Trying to Forget About Fergie - Klippybo's Aberdeen Story

images

Aberdeen FC kilt

FEBRUARY

I managed to finish the season during my shift at work (Champions League final yet to be played) so will post an update until sleep takes hold lol - wont be as in depth though.

Anywho on the pitch we won every league game but it was in the cups where the headlines were made as we booked our place in the league cup final, drew with lowly Arbroath in the Scottish Cup yet somehow beat AC Milan in the 1st leg of the Champions League!!!!

Off the pitch we got our 5th parent club - this time Arsenal - I suppose I am saving a lot on my wage bill with all these clubs sending me players and the club getting over £100,000 a year for the privelege lol. Having said that instead of 5 English clubs I would prefer say Barca, AC Milan, Bayern and Porto.

I also splashed a small amount of cash on two young Czech players who look like they will be good
View attachment 279291View attachment 279292

------------------------------------------

Scottish Communities League Cup SF

Hibernian 0-4 Aberdeen
Smith, Fraser, Hayes, McPake (og)

We book our place in the final with an easy win - we were 3 up after half an hour

------------------------------------------------

Ross County 0-2 Aberdeen
Powell, Smith

--------------------------------------------------

William Hill Scottish Cup 5th Round
Arbroath 0-0 Aberdeen

Erm - dont know what happened here - played my backups and youths and just couldnt score but it couldve been worse as Arbroath had a goal chalked off

------------------------------------------------------

Aberdeem 3-0 St. Mirren
Smith, Rekik, Fyvie

Fyvie is playing as a ball winning midfielder yet has already scored more than what Rae and Hughes did in a season and a half - its taken Fyvie 6 weeks!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------

William Hill Scottish Cup 5th Round Replay
Aberdeen 3-1 Arbroath
May, Robertson (og), Nelson

We fell behind here but the 2nd division side couldnt hold on and we won comfortably in the end

--------------------------------------------------------------

Aberdeen 5-0 Dundee
McAlister (og), Smith 2, Fraser, Fyvie

A good win here as we are now breaking away from Celtic in the league - 2 in a row????

---------------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
Aberdeen 1-0 AC Milan
Rekik

What a fecking result this is!!!!!!! They were the better team but our defence held firm and we got the late goal 5min from the end. An amazing result this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
KARIM REKIK
images

View attachment 279290

Looking like the SPL will be yours again. Good effort as always! Hibs for second!

images

MARCH

Another fine month here with us winning the league cup and perharps even more noticably knocking AC Milan out of the Champions League!!!! The only blot on the copybook really was a defeat to Celtic but after the two results prior to that game I can live with that.

We did get a decent player in this years youth intake - 4 stars PA - and he has made some sub appearances already and broke Cameron Smith's record as youngest ever player
View attachment 279316

-----------------------------------------

Hibernian 1-1 Aberdeen
Smith

Shouldve won as we dominated but shouldve lost because we conceded 2 goals in the last 5min with one being disallowed fortunately.

-------------------------------------------

William Hill Scottish Cup QF

Aberdeen 3-0 Queen of the South
Pierce, Nelson, Cooper

An eay win against the only team mentioned in the bible lol

---------------------------------------------------

Aberdeen 3-1 Kilmarnock
Powell, Fraser, Smith

From being relegation certainties Killie went on a 7 game winning streak so are looking pretty safe just now. My last home game for nearly a month.

Scottish Communities League Cup
Aberdeen 3-1 Celtic
Smith, Powell, McKee

Another trophy!!!! We were 2 up and cruising and was comfortable even when Wanyama pulled one back. Brought on McKee and he missed a penalty on 86min but in the last minute Fathi got sent-off and McKee despatched the free kick - the penalty was obviously too close fo him lol

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg

AC Milan (0) 2-1 Aberdeen (1)
Douglas
(Agg: 2-2 Aberdeen won on away goals)

You beauty!!!!!! Curci scored and O.G. on 7min and we were under the cosh but broke away to equalise on 38min. Pato had one chalked off and Nocerino put them ahead before half-time but we held on in the 2nd half. Hopefully we will get Zenit in the next round as we are way out of our depth here....................

