TRIBUTE TO FERENC PUSKAS

• Thread starter Thread starter zyndar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 774
  • Views Views 494K
Filters for PUSKAS IV?

No filter mate, since the values are different for the Premier League or Vanarama for example.

This is from the OP:

Most important player attributes

GK – Reflexes, One on Ones, Handling, Communication ,Command Of Area

CD – Positioning, Concentration, Jumping Reach, Tackling, Anticipation

WB – Acceleration, Teamwork, Work Rate, Crossing, Positioning

DLP -
Passing, Technique, First Touch, Vision, Decision, Composure

CM - Work Rate, Teamwork, Passing, Technique, First Touch, Vision, Decisions

IF – Technique, Dribbling, First Touch, Agility, Acceleration, Flair, Finishing -
best if they are opposite footed

AM – Passing, First Touch, Technique, Vision, Anticipation, Flair, Off The Ball

DLF – Finishing, Off The Ball, Composure, First Touch, Anticipation

I've been meaning to share this for a while, but I kept forgetting, goal assists are so evenly spread in this tactic between crosses and through balls. This has been the case across the three seasons I have been using Puskas IV. I thought it would be useful info for those that are fed up scoring the same goal 70 times a season. Some of the through balls are just beautiful when you have the right AMC.

I've been meaning to share this for a while, but I kept forgetting, goal assists are so evenly spread in this tactic between crosses and through balls. This has been the case across the three seasons I have been using Puskas IV. I thought it would be useful info for those that are fed up scoring the same goal 70 times a season. Some of the through balls are just beautiful when you have the right AMC.

Buddy, you should try the Puskas V... I feel its even more balanced and the ACM is doing some incredible stuff.
I'm still testing it with Wolfsburg, playing Draxler there.. its a joy!

Just started a season with Sporting Portugal. So far, so good! 7 games played in the championship, 7 victories!!!

Buddy, you should try the Puskas V... I feel its even more balanced and the ACM is doing some incredible stuff.
I'm still testing it with Wolfsburg, playing Draxler there.. its a joy!

I'm having so much success with IV on this save that I'll stick with it. I'll definitely try V on my next save though.

I'm having so much success with IV on this save that I'll stick with it. I'll definitely try V on my next save though.

Understandable ! Actually you inspired me to start a Rangers save :)
- Also using the IV with CD -close down less... works a charm :)

Using Puskas IV with West Brom in first season and having a mare.

I am doing everything here (player roles, training, team talks, etc) but still finding it tough. Losing 4-1, 3-2, 4-3 etc (quite high scoring games). I will post screenshots after work but this is my lineup:

-----------------------Rondon-------------------

--Cabella-------------Oliver----------P. Piatti--

-------------Yacob------Lucas Silva------------

-Oviedo-------Evans----Mammana---Peruzzi-

-----------------------Foster-------------------

I am sitting in 11th on the table and on a 4 game losing streak (Swansea, Burnley, Tottenham and Watford). Any obvious people out of position or anything?

First of all, congratulations to Zyndar for these amazing tactics!

I play with Cova da Piedade, who starts in the Portuguese 3rd Division and thanks to you I managed to win the 3rd and 2nd league, securing back to back promotions and 2 titles on my belt!

Screenshots 1st Season, where I used Puskas IV. First Phase, Promotion Phase, and Champions Playoff.

2nd season using Puskas V, media prediction 21st.

Between the two tactics, I prefer version V, both MC in support brings a little bit more balance and stability. Also I found the football more enjoyable. Nevertheless, this is a risk vs reward tactic, “gambling” to always score more than your opponents, but as you can see, your odds are quite good!

