Trivaldo's Sports Quiz

wunzigan, you go ahead and do the question....I prefer to answer than ask:)

Alright, who is the first european club to add "names" to the numbers in their shirts? State club and year!

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Small Hint, the team is currently playing at the top level in one of the top 5 leagues in Europe

Trivaldo gets the point, your turn

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Or you can let me ask again....:)

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

real madrid 1927?

What I meant, that is my mistake, which team added the names to their t-shirts on a regular basis, not one single game. In any case, RM27 is wrong

really milan 84? i swear that was a total ******* guess! :O

a friend of mine had a milan shirt late 80's with van basten on it - that was why i went with milan - but the year....

Wunzigan ur welcome to ask again

It was Milan the first team to use shirts with names added, season 83-84, so I counted 1984 as the correct answer. Must have been one of those days with the lucky guess.

Anyway, here is another one. subject CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Only one team managed to pass the group stage after loosing their first 3 games ? Name the team and the year.

Newcastle 02/03

pretty sure thats right but i'm going to work so somebody else can ask next q

Win what minute did Spain score in the worldcup final

2nd Half ET would have been right near the end around 5 minutes before...Im going to say 116th minute maybe 116 and 20 seconds?

Heres some real questions:
Q.1 There is only one team in the top 4 divisions in england or scotland with a 'J' in their name....name that team?
Q.2 Name the 12 managers who have played football WITH david beckham at some point in their career? (Not managers he played under but players he has played with)
Finally
"What enters the field of play in a football match at half-time, but doesn't leave until the match is over? If it's a Saturday match it leaves after the game, but if it's a mid-week game it remains until the next day... and it only happens in the English Premiership, not in Scotland or the lower divisions..."
The last one is thought provocative try and find an answer :)

Last edited:
Q2...
Robson
Bruce
Hughes
D Ferguson
Ince
Keane
Pearce
Shearer
Wise
Adams
Berg
Blackmore
i think?

Q3 the referee. Referees are the last person to leave the pitch after the match has finished and are put up in hotels overnight for midweekgames

Doesn't look like Jimmer is coming back so if anyone wants to ask a question they can :)

OK back to F1 (surprisingly) Who won the 1956 Monaco GP, what car where they driving and What was there average speed (mph or kph)?.

Last edited:
Stirling Moss, Maserati 250 F, Avg speed, hmmm, around 105 km/h?

Doesn't look like Jimmer is coming back so if anyone wants to ask a question they can :)
LMAO I am back after a weeks 'break'
Heres my answers:
Q1. St Johnstone
Q2. Mark Hughes, Paul Ince, Gareth Southgate, Steve Bruce, Stuart Pearce (for England), Roy Keane and David Moyes, who played for Preston North End when Beckham was on loan to them! Chris Casper, manager of Bury played in the ManU youth team with Beckham. Hening Berg, who manages FC Lyn Oslo. Simon Davey who manages Barnsley, played with him at Preston North End. Tony Adams managed Wycombe and played with Beckham for England. Dennis Wise who managed Swindon and others (Good luck getting them! ^^))
Bryan robson is a nooo as he never played WITH beckham in a match on the bench or otherwise, robson played no part in beckhams debut against brighton

Last questions got no definitve answer
  • The floodlights - as they don't get turned off until after midnight for midweek games.
  • The undersoil heating.
  • The ball - as no-one bothers to retrieve it at big grounds after the game in the week.
  • The ref, as he doesn't leave the town and stays in a local hotel
  • The English Premiership substitutes that warm up on the pitch at half time. They stay with the team and so leave after the game on saturdays and stay with the team in midweek. There are no English Premiership substitutes warming up in Scotland or the lower leagues
  • Raffle tickets which haven't won are thrown onto the pitch at half time (as it is drawn at half time) and they are cleaned up after the match of a Saturday, but are left till the next morning to be cleaned midweek as it is too dark to see after the match
  • Premiership referee... because the field of play is not the field of play until the whistle goes, therefore he cannot enter it because he is already on it. He enters it at half time, goes home after etc, except midweek games when he stays in a local hotel. The 'premiership' referee excludes Scotland and lower division sides!
  • The urine sample for drug test. It's taken after second half (enters field of play in player's ...)on saturday. It goes straight to the lab. Midweek games are at night, so it goes the next day. In Britain, drug testing is not carried out in any other division except premiership.
  • Something to do with the referee's 2nd half match report record. In the English Premiership he does a separate report for each half. He brings on his book at half time to record all incidents, bookings etc. After a Saturday game it goes straight to the 'powers' that deal with the match reports but on an evening game it doesn't go until the next day.
Choose one :)