----------------------------------------------------------

Celtic 2-1 Aberdeen
Forster (og)

Meh!!!! Keeps them in with a shout of the title but we shouldnt throw it away really

------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
NICK POWELL
images

View attachment 279315

images
images
images

messrs Anderson, Scott and Knox

APRIL

A hectic month with big developmens on and off the park. Off the park Russell Anderson announced his impending retirement as did coach Jocky Scott and assistant manager Archie Knox. Anderson is a club legend, Scott used to play and manage for the club and Knox has been assistant twice in our glory years so will be sad to see them leave.

On the pitch we are a win away from winning the title and even had to play 2 gmes in as many days for some reason. In the Champions League we avoided Zenit (****) and got Chelsea who along with Man Utd, Man City and Arsenal all made it through to the quarter-finals - my parent sides! Zenit knocked out Lyon and will play Chelsea in the semis

Motherwell 0-2 Aberdeen
Rekik, Yesil

Dundee United 0-4 Aberdeen
Smith, Suarez 3(1pen)

A good win, good performance and I could be wrong but Suarez gets our first hat-trick of the season!

----------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League QF 1st Leg

Aberdeen 1-3 Chelsea
Yesil

You would think my parent club would let me win as a token gesture lol. No complaints as they had the prolific John Obi Mikel scoring for them.................

Raith Rovers 1-2 Aberdeen
Nelson, Hilton

The 2nd game in 2 days which meant I dropped the entire team that played Chelsea. This was my game in hand.

-----------------------------------------------

Aberdeen 6-1 Inverness Caledonian Thistle
Hilton, Smith 2, Fyvie, Graham (og), Meekings (og)

We were 4 up and then they had a man sent-off. If Smith has scored say 60 goals so far I would guess 20 has come against this lot!!!!!

UEFA Champions League QF 2nd Leg

Chelsea (3) 4-0 Aberdeen (1)
(Agg 7-1)

They only stopped scoring when Sturridge got sent-off midway through the 2nd half. The run was good while it lasted though

Aberdeen 1-0 Motherwell
Hilton

Into the split now and we sneak a win here. Dont know why Hilton has decided to contribute all of a sudden!

-----------------------------------------------------

Dundee 0-5 Aberdeen
Fraser, Fyvie, Smith 2, Suarez

BOOM!!!!! Almost over the line as we played Dundee off the park. Got big wins in our last 2 games in Dundee so maybe it isnt our bogey place anymore?

William Hill Scottish Cup SF

Aberdeen 3-1 Rangers
Douglas, McKee (pen), Nelson

Always nice to beat Rangers as we march into the Scottish Cup final withouthaving to play an SPL side. McCulloch got sent-off for them.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
CODY HILTON

View attachment 279318

View attachment 279319

images

MAY - END OF SEASON

A fine end to the season as we complete the treble. We finished the league season off in fine style. The table shows we did far better than last year but I thought it was the other way around - maybe last seasons win was sweeter because it was more unexpected.

I got another feeder side btw in Derry City. Also Zenit thumped Chelsea in the Champions League and lost the final to Man Utd 4-2 who complete their own treble the copycats!!!!!!

Finally Jonny Hayes (who wants to move to a bigger club lol), Cameron Smith, Ryan Jack and Clark Robertson got their first caps for their countries.

Hibernian 0-3 Aberdeen
Fyvie, Smith 2

We wrap up the title at Easter Road - just like Fergie did in 1980

-----------------------------------------------

Aberdeen 5-2 Dundee United
Hilton, Douglas, Yesil 3

The backups and youths get a run out and we tear United to shreds. Douglas scored against his old side here.

