Trying to Forget About Fergie - Klippybo's Aberdeen Story

images

club mascot Angus the Bull

NOVEMBER

We are still unbeaten in the league but how I do not know as we didnt deserve anything against Ross County or Dundee United. Speaking of Ross County - we have drawn them in the Scottish Cup. Good news at the end of the month was the return to fitness of Ryan Jack.

So we end the month top of the league which I would say is stupid but I have a decent first eleven with some good attacking subs so maybe it isnt stupid. Dundee doing so well is however!!!! Celtic will still win the league no doubt but hey ho.

----------------------------

Aberdeen 3-0 St. Johnstone
Smith, Suarez, Wright (og)

Couldnt make St. Johnstone concede 5 in each of their last 4 games but we won easily anyway.

--------------------------------

Ross County 2-3 Aberdeen
Suarez, McMenamin (og), Smith

Threw away a 2 goal lead only to win it in injury time however to show the kind of luck I am having look at this screenie

View attachment 279020

------------------------------------

Aberdeen 1-1 Dundee United
McFadden

Lol. A goal down and a man down when Osbourne got sent-off we were pummelled until we scored a last minute equaliser with our only shot on target!

----------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DENIS SUAREZ

images

View attachment 279023

-----------------------------------

AROUND SCOTLAND

Scotland qualify for the Euros on away goals after beating Montenegro 5-4
Celtic lose to Hibs and draw with St. Mirren
Rangers still unbeaten in the 3rd division
But lose in Scottish Cup to Cowdenbeath

Beating them like always Klippy.

Also, Did Sky Sports news actually think Altior (Sorry if I said the mighty Regen name wrong) was a real player. I mean, actually do a report on him or mention him.

images

DECEMBER

7pts clear and still unbeaten in the league!!!!!!! This is incredible and I may even be able to get more cash by changing my seasons expectations at the beginning of the year. Lets hope I can keep hold of my players in the transfer window............

----------------------------

Aberdeen 3-2 Celtic
Smith, Considine, Fraser

Excellent!!!!!!!! We were 3 up at half-time and then it all went wrong and I admit that I changed my formation in the last 10min to ultra defensive and time wasting etc and we held on -just!

--------------------------------------

Hibernian 1-3 Aberdeen
Rae, McFadden, Considine

A good win although Hibs had a goal disallowed with the score at 1-1. Former Aberdeen player Alan Maybury got sent-off for them.

---------------------------------------

Kilmarnock 1-2 Aberdeen
Nelson (og), Suarez

Thats us gone 19 league games unbeaten - half the season.

---------------------------------------

St. Mirren 1-2 Aberdeen
Hayes, Vernon

I must have the midas touch as we were a goal down and struggling so I put on Hayes and Vernon and they won me the game.

----------------------------------------

Aberdeen 3-2 Dundee
Smith 2, Grassi (og)

Another win as we end the year unbeaten in the league. Smith had a goal disallowed thus denying him a hat-trick. Former Aberdeen defender Grassi scored the winner for us and Baird didnt score for them lol

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ANDREW CONSIDINE

images

View attachment 279028

-------------------------------------------

AROUND SCOTLAND

St. Johnstone sack Steve Lomas and appoint Roy Keane
Scotland get Holland, Germany and Sweden in the Euros
Rangers are 15pts clear in the 3rd division
Hearts takeover completed by another group of Lithuaniains!

Beating them like always Klippy.

Also, Did Sky Sports news actually think Altior (Sorry if I said the mighty Regen name wrong) was a real player. I mean, actually do a report on him or mention him.

He was in the squad list when you clicked on Athletic Bilbao - same age and squad number but obviously no player pic! He apparently made his debut in a Europa League match but I checked it out and he didnt and it wasnt Ander Herrera either as he was also in the squad list further down. I also checked Bilbao's website and their was no mention of Aitor Herrera

images

my darling Chairman Stewart Milne

JANUARY

This save is getting stupid in all sorts of ways - mainly that going into February my only defeat has been in the cup to Celtic and now I have a 3rd parent club!!!!!!! This time I got Liverpool and I rejected Spurs - is this a glitch in the game????? I also got a feeder side in Northern Irish outfit Linfield.

Now to the transfer window.........................

