Triv

Toffeepops are incredible
Reaction score
Trivaldo's
FMRTE Help Thread

Just recently i have come across several different threads with people askin how to use FMRTE
I had a look around a i couldn't find a thread dedicated to helping people with FMRTE so here it is:D

I have a fair bit of experience using FMRTE with my FM games so i should be able to answer and problems you have - if i don't know then i'm sure someone else can help you here

images

Visit The Official FMRTE Website

Last edited:
Any idea why FMRTE frezes up the game sometimes mate.....It lost me 3 saves,any idea how to stop this??

because it's not 100% reliable. It sometimes freezes games, and sometimes wrecks games. I wouldn't use it too much, probably once or twice a save.

the 'problem' with FMRTE is that it 'hacks' into the registry of the game hence why it will only real work when the game is active. and it can take up quite a bit of processing power, for some unknown reason. But that is the way it is, perhaps it is the parsing of inormation, who knows. But one thing for sure, everytime i use FMRTE, all my .rar files colouring turns negative. So it does do something other than edit the game via the registry, once in the registry it also must change value of a few key things. Which is probably aiding in the destruction of your saves.

FMRTE is great.. but risk = reward.

you don't get something for nothing as they say.

Any idea why FMRTE frezes up the game sometimes mate.....It lost me 3 saves,any idea how to stop this??

I've never really had this problem, definately havent had the issues Iota has had either.

Do you guys have steam? I dont have steam, most of the people i've seen with these sort of problems (and crash dumps) have steam version of FM
I have no idea if/why this should make a difference tho

I have a save in the year 2040 and have heavily used FMRTE and havent had the game freeze on me. i used to save game just before everytime i did something of FMRTE (because of me experience with using it for FM09) but because its been problem free i don't save all the time anymore

Last edited:
There's one thing I want to know, I'm guessing this is a definite no, but can you edit season expectations?

There's one thing I want to know, I'm guessing this is a definite no, but can you edit season expectations?

Not directly no but you could change a clubs reputation up or down before the start of the new season - this may change medias perception of how good the team is

I'm having the same '...has stopped working' issues when I try to start it.

Seen many with the problem, but no solution.

Any ideas?

Can i sort out the work permits on it?

I swap players, but they need a work permit :(

Can i sort out the work permits on it?

I swap players, but they need a work permit :(

yes, either 1. change players nationallity to an eu one
2. click on player relations, and new relation, second nationallity, give them second nationallity from eu country
3. go to players nation, on information screen there a tick box for eu, if you tick it the game will think that country is part of the eu... also this makes it possible to sign under 18s from the country

Thanks alot mate!

Any way i can swap staff? or get staff easily.

Thanks alot mate!

Any way i can swap staff? or get staff easily.

Yes.

Before you try this i suggest you save you fm game!

Bring up your team on FMRTE
On the left side menu click on staff
Choose a staff member you want to replace, right click on them
Pop up appears with swap club job, click this
Search window will appear and you can type in name of staff member you want
click on staff member from search list and click the green tick
save changes, return to game, continue once and they should have swapped teams:D

Note: you can only swap staff members with same job role e.g. you can't swap your coach for a scout

HELOO

can u please help me. I've been trying to use fmrte to edit kits but it does seem to work. Like for Example I want to Change Madrid's kit to red, I click kits & colours and edit red... The I straight away go start a match. but in the game the kit still is black.... I do not get why.

HELOO

can u please help me. I've been trying to use fmrte to edit kits but it does seem to work. Like for Example I want to Change Madrid's kit to red, I click kits & colours and edit red... The I straight away go start a match. but in the game the kit still is black.... I do not get why.

Changing colours should change tthe colours of the bar at the top (with team name on) and also the colours of the your players on the match engine - this worked for me, i changed man united to have a newton heath green and gold away using fmrte

The only thing which wont change is the picture of the kit on the club information screen, you will have to get a kit made from one of the many talented kit makers on the site that matches your desired colour scheme :D

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

I'm having the same '...has stopped working' issues when I try to start it.

Seen many with the problem, but no solution.

Any ideas?

Not really other than saving your evertime before you change something with fmrte - then if it doesn't work and crashes the game you haven't lost your save

HELOO

I have exactly the same problem but with Southampton. I edit the kits using FMRTE, and save everything, then go to play a match but the kit is still the old one. The pictures on club information screen are my own one's which I made myself, they work fine! I just need a solution to this problem. Thanks for any help!

I have exactly the same problem but with Southampton. I edit the kits using FMRTE, and save everything, then go to play a match but the kit is still the old one. The pictures on club information screen are my own one's which I made myself, they work fine! I just need a solution to this problem. Thanks for any help!

You need to make sure that you are changing the kits on club information screen(on FMRTE)
and also changing all the colours on the kits and colours screen - you have to change shirt, shorts, socks, icon and text to the colours you want to appear - if you don't change colours on both then it wont work(H)

Note: when you change anything on FMRTE make sure you save changes before going to different page of FMRTE i.e. if you dont click save changes after you changed kits on information screen and then go to kits and colours screen the kits on information will be the same as before

Last edited:
Ok, here is a bit more info on the matter. I hope you can find a solution to it...

I have attached some screens of the problem in hand. Screenshot 1 shows a match between Southampton and Brighton. As you can see, Southampton are playing in a navy blue and yellow shirt; this is the old shirt. However, the text at the bottom is black and red, which I edited in, and the goalkeeper is in green and black, which I also edited in! Screenshot 2 shows FMRTE, and the Southampton page. As you can see, both shirts are the new one's which I have put in, meaning the 3d viewer should show those. Screenshot 3 shows the kits and colours page, where again, I have edited everything to my liking. I save everything after doing it, and I fail to understand what the problem could be here. Again, any help is very much appreciated! Oh and , by the way, you can see the score is 0-3, Lee Barnard scored a hattrick! It ended 2-4.

Thanks again,
-Ben.

Last edited:
Changing Kit Colours

Hopefully this will help guys

Ok so i'm Forest Green Rovers and they have black and white stripes like newcastle, i don't like stripes so i had a kit made for me that was gray
View attachment 93833

So i'm going to use FMRTE to change the team/kit colours from black and white stripes...
I'm going to need Information screen and kits and colours screen
View attachment 93838 View attachment 93839

To Gray with a black line on shoulders.
To do this, run cursor over 'kit 0' on information screen and click on yellow search tool that appears... A small window with a shirt will pop up, arrows at the bottom change style and click on the 3 colour bars to change their colours
View attachment 93840 View attachment 93841
SAVE CHANGES

Also change the colours on the kits and colours screen, need to do this for shorts, socks, text and icon for HOME KIT - SAVE CHANGES after each one
View attachment 93842

Return to game and press continue once for changes to take effect

If done properly saving changes all the time when needed then it shoulf work and eosn't take anywhere near as long as the post took me
View attachment 93846 View attachment 93847

View attachment 93848 View attachment 93849