Trying to Forget About Fergie - Klippybo's Aberdeen Story

Cameron Smith is scoring far too much. Dont you know its against Pittodrie rules to have any player score more than 10 a season

images

PRE SEASON & AUGUST

Rightyo - one is back from his nightshift and will post this, largely from memory, before I hit the sack.................

GENERAL NEWS
Parent club number 4 is on board!!!! Adding to Manchester City, Liverpool and Chelsea we have now got Manchester United lol. Silly and stupid but it will be worth it if they chuck me Bebe lol. We also got a feeder side to help get work permits in the form of Belgian 3rd division side Kapellen.

AIMS

Prove that last season wasnt a fluke
3rd in the Champions League group would be nice
Keep hold of Smith, Robertson, Jack and Fraser

PLAYERS IN

I suppose I should start with the players coming in on loan. I brought back to the club Jack Grimmer from Fulham on a season long loan and also a regen called Cody Hilton off of Everton and then my parent clubs stepped in. Liverpool gave me Samed Yesil again, Man City gave me Karim Rekik and Denis Suarez (thank you lord) again and Man Utd gave me Nick Powell and a 17y/o Welsh regen. Chelsea gave me nobody, sniff sniff.
View attachment 279182View attachment 279183View attachment 279184View attachment 279185View attachment 279186View attachment 279187View attachment 279188

My biggest purchase was a regen from Kilmarnock for £200,000 while I bought a regen from Nigeria (promptly sent to Kapellen), a young keeper from St. Johnstone and Terry Antonis from Sydney - in total £400,000 was spent.
View attachment 279189View attachment 279191View attachment 279192View attachment 279190

On free transfers I brought in goalkeeper Gianluca Curci from Roma, a regen Norwegian winger, Stevie May from St. Johnstone, Kyle Turnbull from Falkirk and Joe McKee from Bolton. I was delighted to get McKee because - (a) he is young and Scottish and (b) He has 20 for free-kicks!!
View attachment 279193View attachment 279194View attachment 279195View attachment 279196View attachment 279197

After all that I still managed to pull off a big coup but you will have to wait for January to see this new arrival.

PLAYERS OUT
I released Clark, Naysmith, Fallon, Low and Magennis while I sold for fees varying from £35,000 to £525,000 Brown, Milsom, Vernon, Boenisch (for £525k), Osbourne, Langfield and Megginson. Shaughnessy joined Inverness CT on loan and I gave Peterhead McManus, O'Neill and Lindsay while St. Johnstone got Lukasik. In total I raked in £1.5m

SUMMARY
Curci is my new keeper while Ryan Jack will step into midfield to let Barlow play RB. Rekik will play CB since Reynolds returned to Sheff Wed and Powell will take up the LW slot. I feel I have a stronger squad this season so a repeat of last season is not impossible.

---------------------------------------------------------

Aberdeen 2-0 Heart of Midlothian
Considine, Smith

My two best players from last year kick start us this year.

--------------------------------------

Raith Rovers 2-4 Aberdeen
Suarez 2, Smith, Hayes

Newly promoted Raith were on a hiding to nothing here as we charged ahead early on and just got careless near the end.

-------------------------------------------

SCOTLAND AT THE EUROS

They lost all three group games!! It pains me to say this but England won the Euros by beating Spain 2-0. Crouch and Welbeck scored.

good start to second season..at least u got suarez again...liverpool aint sending players to me for my dundee utd team and keep demanding i pay full wages..i thought parent club pays them

Great story so far! Being Scottish this interests me even more than the others. Raith Rovers are also in the SPL :)

good start to second season..at least u got suarez again...liverpool aint sending players to me for my dundee utd team and keep demanding i pay full wages..i thought parent club pays them

Yeah they do - dont know why that is in your save. What I did in a previous save was to save your game just before you pick your parent side and choose each one you get offered to see who they loan you out. Suppose thats cheating in a way but its a useful guide.

In my save I fancied getting Danny Wilson and Raheem Sterling off them but no dice.

images

SEPTEMBER

The story of this month was not our first defeat of the season to lucky Hibs, nor was it our victory at Ibrox over Rangers in the League Cup but our draw in the Champions League as we got drawn in the same group as Fenerbahce, Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid!!!!!! Hopefully we can sneak past Fenerbahce to finish 3rd and get into the Europa League.