PLAYERS OUT

Before a ball was kicked this month my chairman Stewart Milne accepted a £3.1m bid for James McFadden from Stoke City so off he went. A good deal for a few months work but felt we could get more however it did break the clubs record incoming transfer fee by £1.3m. James Brown left to join Motherwell on loan for £14k.

PLAYERS IN

I splashed the cash here!!!!! Firstly I spent £775,000 on Kenny McLean from St. Mirren and then on deadline day I spent £675,000 on Hamilton's 16y/o left back Stephen Hendrie. I also brought Polish international Sebastien Boenisch in on a free and Liverpool decided to send me a very good 17y/o German striker called Samed Yesil. Finally I brought in Karim Rekik in on loan from Man City
View attachment 279039View attachment 279038View attachment 279037View attachment 279036
View attachment 279040
None will walk straight into the first team but now I seriously think I can maintain this title challenge. I have seen Rekik play for Real Madrid and be valued at over £30m before but the rest I have never seen amount to much if at all - going by my gut instincts here lol

------------------------------

Heart of Midlothian 1-1 Aberdeen
R.McGowan (og)

-------------------------------

William Hill Scottish Cup 4th Round

Aberdeen 0-0 Ross County

One of those games - we battered them and had a goal disallowed.

William Hill Scottish Cup 4th Round Replay
Ross County 1-2 Aberdeen
Suarez, Smith
AET

Ex Don Michael Paton put them in front but we soon levelled. They had a man sent-off but we couldnt take advantage until we had Rae sent-off! Ended up with 9 men after Considine got injured.

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1-1 Aberdeen
G.Shinnie (og)

**** sake - went down to 10 men when Boenisch got a red card on his debut but we still went ahead. Then went down to 9 men when my last sub Osbourne got injured and they promptly equalised. McLean also made his debut here.

Aberdeen 2-1 Motherwell
Suarez, Smith

They had 1 shot the whole game, it came in the 1st minute and got them a goal - we were ahead by the 20th min and should've scored more. Rekik made his debut here while Pawlett also returned following his loan spell at St. Johnstone.

------------------------------------------

St. Johnstone 2-2 Aberdeen
Smith, Considine

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Went behind twice and pegged them back twice and then Smith had a goal disallowed. Shoved on Boenisch on 59min and on 69min he got a straight red card - 2 games 2 red cards for the ******. St.Johnstone are relegation bound so this was a missed opportunity to extend our lead.

---------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
CLARK ROBERTSON

images

got 2 MOM awards in a row

View attachment 279034

-----------------------------------------------

AROUND THE COUNTRY

St. Mirren beat Celtic 3-0 to reach the League Cup final
Hearts beat Livingston in the other semi
Celtic sign Kouyate and Bozovic while Hearts sell Sutton
Terry Butcher under pressure at Inverness Caley

another great story how do u do it...i have taken a little inspiration from this and am going to do a story based on one of ur rivals...Dundee united..i have started the save and have played the 1st month so will post it soon

another great story how do u do it...i have taken a little inspiration from this and am going to do a story based on one of ur rivals...Dundee united..i have started the save and have played the 1st month so will post it soon

Cool - will check it out! In this save they loaned out Barry Douglas to Hibs for some reason.............. Jonny Russell is banging in the goals though

images

FEBRUARY

Finally defeated!!!!!!! We never turned up against Dundee United and deserved the thumping we got. Never mind - we are 6pts clear although we still have to play Celtic twice. Will my youngsters choke it???

Good news on the international front though as Andrew Considine deservedly got a Scotland call up although he didnt feature.

William Hill Scottish Cup 5th Round
Aberdeen 4-1 Inverness Caledonian Thistle
Suarez, Raven (og), Yesil 2

Through we go - we were 1 down at half-time but the game changed when I brought on Yesil for his debut and he scored twice.

-----------------------------------------

Aberdeen 3-2 Ross County
Considine, Hayes, Suarez

Much more comfortable than the result suggests - Cameron Smith missed a first half penalty.

----------------------------------------------

Dundee United 3-1 Aberdeen
Considine

OUCH!!!!! The run had to come to an end at some point but losing it in the derby match wasnt good. We were outplayed and got a consolation in stoppage time.