Celtic 1-2 Aberdeen
McKee, Yesil

McKee's goal came after 26sec - Commons got sent-off for them. I liked this win as they played a full team and we didnt

-------------------------------------------------

William Hill Scottish Cup Final

Aberdeen 2-0 Celtic
Smith, McKee

THE TREBLE IS OURS!!!!!!! This was a close game until Rogne got sent-off for them on the hour mark and then we took advantage.

PLAYER OF THE SEASON
DENIS SUAREZ

images

SQUAD
View attachment 279321

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 279322
cheerio Ross County

MY LEAGUE SCORERS

22 Smith, 13(1pen) Suarez, 10 Yesil, 7 Fraser, 7 Fyvie, 7 Hayes, 6(1pen) McKee, 5 Considine, 5 Powell, 5 Rekik, 4 Hilton, 1 Douglas, 1 Hughes, 1 May, 1 McLean, 1 Nelson, 1 Robertson, 6 Own Goals

AWARDS

Player of the Year: Denis Suarez (Aberdeen)
Young Player of the Year: Nick Powell (Aberdeen)
Manager of the Year: Kris Stuart (Aberdeen)

Football Writers Player of the Year: Charlie Mulgrew (Celtic)
Football Writers Young Player of the Year: Leigh Griffiths (Dundee United)
Football Writers Manager of the Year: Kris Stuart (Aberdeen)
Player of the Season:
Scott Brown (Celtic)
Young Player of the Season: Clark Robertson (Aberdeen)
U19 Player of the Season: Jack Grimmer (Aberdeen)

Top Scorer: Cameron Smith (Aberdeen)
Goal of the Season: Ryan Harper (Raith Rovers)

TEAM OF THE YEAR

Curci (Aberdeen)
Wotherspoon (Hibernian)
Mulgrew (Celtic)
Rogne (Celtic)
Robertson (Aberdeen)
Fathi (Celtic)
Brown (Celtic)
Suarez (Aberdeen)
Forrest (Celtic)
Smith (Aberdeen)
Russell (Celtic)

SUMMARY
Cant complain about the treble although it was in Europe where we made the biggest impact really. Squad wise I am content as I have kept Smith, Fraser, Robertson and Jack but with a fair few players only on loan we arent maybe as far ahead as the trophy cabinet suggests.........

Peterhead got promotion to the 1st division alongside Rangers - 2 promotions on the trot for those 2!!!!!

Here is a screenie of Smith, Fraser, Robertson and Jack- as you will see they are nothing special really
View attachment 279324View attachment 279325View attachment 279326View attachment 279327

Lol Mikel scored for Chelsea?!?!?! What is this black magic fuckery?!?!

images

PRE SEASON

I have had a busy pre-season. From missing out on transfers (Danny Swanson and M'baye Niang) to recruiting an old friend from a previous save and of course trying to decide which players to accept on loan....................

CLUB NEWS

Eric Black is my new assistant manager. He starred for the club in the 80's and scored the 1st goal in the Cup Winners Cup final. I also appointed Peter Lovenkrands and Alan Irvine to the coaching staff.
View attachment 279368

AIMS

Retain the title
Keep my young Scots at the club

PLAYERS IN

I will start off by showing you the returning loan stars. I turned down a 3rd year for Samed Yesil but other than that they are pretty much all returning apart from Cody Hilton (Rangers signed him for £3.5m in the 1st division!!) and Brian Barlow
View attachment 279350View attachment 279351View attachment 279352View attachment 279353View attachment 279354
Wasnt really bothered about them apart from Rekik and Suarez. However there are a few new loan stars. Islam Feruz from Chelsea being the only non regen. Belton came in from Liverpool while Bell came in from Arsenal however its the arrival of Carlini from Arsenal that excites me most. He will be world class no doubt but he isnt getting in ahead of Cameron Smith lol
View attachment 279355View attachment 279356View attachment 279357View attachment 279358
I then paid £90,000 for a 16y/o (my only money spent of the £8m budget lol) and brought in 2 regens with Sven Franke looking particularly good. I also brought in Rory McKenzie from Kilmarnock on a free and I also brought in Josip Radosevic after seeing him do so well for me in my Castel di Sangro save!
View attachment 279359View attachment 279360View attachment 279361View attachment 279362
View attachment 279363

