Tsunami hits north-eastern Japan after massive quake

Hulk just scored a goal for FC Porto... he had a shirt saying "Japan, my heart crys for you"... He played there for 3 years.... What a lad!

To claim harnessing water as energy has no environmental and social impacts is ludicrous. There's a thread for this discussion now. :)

It doesn't. Only a small amount. You have ones on the surface and ones under the surface...Minor disturbances.

On Indian Wells, yesterday I think.. - Novak Djokovic had on his knee brace written: Pray for Japan

I know there's a rule, but surely a yellow card is slightly harsh there? It's not in any way provocative, and I'm sure fans of either side would extend their sympathies to those caught up in the tragedies in Japan.

I know there's a rule, but surely a yellow card is slightly harsh there? It's not in any way provocative, and I'm sure fans of either side would extend their sympathies to those caught up in the tragedies in Japan.

The commentator was saying it was harsh aswell, but the ref needed to follow the rules.. in the end of the game the ref apologized to Hulk.

Rules are rules though.. hopefully it may get rescinded.

****** ****. Yellow carded for being human :S

Explosion at reactor 2 according to BBC. Unknown if it was like the first two as yet.

and the bottom of the container is damaged, indicating possible serious radiation leaks.

2316: Kyodo now says that the suppression pool may have been damaged at the second reactor.
2311: The news agency said the blast was heard at 0610 local time on Tuesday (2110 GMT Monday). No other details were immediately announced.
2308: An explosion is heard at Fukushima's second reactor, the Kyodo news agency reports.

Seems the situation is getting worse.

2316: Kyodo now says that the suppression pool may have been damaged at the second reactor.
2311: The news agency said the blast was heard at 0610 local time on Tuesday (2110 GMT Monday). No other details were immediately announced.
2308: An explosion is heard at Fukushima's second reactor, the Kyodo news agency reports.

Seems the situation is getting worse.

Looks it. Watching the news conference on SN. They're evactuating staff now

On Sky News that they're evacuating all non-essential staff, and they've detected increased levels between the plant and Tokyo. Not sounding good at all, got to respect the "essential" staff that are staying.

On Sky News that they're evacuating all non-essential staff, and they've detected increased levels between the plant and Tokyo. Not sounding good at all, got to respect the "essential" staff that are staying.

Pretty much. They're either mad or brave as ****. I'd prefer to go with the brave to be honest. Hope nothing happens to them. If it wasn't for them, things could've been so much worse.

This could spell the end to nuclear power in Japan, especially if things go south.

Pretty much. They're either mad or brave as ****. I'd prefer to go with the brave to be honest. Hope nothing happens to them. If it wasn't for them, things could've been so much worse.

They're samurais. If they fail, the commit harakiri.

This could spell the end to nuclear power in Japan, especially if things go south.

They don't really have much of an option, they don't have enough space to house enough solar panels or wind turbines to replace their entire nuclear energy supply, which currently provides 1/3 of their power needs.

Going back to fossil fuel burning won't be popular, as efficient, or a long term solution.

They will surely look to upgrade their safety features though. The electric company has already admitted the buildings that house the reactors are not earthquake proof.

Last edited:
oh man, its really going **** up, they already had uncontrolled caesium and iodine releases earlier

---------- Post added at 05:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 AM ----------

damage is apparently to the supression pool :(