Some tips that can be valuable:

- I build my squad with 22 to players, always. And most importantly, I’m not afraid of changing almost the entire team if I have to and if I know it will bring quality and better chances to my team. In this save, I changed 16 of my 22 players (all free transfers) after the promotion to the 2nd​ Division. To do this you need to arrange 8-10 friendlies with low ranked teams in pre-season, using team cohesion and match tactics until you you reach 100% fluidity. Then change to Teamwork until your assistant manager teamtalks feedback shows a really strong relationship between players. After reaching this, 90% of the time I choose At. Movement and only against really strong opposition I go for Def. Positioning.

- Play close attention to hidden attributes, there are tools for it, and don’t sign anyone who has less than 11 in consistency and imp. Matches. Also, watch out for injuries proneness bigger than 11.

- I’m a big fan of full rotation, I very often rotate all players when for example I have 2 games in 4 or 5 days, which happens a lot during the season so build your squad with that in mind and remember, it’s better to have 22 good players then 11 very good and 11 average/bad players. So, in the beginning of the season, define your 1st​ eleven and your backup eleven, and when those tight weeks come up, see the teams you will play against and decide which one to use. This will result in full fitness across the squad and high morale.

- Arrange friendlies every chance you get during the season, again against very poor opposition, good for morale and fitness.

- Now and again, praise players who deserve it and reprehend those who are performing poorly. If things are going well, every 3 months call a team meeting and praise the squad. After a sequence of bad results, say 3 or 4, also arrange a meeting and demand more.

- Good training staff is also a key factor, so arrange at least 1 coach per type of training, more if its needed to keep the workload Light.

-Combining Defenders with good Pace, Acceleration, Agility, positioning and anticipation and a GK with good One-on-Ones are crucial when playing with high line. Choose MC's that can both attack and defend.

And that’s it, sorry for the long post but since Zyndar took hundreds and hundreds of hours so that we can enjoy this game, I recon the least I could do is try to help others to enjoy this wonderful tactic.
Looking forward to see how it will perform next season :D

Thank you bmcosta, your post is really detailed and I think most of the players will find useful information while reading. I am also playing in Portugal and started from the 3rd division, so 2x keep up the good work! :)

what tac is best for vanarama teams??

I guess both would be good, let's try version V.

Using Puskas IV with West Brom in first season and having a mare.

I am doing everything here (player roles, training, team talks, etc) but still finding it tough. Losing 4-1, 3-2, 4-3 etc (quite high scoring games). I will post screenshots after work but this is my lineup:

-----------------------Rondon-------------------

--Cabella-------------Oliver----------P. Piatti--

-------------Yacob------Lucas Silva------------

-Oviedo-------Evans----Mammana---Peruzzi-

-----------------------Foster-------------------

I am sitting in 11th on the table and on a 4 game losing streak (Swansea, Burnley, Tottenham and Watford). Any obvious people out of position or anything?

Your squad looks ok and if you are doing everything as advised than you should be ok on the long run.

In your opinion what is the best tactic PUSKAS IV-PUSKAS V OR PUSKAS II.1 ?

Thank you bmcosta, your post is really detailed and I think most of the players will find useful information while reading. I am also playing in Portugal and started from the 3rd division, so 2x keep up the good work! :)

Let's see if i can beat that 5th place you got next season :D

Any top tips on what to do if ur reduced to 10 men Zyndar?I'm using IV!

I was using ur new Haka tactic but my laptop decided to overheat as I was rocking my son to sleep & it switched itself off hahaha! Taxi for me pls...

So the next job to come up was the Napoli job...16th in November with only 7 pts! & their players suited this more...fingers crossed...it's going marvelous already...the football is a joy to watch!

Any top tips on what to do if ur reduced to 10 men Zyndar?I'm using IV!

I was using ur new Haka tactic but my laptop decided to overheat as I was rocking my son to sleep & it switched itself off hahaha! Taxi for me pls...

So the next job to come up was the Napoli job...16th in November with only 7 pts! & their players suited this more...fingers crossed...it's going marvelous already...the football is a joy to watch!

I take off the AMC and add Get Further Forward to the CM.

Back