------------------------------------------------

Aberdeen 3-1 Hibernian
Smith 2, Hanlon (og)

Smith has been struggling recently so I was pleased when he scored twice in the first 10min

-------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JONNY HAYES
images

View attachment 279080

--------------------------------------------------

AROUND SCOTLAND

Scotland draw 1-1 in friendly against Slovenia
Forgot to say earlier that Queen of the South won the Ramsdens Cup
2nd division Forfar Athletic make it to the Scottish Cup quarter finals

seems i put mockers on it lol starting with Dundee Utd,,but keep it goin

images

always wondered if this is the stand shown on the ESPN opening credits lol

MARCH

What a magnificent month this was. After negotiating our way through a tricky Scottish Cup tie we got a stunning result at Parkhead to beat Celtic and in doing so we have one hand on the title. Celtic then drew their next two games................

I did sign about half a dozen players from the youth intake with this lad the best of the bunch (3 and a half stars PA)
View attachment 279090
--------------------------------

William Hill Scottish Cup QF
Aberdeen 2-2 Raith Rovers
Yesil, Pawlett

Played a backup side and we quickly went 2 down - pulled one back and then they had a goal disallowed but Peter Pawlett levelled right at the death.

--------------------------------------

William Hill Scottish Cup QF Replay
Raith Rovers 1-2 Aberdeen
McLean, Vernon

Again I rested players and again we benefitted from a last minute goal.

--------------------------------------------

Celtic 2-3 Aberdeen
Rae, Smith, Suarez

YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now for the story - I started the game and forgot about it as I watched a YouTube video of the Danny Rose incident from the other night and when it finished i found myself 2 down at half-time. Then after screaming at the players at half-time they came out and won the game incredibly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 9pts clear with 9 games to go now.

Aberdeen 2-0 Kilmarnock
Smith, Hayes

Nice win - would have been gutting to lose this after the last result.

Aberdeen 2-0 St. Mirren
McLean, Considine

Thought the goal was never going to come as we played them off the park but late on sub Kenny McLean finally broke the deadlock against his former club. This win secures a place in the Europa League next season.

Dundee 1-2 Aberdeen
Smith, Fraser

Fraser had a 1st half goal chalked off but we won it in the end and once again kept their in form striker John Baird quiet. Stephen Hughes got another 2 assists - he has yet to score this season though! Champions League qualification assured and we are 2 wins from the title.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
CAMERON SMITH
images

View attachment 279102

AROUND THE COUNTRY

St.Mirren win the League Cup - beating Hearts 1-0
Hibs sack Fenlon and appoint Gordon Strachan and he wins his 1st game v Hearts!!!
Rangers win the 3rd division - still unbeaten

Loving the new story mate. Good effort in the league already! I follow Hibs in Scotland since I lived on Easter Road right by the stadium so not wanting them to do badly either but hopefully you will still win a lot.

images

APRIL

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!! We wrapped up the title after thumpng both the Edinburgh sides. In hindsight it is a lot easier to win the title without Rangers on the scene but this is still a great achievement. Obviously Smith got the goals but my midfield has been the key as McFadden (when he was here), Fraser, Hayes, Hughes and especially Suarez have all been exceptional.

We also reached the Scottish Cup final after defeating Hearts, albeit with a sluggish performance and we will face Celtic in the final.

Finally I appointed former Aberdeen striker Duncan Shearer as a coach - why he isnt a favoured person on the club screen is beyond me. When you look at St.Mirren's screen they have about 30 people while we have about 8!

---------------------------------

Aberdeen 4-0 Heart of Midlothian
Smith 2, Hayes, McLean

The last game before the split and the first of our double header with th Jambos

William Hill Scottish Cup SF

Aberdeen 1-0 Heart of Midlothian
Smith

I would have subbed Smith a long time before he scored his late winner as he was awful but I forgot that we only had 5 subs instead of 7 and didnt have a striker on the bench.

Aberdeen 4-1 Hibernian
Suarez, Smith 2, Fraser

We are the champions!!!!!!!!!!! We completely dominated and Fraser had one disallowed before going off injured and is out fo 5-6 weeks so may miss the cup final.

Dundee 2-1 Aberdeen
Reynolds

Maybe the players were still hungover after celebrating the title win - either that or we just dont like playing in Dundee as both defeats in the league has come in the city!

