TRIBUTE TO FERENC PUSKAS

• Thread starter Thread starter zyndar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 774
  • Views Views 494K
Thanks for the advice to stick with the tactic! I did so, persevered through bad results and finished the season strongly. Ended up finishing 6th and winning the FA Cup (with West Brom).

In July now and making signings for the second season - just landed Wilshere for 12m from Arsenal

Thanks for the advice to stick with the tactic! I did so, persevered through bad results and finished the season strongly. Ended up finishing 6th and winning the FA Cup (with West Brom).

In July now and making signings for the second season - just landed Wilshere for 12m from Arsenal

Be careful with Wheelchair.

Any top tips on what to do if ur reduced to 10 men Zyndar?I'm using IV!

I was using ur new Haka tactic but my laptop decided to overheat as I was rocking my son to sleep & it switched itself off hahaha! Taxi for me pls...

So the next job to come up was the Napoli job...16th in November with only 7 pts! & their players suited this more...fingers crossed...it's going marvelous already...the football is a joy to watch!

What version are you using mate? and are you using OI?

I used Puskas V with West Brom in the first season. Started strong, then went on a horror run in mid season and found ourselves in 12th position (barely). Managed to run things around and final results were a 6th place finish in the league, FA Cup Winners (beating Liverpool 3-1 in the final), League Cup semi-final exit.

Sold Berahino to Manchester City for 25 million immediately and re-invested it in the squad. Best performers were Remy Cabella (signed for 6 million, average rating of 8.10 with 25 appearances, 14 goals and 11 assists), Rondon finished with 32 goals for the season and won Golden Boot, Oliver (on loan from Atleti) came into his own after a poor first half of the season - I had a 20 million pound buy-out agreement but simply could not afford it at the end of the season. I opted to buy Canales instead who I am hoping will perform.

WBA - Start of Second Season:

1st XI

RONDON

CABELLA - CANALES - SARABIA

LUCAS SILVA - WILSHERE

JOSE ANGEL - JUAN JESUS - MARLON - PERUZZI

RULLI

2nd XI

REMY

McMANNAMAN - CORREA - CARCELA

YACOB - FLETCHER

OVIEDO - EVANS - MAMMANA - SAN EMETERIO

FOSTER

Last edited:
First of all, thank you Zyndar for this amazing tactic!! I just want to say to the people who is "uncomfortable" with the player roles, like me myself was hesitating to use this tactic because of the simple roles. I tweaked the roles a bit and because you use structured teamshape it still works. In the middle I use one Roaming playmaker and one deep lying playmaker, my amc is trequartista since I always use that role and it still works great! The tactic still performed superb! I am Arsenal tho, so if you play with a big team you can tinker with the roles, but if you use a lower league team I suppose its best to use the original player roles! Cheers

Puskas is by far my favorite tactic made by a user here on. I have some really good advice though. Tweak to fit your squad!!

Use Puskas IV as a base and remove "Close Down Less" PI for the defenders and play without OI's (I think someone said they play this way anyways, possibly StewG). If you don't have a DLP + MC combo then use the PI's from Puskas II to make the DLP into a more defensive MC. If you don't have IF's then I haven't actually seen any side effects by using Wingers on the wings. It just becomes cross crazy but this ME is vulnerable to that anyways.

Puskas is by far my favorite tactic made by a user here on. I have some really good advice though. Tweak to fit your squad!!

Use Puskas IV as a base and remove "Close Down Less" PI for the defenders and play without OI's (I think someone said they play this way anyways, possibly StewG). If you don't have a DLP + MC combo then use the PI's from Puskas II to make the DLP into a more defensive MC. If you don't have IF's then I haven't actually seen any side effects by using Wingers on the wings. It just becomes cross crazy but this ME is vulnerable to that anyways.

Thanks mate! Puskas V is a combination of these, but with OIs, I did not tried without OIs.

Thanks mate! Puskas V is a combination of these, but with OIs, I did not tried without OIs.

Puskas IV feels more potent though. It might be because the wingers don't have "Get Further Forward" PI so they're trying to carve out chances rather then getting on the end of them.

Yup I have played Wingers due to injuries to IF's with no bad effect on results.

Right so I've tried Puskas V on a new save with Nottm Forest however I tweaked the MCR's PI's to the the PI's the MCR has in Puskas IV. I found that the MCR wasn't playing the way I wanted him to so I took off Shorter passing, Added Risky Passes and hold position. Now I find him playing somewhere inbetween a DLP and an AP which is great and it's defensively more solid by him holding his position.

Give it a go Zyndar, it has made the tactic better for me! :)

When you say you took off shorter passing did you change to mixed?
So with both cm holding,is there more space on attacks?.
I've made a timewaste tactic for last ten minutes and despite being on contain,I've scored some great team goals,which I think is down to the retain possession..has anyone tried this in testing with normal tactic or would it be counterproductive?

Just tried justifieds cm tweak.
1st match my cm got man of the match and a goal in a 0-2 away win.
Creates loads of space and free up the other cm,and he was pinging some fantastic passes round the pitch...looks good,hope it lasts

Right so I've tried Puskas V on a new save with Nottm Forest however I tweaked the MCR's PI's to the the PI's the MCR has in Puskas IV. I found that the MCR wasn't playing the way I wanted him to so I took off Shorter passing, Added Risky Passes and hold position. Now I find him playing somewhere inbetween a DLP and an AP which is great and it's defensively more solid by him holding his position.

Give it a go Zyndar, it has made the tactic better for me! :)

Trying to work this out...Looking at the right hand side CM in puskas IV he doesn't have short passing in order to take it off also risky passes is also already on.

Back