Tsunami hits north-eastern Japan after massive quake

• Thread starter Thread starter Max
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 599
  • Views Views 28K
No one knows yet, until the full extent of the damage is revealed I guess

1000 times higher than regular is ridiculous still, though. :/

---------- Post added at 04:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 AM ----------

10.45pm GMT: Now there are reports from nuclear plant operator Tepco that the Fukushima No 2 plant has lost cooling to three of its reactors.

It was one reactor in the Fukushima No 1 plant that had been the cause for concern earlier – so this news is certainly unwelcome.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/mar/11/japan-tsunami-earthquake-live-coverage

Getting worst.

1000 times higher than regular is ridiculous still, though. :/

True. Looks pretty bleak. Have a feeling they won't be able to do anything. Have a feeling the evacuation zone will be expanded soon

******* sad new :'(

All my thoughts with the affected people in some way or another.
And, given the fact that there are people from all over the world here in this forum, I hope everybody and your relative ones to be ok.

11pm GMT: The Kyodo news agency is reporting that the Japanese government is ordering Tepco to open valves on the Fukushima No 1 reactor to release pressure.

I would not like to be in that plant. It's going to blow sooner or later, the damage...

11pm GMT: The Kyodo news agency is reporting that the Japanese government is ordering Tepco to open valves on the Fukushima No 1 reactor to release pressure.

I would not like to be in that plant. It's going to blow sooner or later, the damage...

Its just getting worse and worse :(

My thoughts go out to everyone affected by the events of the previous 24 hours.

If the reactor was to blow, what implications would it have on England and the rest of Europe?

My thoughts go out to everyone affected by the events of the previous 24 hours.

If the reactor was to blow, what implications would it have on England and the rest of Europe?

It'd have none on us.

Probably little to none, though that's rather missing the point. All depends on the extent of the explosion, anyway.

Its been a bad day to say the least, I just hope it finishes soon and nothing blows up and hopefully within 2-3 years Japan will be back to its self, but some how I think something is going to make it all worse :(

24 years later, and Japan will be clearing up some more radiation :(

It is by no means going to blow. They seem to have it under relative control, it looks really bad, but releasing the pressure won't have much environmental effect as I mentioned earlier. It is an extremely worrying situation though.

Back