Tsunami hits north-eastern Japan after massive quake

• Thread starter Thread starter Max
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 599
  • Views Views 28K
These are exactly the reasons why i'm lucky to live on a cliff in England, on a hill, on a hill, on a hill, on a hill and on a hill

These are exactly the reasons why i'm lucky to live on a cliff in England, on a hill, on a hill, on a hill, on a hill and on a hill

Luckily for all of us in Britain, we dont sit near any plate boundaries. There are some faults which fail every now and then, causing these miny quakes we have every now and then. But even on the atlantic coast of england and Ireland, we are unlikely to ever face a tsunami

Luckily for all of us in Britain, we dont sit near any plate boundaries. There are some faults which fail every now and then, causing these miny quakes we have every now and then. But even on the atlantic coast of england and Ireland, we are unlikely to ever face a tsunami

Good job really. We can't even cope with snow

It really winds me up when the news makes a huge deal out of the tiniest tremor in Britain.

bad luck for me :@

where i live we are right now been evacuated cause of the possible impact of the tsunami in a few hours

It really winds me up when the news makes a huge deal out of the tiniest tremor in Britain.

They make a huge drama out of half a cm of snow. Know how you feel about that. drives me up the frickin wall sometimes

Where you from mate? Hope youre all ok over there!

Panama :(

the people is actually not really worried cause they said 8 hours for the tsunami impact but im scared the **** out :@

bad luck for me i live in front of the beach

I'm on the Sussex coast, the worst we've experienced was a drought and some snow, other than that, nothing. I just hope the because of all these tectonic plates moving that there won't be a worldwide disaster

Panama :(

the people is actually not really worried cause they said 8 hours for the tsunami impact but im scared the **** out :@

bad luck for me i live in front of the beach

wouldn't worry to be honest. A **** of a lot of its force will be gone

2124: Back to California: The small fishing town of Fort Bragg has had its docks ripped apart and filled with debris by the tsunami, the LA Times reports.

America getting hit by some force still then.

2124: Back to California: The small fishing town of Fort Bragg has had its docks ripped apart and filled with debris by the tsunami, the LA Times reports.

America getting hit by some force still then.

Really surprised by that. Experts were saying it would be much weaker by the time it reached there. Saying that, should weaker be in inverted commas.

Just been on CBS website, and just seen a staggering figure for missing people. 88,000. Hope to god thats not true :O

Last edited:
The 8.9-magnitude earthquake which struck Japan on Friday was the strongest in the area in nearly 1,200 years, David Applegate, a senior science adviser at the US Geological Survey, tells the Associated Press. He says the quake ruptured a patch of the earth's crust 240km (150 miles) long and 80km (50 miles) across.

Really surprised by that. Experts were saying it would be much weaker by the time it reached there. Saying that, should weaker be in inverted commas.

Just been on CBS website, and just seen a staggering figure for missing people. 88,000. Hope to god thats not true :O
Not to be a douche but its nowhere near as bad as it was in Japan.

The 8.9-magnitude earthquake which struck Japan on Friday was the strongest in the area in nearly 1,200 years, David Applegate, a senior science adviser at the US Geological Survey, tells the Associated Press. He says the quake ruptured a patch of the earth's crust 240km (150 miles) long and 80km (50 miles) across.
Any effects it can half?

Wow. What are the chances that could fill with magma and produce a new volcano?

Concerning that power plant, the radiation levels is said to be 8 times or 1000 times more. The BBC is getting a little confused...

Last edited:
Back