Drawing Real Madrid inevitably brings Aberdeen fans to remember the clubs greatest achievement in their history.............
[video=youtube;G2tTz9kF6s0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2tTz9kF6s0[/video]

-------------------------------------

Aberdeen 2-0 St. Mirren
Powell, Smith

---------------------------------------

Ross County 1-3 Aberdeen
Smith 2, Fraser

A good win but Smith got sent-off and Robertson got injured and is out for nearly 2 months.

---------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League Group E
Paris Saint-Germain 4-0 Aberdeen

Welcome to the Champions League! Barlow got sent-off early doors but we were never going to take anything here. Fenerbahce got a point against Real Madrid the barstewards.

-------------------------------------------------

Aberdeen 2-0 Dundee
Yesil, Powell

2 up after 8min on this fan day and I was thinking we were going to get 5 or 6 but it was not to be.

---------------------------------------------------

Scottish Communities League Cup 3rd Round
Rangers 1-2 Aberdeen
Hayes, Yesil

You beauty! Pondered whether or not to go full strength and decided not to in the end. Hayes put us ahead before they levelled and Yesil struck the winner in a close encounter.

-----------------------------------------------------

Hibernian 1-0 Aberdeen

AAAAGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!! Absolutely battered them but they got a penalty, converted by Shefki Kuqi at the age of 963, to win the game with their only shot on goal.

--------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
BRIAN BARLOW
View attachment 279204

View attachment 279205

----------------------------------

AROUND THE COUNTRY

Scotland beat Macedonia and draw with Croatia
Celtic beat Hibs 7-0 in the league.....
and Livingston 8-1 in the cup!

images

club legend Teddy Scott - former player, coach, kit man, scout, boot cleaner and everything else - R.I.P. Teddy

OCTOBER

A good month this with the key result being the win over Fenerbahce. We gave a decent account of ourselves against Real Madrid for half an hour and they never made it to double figures so that was good also lol. This month our attacking midfield 3 has been superb as Powell, Suarez and Fraser scored 11 of our 15 goals.

-------------------------------

Aberdeen 2-0 Fenerbahce
Smith (pen), Suarez

This was a must win game for us and we duly did although Fenerbahce deserved a point in all honesty.

-----------------------------------

Aberdeen 4-1 Kilmarnock
Fraser, Powell, Suarez, May

Summer signing Stevie May came off the bench to score on his debut here.

Celtic 1-1 Aberdeen
Fraser

We took the lead on 29min and did ok but they scored just after Powell got taken off injured in the 2nd half. Both sides coulve won it so a draw was a fair result I suppose. Celtic signed Jonny Russell off Dundee United for £3m and he has been on fire.

----------------------------------------

Real Madrid 6-2 Aberdeen
Suarez, Fraser

I almost feinted when we took the lead on 8min but they levelled 20min later and the floodgates opened. Got asked in the post match press conference if I wished I had players like Ronaldo lol. Of course not as I have Niall McGinn lol. Unfortunately Smith got injured and is out for a month or so. Fenerbahce drew with PSG worryingly.

Aberdeen 4-0 Inverness Caledonian Thistle
Suarez 2, Yesil, Considine

An easy win despite being without Smith and Robertson. Young Stephen Hendrie has been excellent while covering at left back.

----------------------------------------------

Scottish Communities League Cup QF
Motherwell 1-2 Aberdeen
Fraser, Powell

We got lucky here. We fell behind, they missed a pen, had a goal disallowed and then we decided to play lol

-----------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DENIS SUAREZ

images

View attachment 279206

---------------------------------------

AROUND THE COUNTRY

Scotland draw with Serbia and beat Belgium
Celtic rely on pens to defeat Dunfermline in the cup
Rangers still unbeaten and 10pts clear

images

my assistant Archie Knox while at his previous stint with the club as an assistant manager to a certin someone lol

NOVEMBER

The European campaign is still alive although the group isnt as what you might expect it to look like (see below). Domestically it looks as though ourselves and Celtic will be involved ina fight to the very end for the title - no runaway success this year methinks.

