100 a week. An arch reference there to Johnny Haynes by the chairman Karl Oyston, the Tommy Trinder of this piece. Cutting-edge nods to Fulham inside-forwards from the 1950s, and hosts of Val Parnell's Sunday Night at the London Palladium; you lucky people!

The Billy Fury fan Gregg Wylde, formerly of Rangers FC RIP, won't need to haul his carcass down the job centre to sign on. He's a target forAston Villa, Bolton Wanderers, Southampton, Blackpool andBristol City.
While we're on the subject of Rangers, the former director Paul Murrayand the Sale Sharks owner Brian Kennedy are both interested in purchasing the stricken Scottish champions, while Mervan Celik is off to the job centre.

And Stoke City are chasing after the Blackpool winger Matt Phillips.

Liverpool's interest in FC Twente striker Luuk de Jong has been confirmed by his agent.

The 21-year-old has been linked with several clubs in recent weeks, with Newcastle and Tottenham also thought to be keen.

But with Liverpool believed to be keen on adding some extra attacking options to their squad this summer after seeing the likes of Andy Carroll struggle in front of goal this season, agent Marco de Marchi has confirmed that is aware of interest from Anfield.

However, he added: "Several English and German teams follow him."

De Jong has already admitted he is keen on a move to the Premiership.

The Netherlands international recently told FIFA.com: "I’m still very happy playing for Twente, but every player has dreams.

"Mine is to play in a nice foreign competition one day. And the Premier League is a really nice competition.

"I don’t have real plans for the future - I’ll see what comes my way."

http://www.crunchsports.com/categor...-de-Jong-confirmed-by-his-agent-201203080017/

I doubt the source, but he looks like a decent player.

Reports say Podolski is set to sign for £11 million, on 100k p/w.
That would be a brilliant bit of business for them, if it was true. £11 million for Lukas Podolski (a player who has tons of experience yet isn't extremely old) is brilliant, and £100k per week is not a massive wage these days. I saw in the Arsenal thread someone said that Denílson and Manuel Almunia's wage added together equalled £100k p/w, which shows how good this piece of business is! They just need to offload some of their deadwood now!

Compared to the prices of Andy Carroll and Fernando Torres, as well, this transfer shows how shrewd Arsène Wenger can be when signing players - he can get talented and experienced players for bargain prices. I've also heard that Podolski could join Arsenal for £5 million if Cologne get relegated!

100K p/w would require arsenal to offer persie 200k for sure if they want him to stay
I don't think it's about the money for Robin Van Persie, it's more about the ambition. The signing of Podolski would show him that Wenger means business, and perhaps persuade him to play. After all, he is playing brilliant at Arsenal and is club captain! If he moved, perhaps he wouldn't be as brilliant as he is now!

​- PZW

That would be a brilliant bit of business for them, if it was true. £11 million for Lukas Podolski (a player who has tons of experience yet isn't extremely old) is brilliant, and £100k per week is not a massive wage these days. I saw in the Arsenal thread someone said that Denílson and Manuel Almunia's wage added together equalled £100k p/w, which shows how good this piece of business is! They just need to offload some of their deadwood now!

Or it shows that their paying extremely average players ridiculous amounts of money? I wouldn't want to pay Podolski 100k a week, especially considering RVP is on 90k?

Or it shows that their paying extremely average players ridiculous amounts of money? I wouldn't want to pay Podolski 100k a week, especially considering RVP is on 90k?

RVP will get a new deal in the summer anyways. He will easily get well over 100K.

I know you are a Tottenham fan, but this is slightly harsh. Arsène Wenger is as good financially as any manager, and most of his players are on reasonable wages (bar a few - such as Denílson and Manuel Almunia). You can't judge him on one or two players, who he is probably trying to shift anyway! I'm not trying to stir up trouble, but it's not like Spurs haven't been wasting money on transfers and wages!

