True Man Utd Fan

Ignasi Miquel.

A whole host of other players. There are loads of better CBs than Smalling all over the world.

That's a joke.

Miquel has made two first team appearances, and one of them was a draw vs Leyton Orient.

Smalling has kept Tevez quiet, Torres quiet and a host of strikers in the EPL quiet. To say Miquel is better is nonsense.

He's nowhere near the top 15 imo, maybe scrapes top 20 but that'll come down to opinion. Definitely at least 15 better though IMO.

I don't deny that he will be great in the future but to be honest most people would play well in that Man Utd team. I could probably name 30 better that him. I also think there is better prospects than him.

That's a joke.

Miquel has made two first team appearances, and one of them was a draw vs Leyton Orient.

Smalling has kept Tevez quiet, Torres quiet and a host of strikers in the EPL quiet. To say Miquel is better is nonsense.

He's nowhere near the top 15 imo, maybe scrapes top 20 but that'll come down to opinion. Definitely at least 15 better though IMO.

Have to remember though, Miguel does play for Arsenal so he must be amazing

Have to remember though, Miguel does play for Arsenal so he must be amazing
Your sarcasm is pretty funny considering it's only man utd fans in this thread saying smalling is amongst the best in the prem.

Your sarcasm is pretty funny considering it's only man utd fans in this thread saying smalling is amongst the best in the prem.

Show me one Manchester United fan who has said he's amongst the best in the Premier League..

Don't show any sarcastic posts either...

smalling is a good player and got potenial but there load sin the prem that are better CB's

Carra, agger, skrtel, dann, johnson, vidic, rio, shawcross, cahill, jagielka, dunne, ETC ETC the list goes on

Ciaran Clark IMO is showing better potential than Smalling. And they're both the same age

he plays well alongside vidic because vidic directs him and pretty much tells him what to do, you can see that.

hes gonna be amazing in a few years when he can do that for himself and after getting all the experience.

for now? hes good, but only alongside someone who is commanding and someone who can direct him and help him improve (like vidic.)

I guess that could be why when he partnered with someone like Evans, they cannot play too well with each other...

Show me one Manchester United fan who has said he's amongst the best in the Premier League..

Being a tad silly now. Smalling is a great defender at such a young age. No way is he 45th CB. Got to be in the top 15, maybe top 10.

"top 20" is amongst the best considering that's only 1 per team, and the top 7 teams atleast have 2 good CB's each (vidic, ferdinand etc).

Add to that the fan the OP is talking about and i've given you 3 examples already.

"top 20" is amongst the best considering that's only 1 per team, and the top 7 teams atleast have 2 good CB's each (vidic, ferdinand etc).

Add to that the fan the OP is talking about and i've given you 3 examples already.

Top 20 is not amongst the best. That means someone from every team is better.

I'd say he's better than all of West Brom, Blackpool, Wolves, Wigan's defenders, better than West Ham's back ups, Birmingham's back ups, Bolton's back ups, Blackburn's defenders bar Samba and many more. Doesn't mean he's amongst the best, just better than a lot of the centre backs in the league. But not near the top.

I'd say he's better than all of West Brom, Blackpool, Wolves, Wigan's defenders, better than West Ham's back ups, Birmingham's back ups, Bolton's back ups, Blackburn's defenders bar Samba and many more. Doesn't mean he's amongst the best, just better than a lot of the centre backs in the league. But not near the top.

You have been drinking too much ribena mate!

Top 20 is not amongst the best. That means someone from every team is better.

Ryan Nelsen is, IMO, a better defender than Samba.

Carlos Cuellar deserves a lot more credit, no-one has metioned him bar me so far...

You have been drinking too much ribena mate!

How so? Make a point when you post, rather than posting nonsense.

Ryan Nelsen is, IMO, a better defender than Samba.

This was my point in my first post, I think there are about 15 definites - then the rest will come down to the opinion of the person.

I think Samba is better than Nelsen - you disagree. This was my initial point. It comes down to opinion after the ones that nobody can deny e.g. Vidic, Terry etc.

Carlos Cuellar deserves a lot more credit, no-one has metioned him bar me so far...

I love King Carlos as much as anybody, but as long as he isn't being given a run in the team at CB we can't really consider him.

Where is Titus Bramble on that list; shame on you !!!

John Terry
David Luiz
Thomas Vermaelen
Jamie Carragher
Martin Skrtel
Richard Dunne
Rio Ferdinand
Nemanja Vidic
Ledley King
Daniel Agger
Laurent Koscielny
Scott Dann