PLAYERS OUT
A few players left as expected. Giancarlo Curci left for Beerschot for £1.5m, Marton Fulop left for Arsenal for £425,000, Jamie Collins went to Nottm Forest for £325,000, Stephen Hughes went to Watford for £100,000 and I released Niall McGinn.

Out on loan to Peterhead went to McKenzie, McManus, Masson and May. Makinwa went to Kapellen and Hosek went to St. Johnstone. In total I recouped £2.4m

SUMMARY

Dont have a clue! lol. We are about to play our first game (end of July) and I have an idea what my line up will look like but I havent decided yet. Ryan Jack will be moved to play RB so that will open up a slot in midfield. We will see.

AROUND THE COUNTRY

Along with Hilton, Rangers sign Danny Swanson
Hearts and St. Mirren swap their managers
Garry O'Connor returns to Hibs and Barry Robson goes back to Dundee Utd
Celtic sign Emil Larsen, Johan Martial and Liam Cooper for a total of £11m.......
and sell Fathi, Williams and Rogne for about £12m

images

AUGUST

Results wise this was a good start to the season but performance wise not so. Suarez and Fyvie have been poor in CM (dropped back Suarez to play Carlini AMC) and we have had to rely on our defence to get the goals!!!!

In the Champions League we got drawn against Fenerbahce again and last years 2 finalists - parent club Manchester United and Zenit St.Petersburg. Speaking of parent clubs I have now added Spurs. They offered my Ismail and Coulibally but I said no.

On to the transfers now. I signed an 18y/o Greek keeper called Boubas (now to be called boobies lol) on a free and paid Hibs £750,000 for David Wotherspoon and I have duly sent Jack Grimmer back to Fulham as Wotherspoon will be my backup RB and he can cover in other positions also.
View attachment 279387

-------------------------------------

Dundee United 0-2 Aberdeen
Considine, Franke

A debut goal for Franke as we get a good start to the season

---------------------------------------

Aberdeen 4-0 Heart of Midlothian
Webster (og), Smith, Robertson, Fraser

This game had a frantic start as after 30min we were 3 up and both teams had a goal chalked off!

---------------------------------------------

Hibernian 2-2 Aberdeen
Considine 2

O'Connor put them ahead but we fought back to lead but then gave away a penalty that they converted.

Aberdeen 2-1 St. Mirren
Powell, Rekik

Not happy the way we are playing at the moment - had to rely on a 93rd minute winner here

-------------------------------------------------

Hamilton Academical 0-3 Aberdeen
Rekik, Powell, Fraser

My centre halves just keep on scoring!!!!! Fyvie got sent-off very early on here

----------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ANDREW CONSIDINE

images

View attachment 279386

AROUND THE COUNTRY

Dundee United splash £1.2m on Craig Sibbald because........
Celtic sign Gary Mackay-Steven for £2.5m from United
Rangers buy Mark Fraser for £2.7m
Peterhead challenging Rangers at the top!!!!!

images

COSTA RICA APPOINT KRIS STUART AS MANAGER

This will be an experience lol - never managed this lot before and I only know a handful of their players with Brian Ruiz the main man obviously.

Anywho I had my 1st game just a few days later

WORLD CUP QUALIFIER 4th PHASE

Costa Rica 1-1 Mexico
Parks

Decent first game I suppose as we got battered really but we held on for a valuable point

View attachment 279388

You should have hired a psychiatrist to make your players Aedipus complex to the maximum.

And I'm sorry, but I really need to ask this: How's Boobies' handling? Winning tactic: Stripping Keeper - No Support.

Ok, ok, I'm going to the fridge now.