​- PZW

I know you are a Tottenham fan, but this is slightly harsh. Arsène Wenger is as good financially as any manager, and most of his players are on reasonable wages (bar a few - such as Denílson and Manuel Almunia). You can't judge him on one or two players, who he is probably trying to shift anyway! I'm not trying to stir up trouble, but it's not like Spurs haven't been wasting money on transfers and wages!

​- PZW

Take a look dear reader, you may find it illuminating.
FIRST TEAM WAGE (pw/k) WAGE (p/yr)
Robin van Persie £90,000 £4,680,000
Andrey Arshavin £80,000 £4,160,000
Mikel Arteta £70,000 £3,640,000
Theo Walcott £70,000 £3,640,000
Thomas Vermaelen £70,000 £3,640,000
Yossi Benayoun £70,000 £3,640,000
Gervinho £70,000 £3,640,000
Manuel Almunia £60,000 £3,120,000
Per Mertesacker £60,000 £3,120,000
Sebastien Squillaci £60,000 £3,120,000
Tomas Rosicky £60,000 £3,120,000
Bacary Sagna £60,000 £3,120,000
Aaron Ramsey £55,000 £2,860,000
Alex Song £55,000 £2,860,000
Jack Wilshere £55,000 £2,860,000
Nicklas Bendtner £52,000 £2,704,000
Marouane Chamakh £50,000 £2,600,000
Abou Diaby £50,000 £2,600,000
Andre Santos £50,000 £2,600,000
Carlos Vela £50,000 £2,600,000

Denilson £50,000 £2,600,000
Johan Djourou £50,000 £2,600,000

Laurent Koscielny £50,000 £2,600,000
Lukasz Fabianski £40,000 £2,080,000
Wojciech Szczesny £40,000 £2,080,000
Armand Traore £40,000 £2,080,000
Ju Young Park £40,000 £2,080,000
Kieran Gibbs £40,000 £2,080,000
Vito Mannone £20,000 £1,040,000
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain £20,000 £1,040,000
Carl Jenkinson £20,000 £1,040,000
Emmanuel Frimpong £20,000 £1,040,000
Ryo £20,000 £1,040,000
Francis Coquelin £15,000 £780,000
Henri Lansbury £5,000 £260,000
Ignasi Miquel £5,000 £260,000

Just a few players then.

Our wage bill is about 40m under Arsenal's and we have only made one or two really poor signings (Bentley) on big money in the past 5/6 years.

I know you are a Tottenham fan, but this is slightly harsh.

As an Arsenal Fan it is not harsh.

The wages we pay awful players is beyond stupid

Cant believe you bolded Rosicky CJ :O

He's been well worth the 60k these past weeks!

Last edited:
As an Arsenal Fan it is not harsh.

The wages we pay awful players is beyond stupid

Cant believe you bolded Rosicky CJ :O

He's been well worth the 60k these past weeks!

Few weeks yes, but overall in the last couple of years he has not.

Robbie Fowlers move to Blackpool is now off. He was offered £90 a week, and a £5000 appearance fee. He said on Twitter:

"Actually it was £90, but would need to play full 90 to get full appearance bonus."

I doubt the source, but he looks like a decent player.

We have too many 'decent' players and not enough quality. Though I do like the look of De Jong and if we can get him for around £10 million I would be reasonably happy.

Rumour is, Valencia is preparing a 10 mil € bid for Schalke's Jurado.

Also, there is talk about Schalke "acquiring" Petric this summer as he'll be out of contract...

Couple A.C Milan rumours:

- Mark van Bommel to PSV on free transfer
- Juventus trying to acquire Nesta on free transfer
- Ambrosini, Flamini and Inzaghi likely leaving club also on free transfers.
- Milan agreed to sell Pato to PSG for 35m, but Pato wanted to stay in january. Now he has chance to impress or will likely be sold in summer.

- Milan interested in signing Udinese fullback Pablo Armero. Also on radar are City's Tevez, Barcelona's Mascherano and Torino's Ogbonna.

Status
Not open for further replies.