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
CAMERON SMITH

images

View attachment 279119

-----------------------------------------------

AROUND SCOTLAND

Celtic thrash Dundee 5-0 to reach the Scottish Cup final
Celtic, Dundee, Dundee Utd and Hearts all qualify for Europe
Motherwell takeover completed - now owned by the fans

Unbelievable SPL win and inspired transfer business. Samed Yesil is great in real life so hopefully he's just as good in game.

omg well done son are you using the same tac as in your other saves and does it work for big and small clubs?

omg well done son are you using the same tac as in your other saves and does it work for big and small clubs?
It must do because CDS went from C2 to Serie A champions in five seasons, Bilbao who were good did well and then got great and did even better while Newcastle who are good did well and Aberdeen are average and are performing ridiculously well.

Unbelievable SPL win and inspired transfer business. Samed Yesil is great in real life so hopefully he's just as good in game.

Yeah he looks great here - far better stats than Cameron Smith but Smith keeps scoring so I aint dropping him.

well done on ur Title win i will have to match it now...keep it up

images

MAY - END OF SEASON

A disappointing end to the league campaign as Celtic caught up ground and make it look closer than it really was however the cup final more than made up for it!!!!!!!

Aberdeen 3-3 Dundee United
Smith, Suarez, Hayes

We were 2min away from losing our unbeaten home record but Jonny Hayes saved the day. They had a goal disallowed.

Celtic 3-1 Aberdeen
Robertson

MEH!!!!!!!

Heart of Midlothian 2-1 Aberdeen
Boenisch

Rested players for the cup final here and just as well as Pawlett, Anderson and McGinn got injured.

William Hill Scottish Cup Final

Celtic 0-2 Aberdeen
Suarez 2

We complete the double!!!!!! We were 2 up at half-time and when Scott Brown got sent-off in th 2nd half I knew we had done it. I hope Man City want me to have Suarez next year!!!!

PLAYER OF THE SEASON
CAMERON SMITH
images

SQUAD

View attachment 279125

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 279124

MY LEAGUE SCORERS
29(2pens) Smith, 11 Suarez, 10 Considine, 7 Fraser, 5 Hayes, 5(1pen) McFadden, 3 Rae, 2 McGinn, 2 McLean, 2 Reynolds, 2 Robertson, 2 Vernon, 1 Boenisch, 1 McManus, 7 Own Goals

AWARDS

Scottish Players Player of the Year: Gary Hooper (Celtic)
Scottish Players Young Player of the Year: Stuart Armstrong (Dundee United)
Football Writers Player of the Year: Denis Suarez (Aberdeen)
Football Writers Young Player of the Year: James Dayton (Kilmarnock)
Football Writers Manager of the Year: Kris Stuart (Aberdeen)
Player of the Season: Joe Ledley (Celtic)
Young Player of the Season: Victor Wanyama (Celtic)
U19 Player of the Season: Ryan Fraser (Aberdeen)
Manager of the Year: Kris Stuart (Aberdeen)
Top Scorer: Cameron Smith (Aberdeen)
Goal of the Season:
Tom Hateley (Motherwell)

TEAM OF THE SEASON

Forster (Celtic)
Kovacevic (Dundee)
Considine (Aberdeen)
Rogne (Celtic)
Mulgrew (Celtic)
Brown (Celtic)
Suarez (Aberdeen)
Ledley (Celtic)
Mackay-Steven (Dundee United)
Smith (Aberdeen)
Hooper (Celtic)

Now for a rant about the Scottish awards - why so many????????? And why the **** didnt Suarez or Smith win more or Robertson any at all???? Were they too young?? Flaming nora - I mean, James Dayton - really????

SUMMARY

An outstanding season which just got better and better. Our media prediction was 2nd so maybe with the quality additions of McFadden and Suarez it wasnt that far fetched to challenge for the title but the way we did it was rediculous. There will be a few departures close season and many incoming players as I need a bigger squad - not enough backup in the youth ranks on the wings and at full back.

Last edited:
Hello peeps - I am doing a nightshift tonight and tomorrow night at my other job. It is at a homeless unit but I start at 2345 and they have to go to their rooms at midnight so I get 7 hours of FM until I finish my shift!!!!!!! Might post one or two updates on my work computer but if not be ready for a deluge tomorrow!!!!!!!!