Dundee United 0-2 Aberdeen
Yesil, Hayes

A great result but Hughes and Fraser got taken off injured unfortunately.

--------------------------------------

Aberdeen 1-3 Real Madrid
May

Once again we didnt disgrace ourselves however Fenerbahce beat PSG so now it looks as though we have to beat one of those 2 to finish 3rd in the group.

-----------------------------------------

Heart of Midlothian 1-1 Aberdeen
Hughes

Stephen Hughes finally scores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That makes amends for their last minute equaliser then.

Aberdeen 5-1 Raith Rovers
Yesil, Suarez, Hogg (og), McKee, Hayes

Raith had the cheek to take the lead!!! Suarez got injured so McKee came on and his set piece ability came to the fore. I have him on the bench every game to see if his free kicks can decide tight games - which this wasnt but you know what I mean lol

St. Mirren 3-5 Aberdeen
Hayes, Rekik, Yesil, McKee, Considine

What a thriller!! We took an early lead but at half time we were losing 2-1 and they had missed a penalty but then we smashed 4 goals past them pretty quickly in the second half.

---------------------------------------------

Aberdeen 2-1 Paris Saint-Germain
Robertson, Considine

YYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!! Ibrahimovic put them ahead on 5min but Clark Robertson levelled soon after Van der Wiel got sent-off for them and Considine struck a late winner however Fenerbahce went and beat Real Madrid at the Bernabeu the barstewards!!!!! If we win our last group game away to them we qualify remarkably while PSG are the team at the bottom
View attachment 279207

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SAMED YESIL

images

View attachment 279208

-------------------------------

AROUND THE COUNTRY
Scotland beat Azerbaijan and draw with Iceland in friendlies
Kilmarnock sack Shiels and appoint Billy Davies
Dunfermline win the Ramsdens Cup
St.Mirren taken over

That picture of Teddy Scott was from his testimonial wasn't it?

Interestingly that's the first time i saw Man Utd playing in person and the first time i saw Aberdeen win! Was that from Ebbe's disastrous 1st season?

I confidently predict that you will get a draw away to Fenerbahce and Madrid will either draw or win away to PSG. You will then enter the Europa and go on to win it.

Excellent progress so far, cracking story.

That picture of Teddy Scott was from his testimonial wasn't it?

Interestingly that's the first time i saw Man Utd playing in person and the first time i saw Aberdeen win! Was that from Ebbe's disastrous 1st season?

Dont have a scooby to be honest but I imagine so

Great transfer deals and you're doing very well. Joe McKee and Curci were particularly good signings in my eyes.

images

Ryan Fraser is getting popular lol

DECEMBER

A great month (if you ignore losing to Dundee) with us qualifying for the Champions League knockout rounds and we get paired against AC Milan. It was a nerve wracking match against Fenerbahce with me continually checking the PSG score!!

I finally added another keeper of SPL standard to challenge Curci in Marton Fulop on a free transfer. I tried to get him before Curci but could never agree a deal and he would have been 1st choice but not now!
View attachment 279243

----------------------------------

Motherwell 1-3 Aberdeen
Hayes 2, McKee (pen)

Fell behind early on but we recovered well and supersub McKee wrapped the points up. Goodwin got sent-off for them.

-----------------------------------------

Aberdeen 3-0 Ross County
Hayes, Smith 2

Finally Smith recovers his goalscoring touch. He has been back for 5 or 6 games and has been shocking tbh

Fenerbahce 1-2 Aberdeen
Hayes, Hughes

Unbelievable!!!!!! We took an early lead through Hayes who just keeps scoring then they equalised and PSG were 2-0 up over Real so we were bottom. Then Smith had one chalked off but Hughes netted and we held on - just! PSG beat Real 3-2 so even a point wouldnt have seen us finish 3rd
View attachment 279242
Somehow PSG finish bottom despite having a positive goal difference unlike us and Fenerbahce!

Aberdeen 2-0 Hibernian
Robertson, McLean

We had 18 attempts - they had 1 - very easy win - top of the league we go

------------------------------------------

Dundee 2-1 Aberdeen
Considine

I hate playing in Dundee!!!!!!! Especially when ****** Josh Magennis - who I released - scored the 1st and Hughes scored a late O.G. to win it for them - 2nd in the league we go lol

Kilmarnock 0-1 Aberdeen
Suarez

Robertson got sent-off late on but we still got the points. Kilmarnock are surely 1st division bound

Aberdeen 3-1 Celtic
Considine, Rogne (og), McKee

And back to the top we go!!!!!! Battered them here and I mistakingly played Fraser half fit yet he still set up the first. McKee came off the bench with 5min left and he promptly despatched a free-kick.

--------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JONNY HAYES

images

View attachment 279241

--------------------------------------------

AROUND THE COUNTRY

Celtic go out of the Europa League
Rangers finally lose in the league - away to Dumbarton
Non league Edinburgh City get Ross County in the Scottish Cup

Excellent! And out the window go my predictions as usual! :D

I expected to see that. To the knockouts!. From my save with Torino, AC Milan should be a beatable foe for you. Like Inter, they only beat me the first season, maybe they got a second win, but most of our encounters have been wins for me. That's why I think you'll reach quarter finals, then it will be a matter of who do you get.

It seems that first defeat to Hibs stung a little :p

images

JANUARY

I was a bit of a wheeler dealer this month. Outgoing was Peter Pawlett to Falkirk for £70,000 and I released Gavin Rae, a youth team player and I loaned out Lukasik to Peterhead after he returned from St. Johnstone.

Incoming I pulled off a major coup by signing Fraser Fyvie and taking him back to Pittodrie - on a free transfer!!!! (LFCMarshall obviously forgot to change his contract when he moved to Wigan). I brought in Barry Douglas from Dundee United for £65,000 and I got another keeper in too!!! I bought Panama keeper Mejia in for £220,000 and didnt expect him to get a permit but he did so I have 3 quality keepers now! Finally Chelsea gave me a 17y/o centre half on loan for the rest of the season called Dave Pierce - dont need him but took him anyway
View attachment 279261
View attachment 279264View attachment 279263View attachment 279262

-----------------------------------

Aberdeen 4-0 Motherwell
Fyvie, Rekik 2, Suarez

Fyvie scores on his return to the club. I am beginning to think Cammy Smith scored 2 seasons worth of goals in one season last year because he is continually getting ratings of 6.50 and below. Even the board came to me about his form!

William Hill Scottish Cup 4th Round

Aberdeen 2-1 Livingston
Pierce, Yesil

Played the backups and youths and they did the job - coming from behind to win the match. Fulop made his debut while McKee set up both goals.

------------------------------------------------

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1-4 Aberdeen
Suarez, Fraser, Smith 2

Should have known that all Smith would need is a game against ICT! lol

-------------------------------------------------

Aberdeen 1-0 Dundee United
McKee

I view McKee almost like one of those players in hockey that comes on for a penalty corner only lol

------------------------------------------------

Aberdeen 1-0 Heart of Midlothian
Fyvie

Two games in a row very similar - we batter the oppo and take an age to make the breakthrough

---------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FRASER FYVIE

images

View attachment 279265

-----------------------------------------------------

AROUND THE COUNTRY
Celtic get a scare by Berwick in the cup - win 4-3
Arbroath dump out Hearts and will play us in the next round

HAVE TO DASH TO CATCH MY BUS TO GET TO WORK - HAVE 2 DAYS OF THE TRANSFER WINDOW LEFT SO WILL FINISH THE SEASON DURING MY NIGHTSHIFT AND POST UPDATES TOMORROW

great signing in barry douglas, I like him as a player. should have a look at Aaron Niguez, he done amazing in my Aberdeen save used to play for Rangers.

great signing in barry douglas, I like him as a player. should have a look at Aaron Niguez, he done amazing in my Aberdeen save used to play for Rangers.

Been impressed with Douglas so far - havent seen much of him in real life though

I try and avoid signing ex Rangers players! lol - Having said that I have employed a few coaches who played in the mid 90's that I didnt particularly like in Steve Fulton, Alec Cleland and Ally Maxwell